What A Great Effort It Was !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzHeat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we ran out off puff easy, they thought they could stop the chookes like they did with storm. poor decision by moore, shane neumann injured and kept him, all the game they were running at his side!! going for 2 points!!!!! instead of another 6, ben barba benched, david stagg!!!!!!! and still the offloads against us. work it out!!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have the ability to put the points on now but we have to get the missed tackles back down to around 30, we have three days to do it.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
we had only 5 sets in the seond half against Roosters.... tells you about the "effort"

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So my question is can we afford 1 more loss and still make the 8 or is that our season finished if we dont win against the eels?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not really, the Roosters were fired up, fiesty and fast.
We need our own will power to maintain the intensity without losing focus, things are slipping away for the Dogs but beating Parra will put us back on top for a week.

MikeG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So my question is can we afford 1 more loss and still make the 8 or is that our season finished if we dont win against the eels?
We need to go 7/7 - cut-off will be 28 or 30 this year

B

bigdog2

We seemed to lack that urgency to push up on the roosters last tackles, specially there last try.
it was last tackle, they spread it, they were going nowhere, and we just sat back and waited for them to do something.
they ended up coming back the other way and somehow created an overlap...and once again poor Idris was easily turned inside out and they scored
winitana went off...and that made things alot worse for us...they scored their last 2-3 trys on that side
idris should not have moved to the centres we shouldve got somelike stagg (at least he ccan defend good and he wont let any tries..!

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This thread is crap. 36 points leaked is hardly a great effort.

pillow biter

Waterboy
Reaction score
The players played their hearts out and were beaten by the better team... I am proud of the way they have been playing and am excited about some of our young talent that we have out there this team is building something great for our future, perhaps not this season but the future looks very bright. I think the mighty Dogs have done alright this year considering player injuries and new players being blooded. I think even though we lost it was our best attacking performance this year... The Roosters deserved the win but just think what the score line would've been 6 weeks ago.
Kudo's to you Scooby Doo for being gracious in defeat & acknowledging how well the opposition played.

Get out there Doggies and upset your arch rivals the Eels this weekend.

Kev Moore and Dymock should rev the team up for the remaining rounds with a view to a successful start in 2011.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
The only thing I took away from last weekends game is that we have no depth in our outside backs!
With Idris in the backrow &Turner injured we were left with D grade players! Winitana and Neuman!

We need a classy centre for next year? who is on the market?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The players played their hearts out and were beaten by the better team... I am proud of the way they have been playing and am excited about some of our young talent that we have out there this team is building something great for our future, perhaps not this season but the future looks very bright. I think the mighty Dogs have done alright this year considering player injuries and new players being blooded. I think even though we lost it was our best attacking performance this year... The Roosters deserved the win but just think what the score line would've been 6 weeks ago.
While we are gracious in defeat... we should have not lost the game like that when we were leading with a margin of 12 pts at one stage....

For you to say we did alright this season... how the **** can you say that when we have only won 6 games from 18? we have the roster that should be in the top 8 and not languishing somewhere in oblivion with us only sitting 2 points ahead of the sharks and only 4 points ahead of the cowboys. this is not good enough.

So often this season we had the games in our grasp in the final moments of the games and yet somehow we have the inability to finish teams off and somehow we find a way to lose games that we should have won.

the parrascums are 4 pts ahead of us and they are only 2 pts outside the top 8... depending how other results go this weekend and if they beat us... they will be in the top 8

The only thing I took away from last weekends game is that we have no depth in our outside backs!
With Idris in the backrow &Turner injured we were left with D grade players! Winitana and Neuman!

We need a classy centre for next year? who is on the market?
we should have a look at our nursery first before we go out and buy

Status
Not open for further replies.