We said playing good and losing is still not winning.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is happy with that second half embarrassment. But I’ll take the win any day.
I've already moved on tbh. Who we playing next?

Fuck it. We've been so so shit for so so long, why the fuck would I analyse a game we won in and played extremely well for 40 mins.

Onwards and upwards I say

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the two halves of the games were reversed , this place would be ecstatic and singing praises for the team on how we came back to win from behind .

it always hurts when something is given (20-0 lead) and taken away . Fans are happy with the win but The way we collapsed and capitulated in the second half is what hurting big time .
It’s all human nature . People don’t like to lose their wealth when they already have been given in abundance ,even if at the end they have more than others . So many millionaires committed suicide after Losing more than half their wealth in GFC. The still had millions in their bank accounts when they took their own lives . Most of us here would be over the moon and retire tomorrow if we had that sort of money .

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We had them by the throat for the first 40 then dropped to the ankle for the second 40, im glad we got the win no matter what. The positive for me is it showed how well we CAN play and also it showed us where we need to improve going forward, things changed in the second half and will be addressed which im certain of.

Just be happy we got the 2 and know we can win if we stick to it and don't relent at all, no matter the lead we need to play to win.

Tez01

New Pup
Reaction score
For me, feeling like shit after playing well v the Sharks and souffs (games we could have, should have won) I will take that win everyday of my life.

Sick of playing good and losing. Best thing is we beat the Chooks. Wish I could say the same last week v Souffs. Fricken Sutton!!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
They showed what they Can do when playing footy... and they showed what they can do when trying to defend the lead... the difference is just mindset
And possession. We were starved of the ball in the second half. When we finally did get it, we scored.
The Roosters have a champion team. Give them that much ball and they'll beat anyone.
Being a player short doesn't much matter in attack.

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Win is a win Two points are two points but it would be nice to finish a game with everyone playing in their correct positions and not all reshuffled around the park.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's just heat of the moment chat.. it would have been really bad to lose against a team a man down (plus two HIA's and a sin bin) after being up by 26, regardless of the quality of opposition.

Now that the dust has settled, I think if there's one thing that we can really take out of that game, it's that Burton played arguably his best game for us (considering the opposition) whilst he was in the halves, and seeing what happened to our kicking once he shifted allowed us to see how important his big boot is.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd rather we had a bad game and win, then play very well and gutsy and lose.

The ladder shows a win. On round 24 if we are fighting for a top8 spot. The records will show we got a win [emoji471].

Have a great weekend

Up the doggies

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We definitely panicked after half time probably because they have been losing for so long they forgot how to. I hope we learn from that. At least we played so well in the first half that it set us up to hang on.
who’s been losing so long? I keep hearing that but half the team
Is new.. then you throw in
Burton
Kikau
Fox all from winning clubs

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton
Kikau
Point taken but..The club has been loosing so long. The new players to this club showed us in the first half that Ciraldo is right in creating stability and trust in his selection process; Burton is a very capable half and a ball player. Kikau and our edges can be lethal in attack against first class opponents. Our defence is improving…

The second half revealed how immature and co dependant on those systems this group of players are at this stage. They didn’t cope with structural changes and adversity.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton
Kikau
I don't think it's that simple. A culture is built around unity and team.

While individuals may have succeeded in the past, unity and team is centred on trusting the person on the left and right of you.

As a unit and team, we've done fuck all for W long time. This is the first time we've been competing consistently for a long long time, so it's going to take time for teammates to build that mutual trust.

Keep in mind we had a high number of injuries during the game where players were switched out of position. So, that trust is going to be even lower when you're playing next time someone new.

The game was a massive lesson for everyone and I think we'll only be better for it.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think a few people have gone off too early, maybe reconsider now that we know the facts. Considering we were playing with 6 injured players for the 2nd half I’m far happier with the game as a whole. The truth is we completely smashed them when playing our starting 13 on their starting 13. That’s something to celebrate long and hard.

Always a Bulldog

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think a few people have gone off too early, maybe reconsider now that we know the facts. Considering we were playing with 6 injured players for the 2nd half I’m far happier with the game as a whole. The truth is we completely smashed them when playing our starting 13 on their starting 13. That’s something to celebrate long and hard.

Always a Bulldog
Spot on my friend. Spot on

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can never be unhappy with a win.. but overall wasnt impressive at all considering they were a man doen and lost halfback and fullback mid game..

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
100%. Its no wonder our defence was bad in the 2nd half. Once that was revealed- it made so much more sense because I was embarrassed with 20 mins to go.