Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Weidler

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cheers, you're spot on with that.

"Other bonuses – Any other bonus contained in a player's contract will be calculated in the Salary Cap if the NRL Salary Cap Auditor expects him to achieve the bonus based on his prior year's performance. "
Yeah that’s the one I saw. Up to the NRLs interpretation and we aren’t the roosters or Souths... but you would have to think that would work in our favour... he’s missed bulk games every year, and would have this year as well if it was a regular season

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did explain it somewhere but begs it of the doubt to you you didn't see it.

He was offered a deal of 350 + 100 if he played a certain amount of games.

It's insulting for a few reasons.
Firstly, there's almost an insinuation he's getting injured or kissing games on purposes.

Secondly, and way more importantly. That extra 100 goes to the Salary cap regardless. It's cruel to not pass that onto the player. 350 is too low for a player like Foran. But I repeat. 450 goes to the cap.

I understand there needs to be safeguards. But like I've said 100 times. Isn't it much more better and less insulting rather to withhold money from him, say that there's a second year activates if he plays enough games?
That's incentive enough to stay healthy
Perhaps the club should have offered him $450 with a clause that if was out injured again and out for more than 3 games he would retire immediately.

Choc

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I did explain it somewhere but begs it of the doubt to you you didn't see it.

He was offered a deal of 350 + 100 if he played a certain amount of games.

It's insulting for a few reasons.
Firstly, there's almost an insinuation he's getting injured or kissing games on purposes.

Secondly, and way more importantly. That extra 100 goes to the Salary cap regardless. It's cruel to not pass that onto the player. 350 is too low for a player like Foran. But I repeat. 450 goes to the cap.

I understand there needs to be safeguards. But like I've said 100 times. Isn't it much more better and less insulting rather to withhold money from him, say that there's a second year activates if he plays enough games?
That's incentive enough to stay healthy
Lol, you do realise it’s only added to the cap once he’s played a certain amount of games.
same as if you have a rep clause in your contract. If the player doesn’t play rep games he doesn’t get paid the bonus nor is it added to the cap.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers, you're spot on with that.

"Other bonuses – Any other bonus contained in a player's contract will be calculated in the Salary Cap if the NRL Salary Cap Auditor expects him to achieve the bonus based on his prior year's performance. "
You'd have to think that the performance bonuses would be benchmarked against not just minutes/games played, but try assists, tries, line break, line break assists etc? The way he goes missing in the second half this year, he'd do well on an incentive based deal if he puts actual effort in next year