We have a big problem looming for next year

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I’ll be first to say this publically but we have a serious issue for next year in regards to the top 30.

We have signed a few sick players and a few randoms like Semrani, and we don’t have that many spots.

The problem is, players like Waddell, Averillo. Okenbor and Burns are playing out of their minds.

I don’t think this was suspected and now we going to have an issue keeping them all in.

Without thinking deep, I know alot of you will be saying ‘yeah but we still have 9 spots left’ but you need to account for the fact we have short forth for props, halves and hookers.
So we going to need to re-sign Thommo if he comes back sicc and buy 2 hookers and 2 halves. This is going to take up the majority of spots, and players like Morrin and that are going to find it very hard.

I’m just praying that zero tackle is wrong and we have more spots than we think.
I have a feeling someone like perham will go somewhere else for a starting gig.

I’m telling you we are going to have congestion issues.
-Nasheed (He/Him)

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re-sign Averillo, fuck the rest off. Not that hard. The others only played well during contract years. One good game doesn’t make up for the other shit ones.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I’ll be first to say this publically but we have a serious issue for next year in regards to the top 30.

We have signed a few sick players and a few randoms like Semrani, and we don’t have that many spots.

The problem is, players like Waddell, Averillo. Okenbor and Burns are playing out of their minds.

I don’t think this was suspected and now we going to have an issue keeping them all in.

Without thinking deep, I know alot of you will be saying ‘yeah but we still have 9 spots left’ but you need to account for the fact we have short forth for props, halves and hookers.
So we going to need to re-sign Thommo if he comes back sicc and buy 2 hookers and 2 halves. This is going to take up the majority of spots, and players like Morrin and that are going to find it very hard.

I’m just praying that zero tackle is wrong and we have more spots than we think.

-Nasheed (He/Him)
FB_IMG_1682206180922.jpg

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really... they're already clearing the decks and there are still plenty in that top 30 that will not be there e.g Hoffman/Thompson

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really... they're already clearing the decks and there are still plenty in that top 30 that will not be there e.g Hoffman/Thompson
Hoffman apparently has a 2 years deal and Thommo should be re signed

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All can go except Avo. Waddell/ Burns maybe on cheap for depth

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo stays as depth (covers positions). The rest the door is there. Wouldn’t care if we lost every other of those and you didn’t just bake Knockonbour as one of them!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

-Nasheed (He/Him)
Have you got a concussion from getting bashed by the Ladies Rotary Club down at the mean streets at Breakfast Point?

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a great problem to have, just goes to show the club is going in the right direction !, Waddell has been really good, top bloke as well apparently, thommo should only be resigned if he proves his worth when he’s back and if not cut him loose !

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How much would everyone value Averillo right now? Take into consideration a 100k or so more from a lower table side. Tigers probably going to come in with a sweet 800k offer.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a great problem to have, just goes to show the club is going in the right direction !, Waddell has been really good, top bloke as well apparently, thommo should only be resigned if he proves his worth when he’s back and if not cut him loose !
Do you know when hes back

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's talk the NRL might make the top 30 a bit bigger after all the injuries.

I now think Burns should be re-signed if he'll accept close to minimum wage. Okunbor no unless we're desperate for a prop. He should never be considered as a winger again. Thompson we need to move on. Super League clubs will offer him a decent pay. He's not worth anywhere near the same to us. He's a failed experiment and showed nothing. We should be able to replace him with a big body prop that's twice as effective on less than half what we'd need to pay Thomo. Perham becomes our back up fullback and winger. He wouldn't be starting anywhere else. Contracted until the end of 2024. Skelton is a decent wing back up also although and he could be considered for an edge forward also. Burns will be a back up and Xerri will likely need a lot of NSW Cup games before being considered for NRL. I think we have good enough cover in the halves with BBO, Nu Brown, and Rajab even with Flanagan gone.

1 Crichton
2 JAC
3 Alamoti
4 Averillo
5 Kiraz
6 Oloapu
7 Burton

OTHERS:
Burns
Perham
Skelton
Xerri
BBO
Brown
Rajab
14 spots leaving 16 for forwards. Skelton and Alamoti could both cover backrow if needed and Brown and BBO can both cover hooker also.