We were dudded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
True, as fans, we know that most of our tries are "earned" through the video ref review, We've become accustomed for a try to be reviewed and for it to be scrutinised to the enth degree whereas refs appear to award our opposition without question...I don't know if it's super coincidental and just unlucky or if their is some kind of hidden agenda.
Nah just certain teams tries don't get scrutinised and to name a couple Roosters and Broncos (that blatant fwd pass for Kahu try was disgraceful)

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
One guy said it after the game. That many ?
On every rugby league show after the match, on TV or radio, there was not one mention of a possible no try. Not one. I can't ever recall that happening, that a so called no try didn't see one commentator mention an obstruction.
And lads let's not forget that Tony Archer said last year the bunker made just 5 errors in 26 rounds.
Archer is a moron.
Lol so let's change the rules to suit the chooks

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol so let's change the rules to suit the chooks
That already happened when Robinson was bum buddies on that joke of a panel with uncle wayne. They changed the interchange rules and ruck interpretation to suit their mobile packs.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One guy said it after the game. That many ?
On every rugby league show after the match, on TV or radio, there was not one mention of a possible no try. Not one. I can't ever recall that happening, that a so called no try didn't see one commentator mention an obstruction.
And lads let's not forget that Tony Archer said last year the bunker made just 5 errors in 26 rounds.
Archer is a moron.
TBH I dont really care what Archer says, I just look at it with my own eyes. It isnt even close too by the way, Keary catches the ball well inside the inside shoulder so it doesnt matter who had a cry at the time, it should have been no try. So we were dudded. We lost and all the rest, that still should not have been a try.

Do you see something different to me?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also just because people dont say anything, doesnt mean it was a try. If someone stands out and commentators and refs dont say anything that doesnt change the fact that someone stood out lol. Just like this case, no one saw it, big deal doesnt change the fact that it was obstruction and not even a close one tbh.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Should they have overturned it at the bunker...

UBET they should have!

#fuckthebettingpartnersfordestroyingtheNRL

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So like why doesn't the bunker fucken intervene and tell the on field ref, ahhh mate there was just a blatant Sheppard.
Like what the fuk is the purpose of it? To dissect the slow mo and say oh we see the tip of ball touches line therefore a try.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
You do know it's a rule that was brought in to stop the bulldogs when we had barba at his peak
This is exactly what happened , then they brought out the reduced interchange rule so we don't have to many big forwards.
That already happened when Robinson was bum buddies on that joke of a panel with uncle wayne. They changed the interchange rules and ruck interpretation to suit their mobile packs.
Similar to taking on big business. When you start making wins and you encroach on their market share they change the rules of the game.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also just because people dont say anything, doesnt mean it was a try. If someone stands out and commentators and refs dont say anything that doesnt change the fact that someone stood out lol. Just like this case, no one saw it, big deal doesnt change the fact that it was obstruction and not even a close one tbh.
This happens all the time. Commentators and referees like us fans have favoured and most hated teams.

I think the worst decision of the weekend was in the Warriors v Storm game. Cameron Smith standing 5 meters or so left of and in line with the play the ball, changes direction to lightly shoulder number 12 from the Warriors, who was looking for a charge down on Cooper Cronk. Put off his line enough for Cronk to get his kick away without any pressure. TRY. Refs didn't see it (like a lot of Smith's rubbish), didn't refer it to the bunker and the Kiwi commentators and the studio guests at half time didn't mention it.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we can't recover from 1 50/50 call we are just not that good. That is just absolute reality
I think most people on here arent saying that though, of course we should recover from that well in fact we didnt even complain about it at the time so we kind of did recover from it. They got infront then we came back.

That still doesnt change the fact that we got dudded. The more I look at it it makes me more and more angry because not only is it a no try it isnt even fucking close. He catches the ball way inside the inside shoulder but the ref just goes ahead and gives it. Piss poor tbh

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a load of rubbish ! I reckon 95% of Bulldog supporters that weren't bias, would agree Cordners try was a try. No one was obstructed.
Cmon guys, it's for all to see.
Even Archer, who has a history of awarding 'bad' decisions against us agrees it was no-try.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Learn the rules!
I corrected myself after watching the footage from behind the Roosters goal line.

I admit its obstruction, but still should have been tackled. Only Eastwoods sight of Keary was blocked for like 1/10 of a sec. He still got to him and should have made the tackle along with Mbye.

A dud call (or no-call) from the refs, But so was Brenkos decision not to jump for the ball or the Morris twins in round 1.

Whats unusual is most of the time the refs go upstairs for plays like that. Plays that are 50/50 and while people did bring it to his attention, he didnt even hesitate to award the try.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
And there are poor calls by the refs every week.

Every team is "dudded"

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats unusual is most of the time the refs go upstairs for plays like that. Plays that are 50/50 and while people did bring it to his attention, he didnt even hesitate to award the try.
When you consider that Josh Morris' first half try went to the video ref and they spent an awful long time scrutinizing it.

It's reminiscent of our first game against Parra last year, in technical definition the video ref ruled on Kasiano's forward pass and we were all told that video refs cannot rule on a forward pass.

We cop the weirdest decisions and the refs come out and say it was right but then we see the same incident, with different teams,and nothing is called, e.g.

James Graham accidentally taking out Adam Reynolds in that Black Friday game, 2 weeks later it happened with a roosters players connecting with Cooper Cronks leg for an attempted field goal and nothing was given.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats what happens when you spend 50K and blast a ref like the Rorter$ did to Cummins

Status
Not open for further replies.