We need Hoko back

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At lest he new how to attack and defend most importantly kick goals thoughts???

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh hell no! The guy can't even get a start at Newcastle!

Just because we've been horrible since doesn't mean we have to get other horrible former players so we can be fractionally less horrible but still horrible.

We might as well get back Mitch Brown, perrett and jono Wright while we're at it!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think we would be doing any better with him the only advantage of him staying would have been not paying stupid money for Mbye.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think we would be doing any better with him the only advantage of him staying would have been not paying stupid money for Mbye.
Mbye/Hodko would of been our best halves combo though...well if Hodkos leg didn't fall apart.

T

The_fat_88

His knees are shot & pretty sure the knights threw huge coin at him, around $600,000 a year and he can't even crack the first grade side

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has creativity and can actually kick in tight situations.
Our forward pack has been wasted on mbye

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Our backline is already snail paced, we need some fast players

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye/Hodko would of been our best halves combo though...well if Hodkos leg didn't fall apart.
Weren't both Mbye and Hodko off contract at the same time though? So it was really only a choice between the two who was staying.

I'm pretty sure if Reynolds was coming off contract back then he would have been the one let go.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Weren't both Mbye and Hodko off contract at the same time though? So it was really only a choice between the two who was staying.

I'm pretty sure if Reynolds was coming off contract back then he would have been the one let go.
Yup. I also think Hodko would of been kept otherwise..though his leg was dead so it might of been the right call. Watch him play for the Knights this week, he can barely run the poor ****.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was dead average even when he was at his peak before his injuries. He could tackle and kick goals and organise a bit and that's it.

Kris Keating was more effective for us for crying out loud. Are things so bad now we're pining for Hodkinson and forgetting how bad we were with him?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup. I also think Hodko would of been kept otherwise..though his leg was dead so it might of been the right call. Watch him play for the Knights this week, he can barely run the poor ****.
I saw him play NSW Cup last week he can't have long left. He will be needed a knee replacement before he's 40 he would be better off pulling the pin.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

And again Des made the wrong choice, he needs to adopt the costanza opposite methodology

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting hoko back is not the answer probs wouldnt even b an improvement

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I saw him play NSW Cup last week he can't have long left. He will be needed a knee replacement before he's 40 he would be better off pulling the pin.
Who's slower? Hodko, Chase or Holland? Haha

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hodkinson was ordinary, underinvolved and injury prone. Trying to re-sign him is pretty much the last thing we should go. We should try to find an organiser who can actually play instead.

All these people pining for Hodko forget he was shitjouse 90 percent of the time he played for us.

No. Just no. He's broken and he's not very good.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And again Des made the wrong choice, he needs to adopt the costanza opposite methodology
Mbye offers way more potential value to the team than Hodko. Mbye is potentially a really good hooker being played out of position. Hodkinson is a very ordinary halfback. We really should have re-signed Ennis, groomed Mbye to play off the bench for a few years and allowed Hodko to walk so we could find a half who wasn't so bloody average and was keener to handle more than 3 times a game.

Do people forget how ordinary and under involved Hodko was? Our best year under Des was the year he was injured. Maybe we should re-sign Keating and a lethal ball running fullback.

Huge no to Hodko from me. I don't get why people haven't moved on. He was crap, he left....big deal.

Last edited:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Besides being a sharp shooter with his goal kicking and field goals he was a very average halfback, he's another one of our first grade players who cant get a start in another NRL team.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
We miss his game management but no

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You want a guy who was dropped for Jalaen Feeney???

Status
Not open for further replies.