We have the worst back three in the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you mean Tedesco, Nofouluma, Simona
I think you will notice that all of those guys are currently unable to play and are almost always injured. I find this makes them even worse because personally i like it when my back 3 are on the field rather than the bench.

B

BoonReturns

This is an extremely good point. Once in a while he might get lucky and a gap might open up for him, but majority of the time he cramps our outside backs and kills any overlap that was there..
If he didn't run sideways today we wouldn't have scored a point. He set up Jackson twice and Lafai.

B

BoonReturns

I think you will notice that all of those guys are currently unable to play and are almost always injured. I find this makes them even worse because personally i like it when my back 3 are on the field rather than the bench.
Teddy is injured often I agree. But he is a much better gamble than what we have. The club offered him huge money so the people in 'the know' probably agree. As for the other two they have barely been given a chance to string a few games together, I would hardly say injury prone.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
whats the point of having great outside backs if we cant create overlaps for them? or get crisp cut-out passes to them?

if we do sign someone like stewart, it will be 2012 barba all over again, in that we'll highly rely on 1 player to get us out of trouble.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I feel so so so sorry for the next fullback we sign. They will have so much pressure on them because apparently the entire game of rugby league revolves around the fullback.

What about our halves playing shithouse? Reynolds running across field and taking all the space from his outside backs?

We are a rabble
How dare you bag Reynolds! He is the heart of our side, without him we are nothing ffs!

B

BoonReturns

whats the point of having great outside backs if we cant create overlaps for them? or get crisp cut-out passes to them?

if we do sign someone like stewart, it will be 2012 barba all over again, in that we'll highly rely on 1 player to get us out of trouble.
Signing him will take us a long way to the premiership

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson has been one of the best week after week. Brown is gone next season and Perrett has been good. He obviously isn't a long term fullback and lacks the attacking spark but he has been good.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Stewart Rona Thompson
Would be nice

Bluewhite93

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i want to know why no attempt to sign waqa or korrobetti how ever the fark u spell it.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stewart Rona Thompson
Would be nice
Perrett will have a spot in the team next year. Not sure if at FB or on the wing but i think we can all be pretty sure he will start the season somewhere in the side

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel so so so sorry for the next fullback we sign. They will have so much pressure on them because apparently the entire game of rugby league revolves around the fullback.

What about our halves playing shithouse? Reynolds running across field and taking all the space from his outside backs?

We are a rabble
Have to agree about our halfs, luckily our forwards can play the halfs role and if we got some quality backs we could be a force

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our next fullback is going to have it immensely tough unless they're Hayne, Inglis, Folau or Slater.

Part of the issue is when Barba was on form in 2012, he was literally our attack, our forwards are doing the same thing at the moment but we don't have a single outside back that can take advantage (Morris isn't 100% and Lafai is a creator not a support player). Issue is even if we had Barba at the moment it would mean sweet f*ck all because he's been pathetic since 2013.

Our biggest issue is Reynolds being a sideways runner and having very little vision or creativity, all he seems to do is run sideways the moment he gets the ball. Hodkinson is a stable, no nonsense and defensive halfback that requires a 5/8 with a certain degree of creativity and flair. Our entire playmaking comes from our forward pack and one of best support players at the moment is Greg Eastwood.

Nothing against Perrett but he isn't a long term fullback solution, he's done admirably this season but if he's there again next season, we won't be doing much better than this year.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our big problem is our 1,6,7,9. That will never win you a premiership and adding lichaa next season ain't going to change that either.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Our big problem is our 1,6,7,9. That will never win you a premiership and adding lichaa next season ain't going to change that either.
At least Lichaa is a step forward. We are still stuck with our "Origin halves" and a winger playing fullback. Add to that a BUSH game plan and you get our non-existent "attack"

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least Lichaa is a step forward. We are still stuck with our "Origin halves" and a winger playing fullback. Add to that a BUSH game plan and you get our non-existent "attack"
Don't worry next year they will be former origin halves. Then with any luck the next year at least one of them will be a former bulldogs halve

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't worry next year they will be former origin halves. Then with any luck the next year at least one of them will be a former bulldogs halve
Like I said before, if the Pearce of shit could handle his coke and not play grab arse with fame hungry whores, they wouldn't be anywhere near Origin.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said before, if the Pearce of shit could handle his coke and not play grab arse with money hungry whores, they wouldn't be anywhere near Origin.
Yeah but missing origin has made Pearce better so surely that means after they miss it next year they will suddenly be better?

Oh wait we said that this year.

Seriously though Pearce has slowly turned into a really good NRL player. His performance against Souths last game was sublime. If Hodkinson or Reynolds could play like that we wouldn't lose too many games.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Corey Thompson has been the impresive suprise packet and exception, he has been by far our best back, puts his body on the line and puts the more experienced and better paid players to shame

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perrett is a winger, he doesn't want to play at fullback he is just doing as Des tells him, he's said it himself.

Brown should be playing NSW cup but then who do you bring up from NSW cup to take his place?

Personally I'm not expecting much from the players we bought - Rona hasn't had much time in FG plus he was let go by both Roosters and Cowboys then we bought a Qld cup winger and an injury prone player in Loko.

We had the opportunity to sign players like Moga, Koriebete and other who have come available but pass them up to take our chances on prospects who may never make it.
LOL You call Loko injury prone but want us to sign Moga???

Korobeite is suspect in defence which is why he found himself in NSW Cup and then released. He is also no bigger than Thompson so he won't have the height to compete against the taller wingers out there in aerial duels.

Rona has looked great in the games he has played almost a try a game (I think) and if he had stayed with the Cowboys I believe he still would have played. Moga hasn't been that impressive and was outshone by Matt Wright in the games I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.