We have lost 8 games this season by 6 or less points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
And only won 1 game by 6 or less.

If that were the opposite we’d be in the top 8.

We aren’t that far away.
We're not far away from a big improvement, but we're a long way off the top eight. Got a big game Thursday.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just 1 quality halfback or 5/8 to close out games yea could of been top 4 unlucky Foran was a damaged dud

Reaction score
True, a better coach would have won us some more of those games. Such a waste.
I disagree mate. Give Deano a break, he's not the one who invested all of this money into shit players like Foran. Deano has actually given Martin and Lewis their debut, dropped Lichaa, debuted To'omaga etc. He's having a crack, and he's learning. He takes pride in the jersey that we all support, and he's only going to improve as a coach. We'll be better in the long haul having Deano there over someone like Des. Give it time. There are teams like Manly and Parra who have more talented rosters yet have been blown out by 50 this season, whereas our effort has been there every week (except against Titans). It's R20, nowhere near the 8 yet we're still competing every week. Deanos not the problem

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most if not all those close losses were due to inexperience in the halves, inability in the halves and lack of confidence in the halves.. it's the halves that get a team home in tight games..

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sure....but we Score 2 tries a game, so 6+ more points is a mountain for us!

I think what this says is that the team has competed well, but we offer little.

We do not deserve the wooden spoon, but sadly we’re in that battle right to our eyeballs.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most if not all those close losses were due to inexperience in the halves, inability in the halves and lack of confidence in the halves.. it's the halves that get a team home in tight games..
Similar story with the Roosters in 2016, they lost 8 games by 4 points or less while they had Hastings in the halfs.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well we have had a broken half, and now have 2 that have half a dozen games in FG each. We do ok considering. I think long term we would be good in the halves with an experienced half and Lewis. And its likely we are waiting to see if Foran can be that half. I have no idea if he can come back or not.

It could be enough for us to be top 8 at least if the halves got sorted i agree.

I think recruitment-wise though, if we are going to sign any name players now, it would be in the backs with Mozzes going.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We got robbed in 5-6 games... we could have been a fringe top 8 team with the abysmal season we have had. That's a good fukn effort.
Have to agree mate, said this a few times also. Wrong calls wrong time cost us!

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its kinda what makes the roster easy to cheer for despite the results, they get themselves in the game through effort and attitude, unfortunately the lack of class usually costs us but the players themselves are for the most part putting in every week (titans result still stands out as a really odd and terrible effort)

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How many of those games did they lose because they didn’t have a decent goal kicker? If Martin was playing would it have made a difference?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He took too long to put Lewis in the team. His error in judgement was always going for Frawley and jmk. Jmk is a make shift utility, whose best position is centre for mine. Frawley is just a turnstile and has off the wall plays.

I am 100% sure with Lewis and Foran, we would have won more because Frawley wouldn’t have been there to let in tries, and he would have been able to steer the team around which jmk couldn’t.

We are a top 8 team, just that our coach has a questionable eye for talent and weird bench rotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.