We need a fullback!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Interesting to see Kevin Locke has today been released to go straight to super league.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know the issue with locke and us or locke and the warriors
such a talented player and wasted in the eng super league. The current nzld fb in eng at 25 yrs old? Could it just be that he wanted too much dosh???

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
such a talented player and wasted in the eng super league. The current nzld fb in eng at 25 yrs old? Could it just be that he wanted too much dosh???
A midget fullback who is injury prone.

I would much rather the club develop the talent than waste big dollars on a aigning that won't live up to expectations i.e Trex etc. i can live with Perrett for a season and a half. He's a terrible support player, clueless cleaning up grubbers and slips on his arse when running in attack but under the high ball he is almost flawless, his kick returns are excellent and quick play the balls are the best in the league.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling des will be playing curtis rona at fullback

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Locke is a bad boy off the field. Has been for a long time. Thus why the Warriors weren't unhappy to let him go. Plus I think the Fish is nearly over his injury so depth for the backs is there.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont think there is an "issue" with the dogs and Locke, i just dont think we wanted him thats all. I dont recall any credible source saying we even approached him

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think there is an "issue" with the dogs and Locke, i just dont think we wanted him thats all. I dont recall any credible source saying we even approached him

Well that's weird because on his day he is one of the best fullbacks in the competition. Better option then perrett.

Malla

Reaction score
100% correct. At one point every player on the market was being linked to us. The only player from memory we every approached was Hoffman. Locke is a very inconsistent player and very misbehaving off the field. I think the move to England will be good for his footy career and his life.

This is a great thread and it is true, we won't win a premiership with Perrett at fullback. I believe that Hoffman will be at the Dogs next year. With the salary cap pressures on the Bronc's at the moment and Milford confirming that he will honour his contract, it leaves no room for Hoffman.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
100% correct. At one point every player on the market was being linked to us. The only player from memory we every approached was Hoffman. Locke is a very inconsistent player and very misbehaving off the field. I think the move to England will be good for his footy career and his life.

This is a great thread and it is true, we won't win a premiership with Perrett at fullback. I believe that Hoffman will be at the Dogs next year. With the salary cap pressures on the Bronc's at the moment and Milford confirming that he will honour his contract, it leaves no room for Hoffman.
So you are saying we cant win the premiership this year? Not very positive hey. A fullback doesnt win premierships. Perrett is a lot like Minicello, who is the current premier's fullback. Barba was our fullback for a few years. I dont see any premierships in that time. Souths have the best fullback in the game with Inglis, for a few years now. No premierships for souths since the 70s. Hayne is a great fullback. Havent even seen the Eels in the finals at all for some time.

Needing a marquee fullback to win a premiership is a myth.

We are every chance of winning it this year, if we dont have bad injury luck later in the year

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So you are saying we cant win the premiership this year? Not very positive hey. A fullback doesnt win premierships. Perrett is a lot like Minicello, who is the current premier's fullback. Barba was our fullback for a few years. I dont see any premierships in that time. Souths have the best fullback in the game with Inglis, for a few years now. No premierships for souths since the 70s. Hayne is a great fullback. Havent even seen the Eels in the finals at all for some time.

We are every chance of winning it this year, if we dont have bad injury luck later in the year
I agree perret and mini are the same BUT we don't have rts, sbw, ect ect

Malla

Reaction score

We will not win the premiership this year. Last week, Manly showed how not having a seasoned full back can affect us. It's not about a marquee full back. That first try last week by Manly came from a freakish play by Cherry Evans however Perrett completely mis-timed his cover. The set after that, Manly managed to kick the ball from half way and manage to force a drop out. How did Perrett not position himself to at least make it out of the in goal? It wasn't a kick early in the set either - it came on the last. This drop out led to a try. And the rest is history.

Things like this are what fullbacks are there to do. In attack, we are fine. Perrett is pretty good, particularily with that sweeping play. It's defensively where we are lacking.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We will not win the premiership this year. Last week, Manly showed how not having a seasoned full back can affect us. It's not about a marquee full back. That first try last week by Manly came from a freakish play by Cherry Evans however Perrett completely mis-timed his cover. The set after that, Manly managed to kick the ball from half way and manage to force a drop out. How did Perrett not position himself to at least make it out of the in goal? It wasn't a kick early in the set either - it came on the last. This drop out led to a try. And the rest is history.

Things like this are what fullbacks are there to do. In attack, we are fine. Perrett is pretty good, particularily with that sweeping play. It's defensively where we are lacking.
Are you serious? Perret is shit in attack.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I was asking if anyone knew if he had played there before.
doubt it. backrow/centre/wing. Des will want someone that can ball play at the back.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

Roosters bought the title that year wake up, sonny bill, Jennings and O'Donnell were all late pick ups. they had gun players all over the shop.
other then morris or lafai our backs would be lucky to get a go at any other club.

Last edited by a moderator:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wish people would stop comparing that retard minichiello to sammy perret. If sam perret had sbw, rts, tupou, jake friend, sam moa and cordner at the dogs then he would also be a grand final winner playing at fb.
u cant compare apples and oranges. minichiello is shit and he won a comp at the roosters at fb because of the players mentioned above. The guy did jack shit, only thing he did last year was knock up his snobby bra-less wearing wife.

Malla

Reaction score
Are you serious? Perret is shit in attack.
In broken field play he is shit. But those structured plays where he comes around the decoys and links in with our centres and wingers, he does a great job. In OUR attack, he's a good fit given how structured and side to side we are.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I wish people would stop comparing that retard minichiello to sammy perret. If sam perret had sbw, rts, tupou, jake friend, sam moa and cordner at the dogs then he would also be a grand final winner playing at fb.
u cant compare apples and oranges. minichiello is shit and he won a comp at the roosters at fb because of the players mentioned above. The guy did jack shit, only thing he did last year was knock up his snobby bra-less wearing wife.
exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.