We need warriors to lose next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hazmak

What makes everyone here think that Utai will be playing next week?

T

TdoggBulldog

Not such a bad thing, coz for us to finish 6th we couldnt lose to them next week. With a loss we'd be 7th or 8th. So we would be playing them there straight after beating them there.
yes it is bad because its ****ing impossible to get tickets to a cowboys final

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://nrl.com/finalscalculator/

use that link to check

i worked it out this way, souths and broncos win, we lose by 32, tigers win by 40, can move to 9th but i cant see it happening, we come good after a bashing

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
- Cowbows beat Dogz @ DairyFarmers by a margin of about +35 (if you think this is unrealistic, see our last fri night game at home).

- Tigers beat Knights by a margin of about +35 @ Telstra (Knights have conceeded an average of +40 points in last three games, & the Tigers are desperate)

- Wabbitz beat Roosters by +1

- Broncos beat Eels by +1

That will leave us in 9th spot.

Im assuming here the Eels dont save us by losing their next 2 games by big margins.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but the Dogz need to wake up before they find themselves on holidays in a week.
I think this is pretty damn unrealistic. God that's huge odds of all those things happening

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
if it happens ill shout every1 a drink, mark my wordss

KaTe Maari

player agent
Reaction score
Dont worry
I think the Dogs will do good coz Mason is back and i heard that maybe Cowboys coach will rest Thurston and Bowen... I dont now if true but if it happens thats a good sign 4 us...

GO THE DOGGIES......

its likely we play against cowboys up there in continuous 2 weeks, itll be the dumbest decision if they rest thurston and bowen next friday night. they are gone then. doubt that will happen.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just win DOGS & make this all go away!

My choice would be finish 7th Manly & Brookie on the Saturday Night!

We have done the job on them there this year already & they play a style which i think suits the dogs style! Plus they have not been great of late resting players can come back to bite you!

B

bruce

We aren't safe yet

If Broncos win next week vs Eels, and Tigers hump the Knights and the Rabbitohs win against nothing-to-play-for Roosters, and we lose to the Cowboys (all seem likely against us) we'll be knocked out. Tigers must win by like 40 or so to win. It all comes back to haunt us.

At 14-8 - the game was over. Why did we turn our defense off? We still had our season to play for. We would like +75 or so an virtually secured a finals position if we didn't switch off against melbourne. I'm a little worried now!

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Broncos win next week vs Eels, and Tigers hump the Knights and the Rabbitohs win against nothing-to-play-for Roosters, and we lose to the Cowboys (all seem likely against us) we'll be knocked out. Tigers must win by like 40 or so to win. It all comes back to haunt us.

At 14-8 - the game was over. Why did we turn our defense off? We still had our season to play for. We would like +75 or so an virtually secured a finals position if we didn't switch off against melbourne. I'm a little worried now!
u need to relax........we need to lose by like 70 points and the tiges need to win by 70 for that equasion to come into play....besides the eels will wip the broncos,we're safe.

JayJay70

Farewell Haz!
Reaction score
i think the point is... we're not 100% safe. A team beating another by 40 pts is fairly common in this comp. But let's hope the doggies have attitude to play football.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueOwl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
u need to relax........we need to lose by like 70 points and the tiges need to win by 70 for that equasion to come into play....besides the eels will wip the broncos,we're safe.
err .. no. 70 pts is about the difference between the dogz & tigz, not 140. We need to lose by about 35 & the tigz need to win by about 35 to negate that diff.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's not that un-realistic tbh

roosters and knights have nothing to play for, broncs playing for finals future...

Faz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow, i didnt think we could finish out of the 8!

We always struggle against bowen and thurston

AVIII

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think the main point here should be IF we lose by 35+ to the Cowboys...we don't deserve to be in the Finals regardless of the other results.

But I still think the boys will pull out a win.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
roosters and knights have nothing to play for, broncs playing for finals future...
Roosters have their GF this week against Souths.

Status
Not open for further replies.