What changes should be made for Origin 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably keep the same side but i wasn't that impressed with vaughn or crichton. Neither really offered much off the bench

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a good reason Fittler put JDB on in the last 20. JDB is Jackson but better. Jackson is a very very good club player and there isn't anything wrong with that. He'll be great for us long-term but in Origin you need something else. It's either him or Cordner and Cordner is the captain so he aint getting that spot. Then you look at the lock and JTrobojvic and JDB are better, the first one is the national lock, and JDB the form lock. It isn't happening.

Jackson isn't a bench player, he's rubbish in that role.
jtrobojvic could easily play front row similar to what gallen did and jackson could play lock. Would make us extremely solid in the middle. De belin could easily fill the bench role and come on and provide a bit of impact.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
jtrobojvic could easily play front row similar to what gallen did and jackson could play lock. Would make us extremely solid in the middle. De belin could easily fill the bench role and come on and provide a bit of impact.
Or we could leave the front rowers who were amazing. Klezmer should have played more minutes but his initial burst was sensational and RCG was very good plenty of good carries. All this to fit Jackson in when you can just leave it as it is. You want a change- Sims for Crighton. That's it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No changes for NSW required. You could throw a more versatile forward in Sims on the bench over Crichton as i wasn't a fan of shifting Tyson to the middle to accommodate Crichton during the first half.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This might be a positive change for QLD (from the Betoota Advocate - a generally QLD-centric publication):

Cameron Smith Offers To Come Out Of Retirement To Referee Game II
CONTACT

In sensational Rugby League news, The Betoota Advocate can reveal that Cameron Smith has offered to come out of retirement for State of Origin 2.

Speaking exclusively to us this morning, Smith said that he has thought long and hard about the decision, but feels like he needs to return to the fold in a couple of weeks time.

“It’s not a decision I have made lightly,” Smith said.

“After watching Game One last night, I was appalled at the state of refereeing and felt like I should throw myself back into the fray.”

Smith said that he has spoken to the head of the Referee’s Association about his change of mind, and informed them that he will be available for Game 2 in Sydney if they will allow him back.

We asked Smith whether he would also be coming out of retirement to play in Game 2 and 3, but he brushed the suggestions aside.

“Nah mate, my playing days for Queensland are over,” he said.

“But I do feel like I can keep contributing to the game in terms of taking the whistle backup and resurrecting the series for the Maroons.”

More to come.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
JDB did well. Look at his defence in the first 20 and last 20...note QLD were on top when he was on the bench!
Not as well as Jacko did last year...particularly in game 2. Can't change the team now, but not picking JJ was a shocking decision. He had well and truly earned his place in the side. I'll be kinda pissed off when that idiot Fittler coaches the blues to Victory.....couldn't happen to a nicer moron.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not as well as Jacko did last year...particularly in game 2. Can't change the team now, but not picking JJ was a shocking decision. He had well and truly earned his place in the side. I'll be kinda pissed off when that idiot Fittler coaches the blues to Victory.....couldn't happen to a nicer moron.
No he hadn't earnt his place. Jackson's form was ordinary at best, it was like our whole side, now Jackson has been better than most of our Dogs players but only Klemmer deserved his spot. It wasn't a shocking decision, it was proven correct- they got the win.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No he hadn't earnt his place. Jackson's form was ordinary at best, it was like our whole side, now Jackson has been better than most of our Dogs players but only Klemmer deserved his spot. It wasn't a shocking decision, it was proven correct- they got the win.
You honestly think JDB made the difference? What horse shit. JJ was MOM in game 2 of last year and his form has been fine after a slow start and in a struggling side. Should have walked into that team.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You honestly think JDB made the difference? What horse shit. JJ was MOM in game 2 of last year and his form has been fine after a slow start and in a struggling side. Should have walked into that team.
Defensively yes I thought JDB made a difference, high number of tackles, and quite a few carries. He did his role very well. Don't care what happened last year- NSW lost the series, they needed to start fresh and this is the generation next.

You answered your question with Jackson- he started the season slow. That is very generous too, he was poor for a good month. His last month has been good. However JDB has been the form lock this year.

That said I have been consistent and I have said that I would have picked JTrobojvic at lock, and had Sims on the bench personally. I feel Trobojvic is a better SOO lock personally. However, it's not as if JDB did badly, his stats are very good out of last nights game too, and live I thought he was solid.

We all love Jackson, but we aren't picking a Dogs side, we are picking a NSW side. For years now have picked on past performances. It hasn't worked.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Defensively yes I thought JDB made a difference, high number of tackles, and quite a few carries. He did his role very well. Don't care what happened last year- NSW lost the series, they needed to start fresh and this is the generation next.

You answered your question with Jackson- he started the season slow. That is very generous too, he was poor for a good month. His last month has been good. However JDB has been the form lock this year.

That said I have been consistent and I have said that I would have picked JTrobojvic at lock, and had Sims on the bench personally. I feel Trobojvic is a better SOO lock personally. However, it's not as if JDB did badly, his stats are very good out of last nights game too, and live I thought he was solid.

We all love Jackson, but we aren't picking a Dogs side, we are picking a NSW side. For years now have picked on past performances. It hasn't worked.
Incumbency should have trumped early season form.....JDB was one of the most unremarkable players wearing blue last night. Dropping incumbents like Pearceweak who have repeatedly failed made perfect sense, but to not pick one of our best players from last year's series was fucking horse shit. JDB did nothing last night that Jackson isn't capable of doing just as well, or better.

I know we're not picking a dogs side....don't insult my intelligence.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Jackson to replace Creighton and Aitken to replace Roberts.
Sims over Jackson and Creighton and agree with Aitken over Roberts. Sims is in better from than Jackson by a mile but I think going into game 1 Jackson should of been ahead of Cordner.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No changes for NSW required. You could throw a more versatile forward in Sims on the bench over Crichton as i wasn't a fan of shifting Tyson to the middle to accommodate Crichton during the first half.
Agreed, I thought it was going to work well but Friz was on a tear on the edge

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Incumbency should have trumped early season form.....JDB was one of the most unremarkable players wearing blue last night. Dropping incumbents like Pearceweak who have repeatedly failed made perfect sense, but to not pick one of our best players from last year's series was fucking horse shit. JDB did nothing last night that Jackson isn't capable of doing just as well, or better.

I know we're not picking a dogs side....don't insult my intelligence.
JDB is indisputably a harder hitter then Jacko and a great link passer in the middle. I think you're targeting the wrong guy - maybe should have been there over Crichton

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also JDB has been bloody consistent the last 3 years

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
id replace munster for milford , munster looks like a nice trustworthy guy you could sell but this is just a game

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NSW wont change.

QLD needs more grunt up front and some spark off the bench. QLD were obviously missing Smith big time.

Slater
Holmes
Inglis
Morgan
Gagai
Munster
Hunt
Scott
McCullogh
Napa
Kaufusi
Cooper
McGuire

Ponga
Hess
Arrow
Papalii

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JDB is indisputably a harder hitter then Jacko and a great link passer in the middle. I think you're targeting the wrong guy - maybe should have been there over Crichton
This. Even so I’d pick Sims if a change was needed

Status
Not open for further replies.