Opinion What are your unpopular opinions about the Bulldogs?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately, I missed a lot of Turvey's career as I started watching the 'Dogs in 1985... but 4 years, including the injury interrupted 1988 season, was enough... the man was magic

and for anyone interested, Sterling gave an interview to an English outlet not that long ago where he was asked who were his 5 toughest opponents during his career and three of the five were 'Dogs - Lamb, Gillespie and Steve Mortimer
Sterlo will never forget Cement as he smashed Sterlo's shoulder in a legit hit that made Sterlo retire.
I still remember the huge buzz in 79 when the Dogs because of Mortmer made the GF and trying to become the first team to win the GF from fifth place (bottom position of the play offs back then). We hadn't won a GF for 37 years.

His brilliant double solo tries in the sudden death semi against Cronulla in 79

His brilliant solo try in 79 GF qualifier against Parra that put the Dogs in front from behind

In the 79 GF if it wassn't for Turvey's trademark cover defence St George would have put a cricket score on us as their larger forwards broke our defence at will. We came from behind to only lose by 4 but Turvey at least saved 4 tries and their first try was off a blatant forward pass.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bobcat is the most under rated Bulldog to play for this club. Absolute beast on the Edge who gave everything his body had for this club and this forum acted terribly in the final years of his career

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sterlo will never forget Cement as he smashed Sterlo's shoulder in a legit hit that made Sterlo retire.
I still remember the huge buzz in 79 when the Dogs because of Mortmer made the GF and trying to become the first team to win the GF from fifth place (bottom position of the play offs back then). We hadn't won a GF for 37 years.

His brilliant double solo tries in the sudden death semi against Cronulla in 79

His brilliant solo try in 79 GF qualifier against Parra that put the Dogs in front from behind

In the 79 GF if it wassn't for Turvey's trademark cover defence St George would have put a cricket score on us as their larger forwards broke our defence at will. We came from behind to only lose by 4 but Turvey at least saved 4 tries and their first try was off a blatant forward pass.
great post... thanks