News Welcome back SBW

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BAHAHAHAHAHAH
Only played 120 NRL games and most All Black games off the bench.
He won a lot of trophies but was made out to be the greatest player in history, for both codes. The word 'underachieve' doesn't mean he didn't achieve anything. Just that the reality didn't match the hype.
So you may want to ridicule a view point different to yours, if that makes you feel superior, but there are many who hold the opinion he never delivered on the sales pitch. Especially Kiwi union fans.
Either way, the current issue is his new sales pitch which is that he possesses some transcendent insight into the meaning of life. In fact, you can find all of his cute sayings about how to live a meaningful life either on your little sister's bedroom wall, on the occasions it is possible to work out what he is actually saying, or in any cheap self-help book at the second-hand bookstore.
The Bulldogs are helping him to promote his guru brand. The guy is shallow and a phony. He will underachieve as a life coach as well.
Nothing worse.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He owed the club 750k after he broke the contract... Politis helped him come back to Australia by paying the club off and in return he had to play for the Roosters. Other players have left the club for Bondi in just as bad circumstances and are welcomed at the club no issue, this guy joined them because he had no other choice other than fit the bill himself.

Each to their own but most people dont know half the story yet they jump on the bandwagon because it suits them regardless of context.
He owed more than 750k for how he disappeared on his team mates and every fan without telling them in the middle of the night. SBW is a great player, but to say he does not owe the club or that others have done worse is rewriting history. I’m not one to hold a grudge, but you cannot blame any dogs fan for not forgiving him.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He won a lot of trophies but was made out to be the greatest player in history, for both codes. The word 'underachieve' doesn't mean he didn't achieve anything. Just that the reality didn't match the hype.
So you may want to ridicule a view point different to yours, if that makes you feel superior, but there are many who hold the opinion he never delivered on the sales pitch. Especially Kiwi union fans.
Either way, the current issue is his new sales pitch which is that he possesses some transcendent insight into the meaning of life. In fact, you can find all of his cute sayings about how to live a meaningful life either on your little sister's bedroom wall, on the occasions it is possible to work out what he is actually saying, or in any cheap self-help book at the second-hand bookstore.
The Bulldogs are helping him to promote his guru brand. The guy is shallow and a phony. He will underachieve as a life coach as well.
Nothing worse.
He was a great player in league and union. Few modern day players can transition between the codes in any other position than wing. RTS for example….as a man though-the way he left the dogs was cowardly and I find it difficult to hear someone, especially a Samoan speak on morals and brotherhood with how he never really tried to repay the fans

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He owed more than 750k for how he disappeared on his team mates and every fan without telling them in the middle of the night. SBW is a great player, but to say he does not owe the club or that others have done worse is rewriting history. I’m not one to hold a grudge, but you cannot blame any dogs fan for not forgiving him.
He was what 20 years old being told that he was being ripped and could earn the same wage in 6 months rather than a few years. He was also the last of many that jumped shut because they were having dramas with the administration.

Plenty of more context than he just left his team mates and the fans.. damn it most of these fans would turn on a bloke for knocking it on and giving away a penalty even though he rips in every week. This is not a good place to talk about loyalty.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing worse.
Bro LOL idk how unhappy you are when you look in the mirror but get help. Everything you just said sounded like envy, hatred and jelous.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He was what 20 years old being told that he was being ripped and could earn the same wage in 6 months rather than a few years. He was also the last of many that jumped shut because they were having dramas with the administration.

Plenty of more context than he just left his team mates and the fans.. damn it most of these fans would turn on a bloke for knocking it on and giving away a penalty even though he rips in every week. This is not a good place to talk about loyalty.
The point is not because he left, the point is the way the Coward left.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You all know I mean no disrespect at all but it's only our Muslim brothers on here that defend him because he converted.

He is an insult to you guys.

Questionable statement bro..

I for one as one of your Muslim bros never liked the bloke, didn't give an eff nor took a word of his for anything more than a grain of salt.

It was only until I met the guy a few months back and spent sometime with him to know what he is really about.

I will say one thing and leave it at that, if he pissed anyone off he regrets the hell out of it but he will maintain he learnt from it and made him who he is today. A Very very respectful honourable human with no ego, passion as a family man and happiness to help ANYONE who needs it. Truly a champion bro, unlike anything I have seen before.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You all know I mean no disrespect at all but it's only our Muslim brothers on here that defend him because he converted.

He is an insult to you guys.
He's done so much for the community and what he is doing and has done outside of his already decorated sporting achievements makes up for any misdemeanors or wrongs he did. When he left and still didn't declare his faith I was still a staunch supporter bro. He chased what he thought he was worth and that was more than twice the Bulldog's salary at the time.
I don't know too many people who'd knock back over $1m a season and say nah ill stick to a wooden spoon team and get smashed week in week out for half that.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Questionable statement bro..

