Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol until you ride a decent bike you’ll never understand the difference

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
what’s the go with push bikes on the actual road?
I'm one of the rare men in Australia who can navigate the roads and not be a nuisance to vehicle traffic!

Unlike all these Uber bike riders who appear to be of south Asian heritage.
I actually have road sense and street wisdom.

Not everyone is cut out for riding on the road!

I haven't ridden a bike in a long time.
I need to redevelop my cardio before even considering riding on the roads.

What are the chances I'll be killed riding down Lakemba street?

If I ride on the roads now it will be in the south west suburbs where everything is close by.
I used to ride out in the western suburbs where the suburbs are further apart.

I only had 2 stupid things happen while riding out there.
Some punks egged me but the shell didn't break.

And another time these punks drove passed me on the great western highway. The passenger opened the door and the driver swerved at me and they tried taking me off my bike!

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that you got ripped off?
Far from it. Going from Hard Tail to full suss, it's a huge price difference.

Same with going from a lesser brand to a better brand of bike and equipment....

In saying that, for a weekend warrior, that $4k with give you a very good bike that will last for years on end and be able to do everything you ask of it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Best thing about riding a bike.
You don't have to burn your wallet to keep it moving!

I am moving to Bankstown soon.
I already sussed out the time it will take me to drive or ride a bike.

You only save 1 minute using a car!
What a waste of fuel!

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I walked past a bike shop in a shopping centre and stuck my head in.. I was gonna go uppercut the shop owner..

plenty of bikes were $2000-3000 and more
Know its not the same but you could buy a 2nd hand scooter or even motorbike for that.

But I was thinking of buying an Ebike but the prices :anguished::anguished::anguished:......Whoa no thanks. Will wait til prices

Love it but that price.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course there is different quality bikes but it’s a diminishing return.. I’d say a $10,000 bike is 50% better than a Kmart bike..

if I raced someone over 200 metres… would the $10,000 bike be much ahead? If at all it wins?
But who would ride/race for 200m? try 50km for a basic ride and see how the Kmart road bike is going for you. Then take a Kmart MTB downhill and see how long it lasts before the frame cracks, wheels buckle, pedals break off, cranks shear. (I think they actually have stickers on them warning you not to take them off-road).

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Price of push bikes??

How about the price of Sydney property, keeps going up. Even with a recession looming and interest rates going up. Prices still going up!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But who would ride/race for 200m? try 50km for a basic ride and see how the Kmart road bike is going for you. Then take a Kmart MTB downhill and see how long it lasts before the frame cracks, wheels buckle, pedals break off, cranks shear. (I think they actually have stickers on them warning you not to take them off-road).
if they break buy another one.. but I bet they hold together and even outrun many more expensive bikes.

people buy those bikes for $5k-10k and then have to buy another bike for $189 “daily driver” so they don’t damage the expensive bike. Haha

so what do they keep the expensive bike for? A wedding?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Usually the expensive bikes they use for runs up and down the coast or daily cycle rides to the Gong etc... but still very stupid to spend that much unless you do that regularly.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
$4500 to rack up? You are still getting ripped off at $350 in Australia but $4,500 is way to much but I guess with the cost of living and inflation. I’m glad I don’t play with eight balls these days.
yeah I looked into it.
I think you have machines and technology to blame?
Since there are more machines that means there are less craftsmen.

I imagine you are paying for the time,effort and detail it would take into forging a cue?

How many people do you know in 2023 who have a career in forging snooker cues and golf clubs?
It’s a rare occupation.
So I guess it makes sense with less people doing the trade and with inflation they are worth more?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey @Blue_boost
Did you know you can spend $4500 on a pool cue?
it does make my blood boil.

another that makes my Blood boil is some car performance items. Like a bit of pipe with a flange welded on and they want $1000. Or some intercooler, $2000 for a heat exchanger that costs $150 to make

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t wear lycra or padded pants, I don’t drink coffee, I don’t eat banana bread, I don’t hog the road giving everyone the shits, I’m not Chinese & I like women so no bike for me thanks

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t wear lycra or padded pants, I don’t drink coffee, I don’t eat banana bread, I don’t hog the road giving everyone the shits, I’m not Chinese & I like women so no bike for me thanks
I seen an old white guy with white long hair and a beard riding a bike.

It was like seeing Gandalf or Saruman riding.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cash converters Diamond Back the other week 150

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The old Mongoose Classic $1,000 these days

IMG_9567.jpeg