What A Great Effort It Was !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
While initially disappointed, I pondered over how well we had played - we simply ran out of puff.
Those huge defensive efforts we continually put on back to back were breathtaking and of course - leg sapping.
We showed plenty in attack and thats against a top 4 team - we're still finding our legs.

The boys really stood up yesterday and we can take plenty from that.

Last edited by a moderator:

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
While initially disappointed, I pondered over how well we had played - we simply ran out of puff.
Those huge defensive efforts we continually put on back to back were breathtaking and of course - leg sapping.
We showed plenty in attack and thats against a top 4 team - we're still finding our legs.

The boys really stood up today and we can take plenty from that.
What round are we in now? bit late to be finding our legs..

not even close to good enough, didn't back ourselves defensively as well as we did in the last 3 weeks either.

GreekDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yes it was a great effort however its not the first time weve thrown away a game from our firm grasp. Knights, warriors, tigers etc. It would make it a lot a lot less difficult to make the top eight if we had won those close ones.

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't expect to win when you can't play for 80 minutes. You said they 'ran out of puff', not good enough for this time of the season and especially for a game that they desperately needed to win. It honestly looked like they just gave up towards the end as the defence was barely visible.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can't expect to win when you can't play for 80 minutes. You said they 'ran out of puff', not good enough for this time of the season and especially for a game that they desperately needed to win. It honestly looked like they just gave up towards the end as the defence was barely visible.
My statement mentioned ran out of puff.
I don't recall commenting on whether it was good or bad.
Additionally, your comment about giving up suggests your mounth needs a gargle - of soap !

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The boys really stood up yesterday and we can take plenty from that.
Lol are you serious our first half defence was rubbish.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seemed like a top quality game, the boyz obviously tried hard but the crap penalties against the Roosters obviously had them coming home more determined, hardship builds character but gee Im sick of coming second.

W

waveraider

That was a disgraceful performance. Defence was terrible, you dont lead by 12 and get run down, we are not a chance of doing anything in the finals so probably lucky we wont make it and embarass ourselves.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
In the context of the season we had that was an ok performance where we did not get smashed, but looking at the roster we have, the 8 points lead we had 15 minutes to go and Refs on our side....... THATS DISGRACEFULL!!!

Scooby doooo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The players played their hearts out and were beaten by the better team... I am proud of the way they have been playing and am excited about some of our young talent that we have out there this team is building something great for our future, perhaps not this season but the future looks very bright. I think the mighty Dogs have done alright this year considering player injuries and new players being blooded. I think even though we lost it was our best attacking performance this year... The Roosters deserved the win but just think what the score line would've been 6 weeks ago.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
The players played their hearts out and were beaten by the better team... I am proud of the way they have been playing and am excited about some of our young talent that we have out there this team is building something great for our future, perhaps not this season but the future looks very bright. I think the mighty Dogs have done alright this year considering player injuries and new players being blooded. I think even though we lost it was our best attacking performance this year... The Roosters deserved the win but just think what the score line would've been 6 weeks ago.
Are you serious mate???

Warriors had more injuries than any one in the comp.... Broncos started playing with their toyota cup players for first half .... Tigers had more injured players than us......We played some teams with their key players out and we still got flogged... if you think we tried our best this season then you havent watched any game.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
going for the 2 points was a mistake
we thought we could hold them out and defened the 8 point lead. we didnt continue to attack like we did in the first half and we lost it then
the BOYS played well we just took the wrong option

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
Great effort my arse!

We leaked 36 points and put ourselves under tonnes of pressure... that was definitely not the committed team that beat the storm and the raiders...

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Scoring points does not equate to a great effort if you cannot keep points out!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny thing was...

This time it definitely wasn't our attack that was overly lacking but rather our defense which has been great the past few weeks...

Holding off the Storm should've been harder than the Roosters...don't know why our defense went to sleep there, but then again even when we thrashed them 60-14 last time there was absolutely no defence involved either, the Roosters were just horrible that day...

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
We seemed to lack that urgency to push up on the roosters last tackles, specially there last try.
it was last tackle, they spread it, they were going nowhere, and we just sat back and waited for them to do something.
they ended up coming back the other way and somehow created an overlap...and once again poor Idris was easily turned inside out and they scored
winitana went off...and that made things alot worse for us...they scored their last 2-3 trys on that side

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
our defence was deadset sh1t and its nothing to be proud of

Status
Not open for further replies.