I for one as one of your Muslim bros never liked the bloke, didn't give an eff nor took a word of his for anything more than a grain of salt.

It was only until I met the guy a few months back and spent sometime with him to know what he is really about.

I will say one thing and leave it at that, if he pissed anyone off he regrets the hell out of it but he will maintain he learnt from it and made him who he is today. A Very very respectful honourable human with no ego, passion as a family man and happiness to help ANYONE who needs it. Truly a champion bro, unlike anything I have seen before.
He's done so much for the community and what he is doing and has done outside of his already decorated sporting achievements makes up for any misdemeanors or wrongs he did. When he left and still didn't declare his faith I was still a staunch supporter bro. He chased what he thought he was worth and that was more than twice the Bulldog's salary at the time.
I don't know too many people who'd knock back over $1m a season and say nah ill stick to a wooden spoon team and get smashed week in week out for half that.
If what you say is true then it's a shame his good deeds get glossed over and people only remember his cowardly fleeing.

I've dealt with him through my work and just see him as a weak minded sheep that is easily influenced.

PS we all would of taken the $1m but I'd like to think any real man wouldn't of gone about it the way he did.

Obviously I'm not a scholar in the Quran but I'm sure it wouldn't condone him bitching out like that and would rather him be a man and do what he had to do.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The players may look up to him because they are paid, we are fans that had to support a club thru those times.
My son was a huge fan and SBW just ran , fuck him.
He made a lot of young fans turn away from the Dogs at the time

He has no shame.
And killed our season. I remember going to the games after he left that year. Most miserable time as a fan that I can recall.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All depends what he is back to do.

If he is here to give spiritual advice and right his wrongs in public only. Deserves all the hate he gets.

If he is here to try and pay back what the club did for his career and the devastation he caused us when we were so much in need of him staying…well then get to work and let your actions speak for themself.

I don’t hold grudges. I judge people on today and tomorrow. You can be an asshole to me your whole life but if you act respectful today I will be respectful back.

2013 was the year he should have repaid us, then he did the ultimate dog act and repaid the Roosters a debt he never owed.

Gonna have to do big things to make it all square again…..bring Haas on minimum wage and we will all never talk of this again hahaha

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Who cares if he could earn more money elsewhere. He is responsible for signing and upholding his contract.
Thing is he chose to leave.
Fine.
But dont come back, its a kick in the face.
I dont wish ill of the bloke but I do fund it disgusting that he would be seen as the bloke to hand out Dogs jerseys.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have come a long way and are a united bunch. That is evident by who spoke to the team at one of their final pre-season training sessions.

Sonny bill Williams was
Invited by coach Cameron Ciraldo and general manager of football Phil Gould to speak to the team.

It's quite the turnaround for SBW, who went from being a favourite son to despised at Belmore after walking out on the club and a lengthy contract in 2008.

Ciraldo initially wanted Williams to present the first-grade team with their jumpers before their first game of the NRL season, but Williams had prior commitments.

The Bulldogs are reconnecting with their past and have Willie
Mason working with the squad, while Mark O'Meley also has a role with the club. The inclusion of Josh Jackson on their fitness staff is also a smart play, given the lack of experience in the playing ranks.
I don't get how Ciraldo and Gould thought bringing a piece of shit like $bw back to hand out dogs jersey's was a good idea, how about ask the supporters before doing something like this or doesn't our opinion matter, Ciraldo might be classed as the new messiah but in doing this he has already pissed a lot of doggie supporters off and the same goes for Gould.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one would begrudge anyone to leave for greener pastures, however, the way SBW handled the situation, on top of the fact he had recently resigned with the club months prior to running off to French Rugby, is the issue, & will always be a black mark against his name.
As far as I’m concerned, he can go back & hide underneath Khoder’s desk where he belongs!

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are Doggies for life, how many of the current players and coaching staff are?
Family club. You dont desert your family when they're down and out.
But lets forgive and forget because he went on to be an elite athlete.
I feel sorry for the people that renewed their membership for this year. It’s going to be another long year.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bro LOL idk how unhappy you are when you look in the mirror but get help. Everything you just said sounded like envy, hatred and jealous.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t care. I still and always will hate the **** for what he did. Fuck him hard tbh
I felt this way about SBW for a long time.
I no longer feel that way. Sonny was young and impressionable and probably wasn't getting the greatest
of advice at that time.
He has demonstrated contrition and regarded by our current staff and others as a very much welcomed member
of our blooming squad.

I really had to bite the bullet.......inevitably I did, why don't you.