What changes should be made for Origin 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
id replace munster for milford , munster looks like a nice trustworthy guy you could sell but this is just a game
You are drunk. Milford is rubbish. Was terrible yet again last night. Munster is the future for QLD. Well him and Ponga.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
JDB is indisputably a harder hitter then Jacko and a great link passer in the middle. I think you're targeting the wrong guy - maybe should have been there over Crichton
I wouldn't say that's indisputable unless you've been hit by both, tbh...... lol.

JJ should have been named before either one of those guys, IMO......but JDB did NOTHING last night to convince me he's must/ auto selection for the future.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that's indisputable unless you've been hit by both, tbh...... lol.

JJ should have been named before either one of those guys, IMO......but JDB did NOTHING last night to convince me he's must/ auto selection for the future.
Haha, fair enough. How about this, it appears while viewing games via TV and live JDB has more impact 1 on 1 defensively then Jacko. Is that anally retentive enough?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jackson is in shit form.. can't even lift his Bulldogs side so forget him.

NSW won't make changes. New side needs some time to gel, and Roberts only just returned this week from injury and got rubbish ball.

QLD I'm sure will make changes. Ponga needs to be there somewhere, and I honestly don't rate Slater this year...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed, I thought it was going to work well but Friz was on a tear on the edge
Yh i'd much prefer a fresh forward coming on through the middle than onto an edge.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roberts for aitken
Crichton for wade graham. Am I the only person that doesn’t rate this crighton **** at all ? Seems he got his origin jumper as soon as he signed for the roosters !

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Haha, fair enough. How about this, it appears while viewing games via TV and live JDB has more impact 1 on 1 defensively then Jacko. Is that anally retentive enough?
Yes, much better! Lol

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe this question needs to be approached from a different angle. What did the Blues pack genuinely lack?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Maybe this question needs to be approached from a different angle. What did the Blues pack genuinely lack?
Woods' penalties and incorrect play the balls?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This might be a positive change for QLD (from the Betoota Advocate - a generally QLD-centric publication):

Cameron Smith Offers To Come Out Of Retirement To Referee Game II
CONTACT

In sensational Rugby League news, The Betoota Advocate can reveal that Cameron Smith has offered to come out of retirement for State of Origin 2.

Speaking exclusively to us this morning, Smith said that he has thought long and hard about the decision, but feels like he needs to return to the fold in a couple of weeks time.

“It’s not a decision I have made lightly,” Smith said.

“After watching Game One last night, I was appalled at the state of refereeing and felt like I should throw myself back into the fray.”

Smith said that he has spoken to the head of the Referee’s Association about his change of mind, and informed them that he will be available for Game 2 in Sydney if they will allow him back.

We asked Smith whether he would also be coming out of retirement to play in Game 2 and 3, but he brushed the suggestions aside.

“Nah mate, my playing days for Queensland are over,” he said.

“But I do feel like I can keep contributing to the game in terms of taking the whistle backup and resurrecting the series for the Maroons.”

More to come.
If it’s out of the advocate you can take it to the bank!!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would not change a thing for NSW.. all those guys on debut and Queensland barely looked a threat all game.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. Grubby Slater (if not fully fit Ponga)
2. Oates
3. G.I.
4. Gagai (replaces kick on the 3rd Chambers)
5. Holmes

Milford OUT - Ponga or Morgan IN

QLD are experiencing a half back crisis. Their two best options are DCE & Hunt LMAO

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paul Vaughan lucky Jordan Maclean is injured this year

Status
Not open for further replies.