We desperately need another half!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He come on for 15min.... Needs to be given time to settle in.. especially in those confistion.. Cant come on and just close the game out
It was a bad decision by Georgalis to play him at all yesterday. If it was a dry track and we were behind on the scoreboard then sure, play him. But given the conditions and the fact we were leading, it was a poor coaching decision.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
people talk of signing brandon smith and harry grant, they are missing the major hurdle in doing that, thats cameron smith
cameron smith has to play on another season in order for anything to happen
melbourne have already pressured cam smith to call it quits at the end of the season, however he is hanging off making a decision, if he plays on it will cost the storm harry grant, he will go to tigers
brandon smith will stay in melbourne no matter what
if cam smith retires both players will stay at melbourne using cam smiths money to top up their deals, so realistically the chances of 1 or both players leaving are very slim

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep pretty much around the same time in both games he couldnt get a clearing kick away and put us under pressure with a cheap deflection / falcon
He really needs expert instruction to fix his kicking technique. Takes an age and is so uncoordinated and off balance at the point of contact. That line drop out....what the.

Wakeham looks to have talent but yet again didnt show it. At least Foran stood up to earn his million late in the game.

Wakeham and Foz dont seem to have a good partnership bcos Foz wants someone else doing the kicking and Wakeham seems overawed.

Those saying Avo in halves, I am assuming you'd like to see Avo 5/8 and Foran 7?
Does Avo have a long kick?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When is he back?

Put him back at fullback, see how smith goes on wing if no good meany on wing.
I think he's due in a couple weeks but I would put him straight into centre to replace Holland and leave meaney at fullback

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
people talk of signing brandon smith and harry grant, they are missing the major hurdle in doing that, thats cameron smith
cameron smith has to play on another season in order for anything to happen
melbourne have already pressured cam smith to call it quits at the end of the season, however he is hanging off making a decision, if he plays on it will cost the storm harry grant, he will go to tigers
brandon smith will stay in melbourne no matter what
if cam smith retires both players will stay at melbourne using cam smiths money to top up their deals, so realistically the chances of 1 or both players leaving are very slim
Both Grant and BSmith can't play hooker and they both want to play hooker and they both want contracts the represent what a hooker is worth. Sure Grant can play elsewhere in the forwards but he won't demand the same contract value as he would playing hooker. Cook at $900k a season for 5 years has set the benchmark for the contract that a quality hooker can demand. BSmith is already the NZ hooker and mostly likely will be for some time. Also it's Bellamy's last year next year (as he keeps saying) so the attraction of playing for him is ending. To me whether CSmith hangs on for another year is irrelevant, the fact is both Grant and BSmith can't be the hooker at Melbourne going forward.

Go Dogs

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakeham needs time cogger needed to be on the bench yesterday I think he would be better in the halves with foz although Lewis is better defensively

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keary
SJ
Flanno

I mean there’s a few, there’s options for Baz if he willing to hunt an table some good offers.!!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dummy half is even worse than our halves. JMK was poor on the weekend and isn't improving at all. No vision or organisation, no help to the halves at all. Katoa played a nice cameo in the backrow but is only on the bench for DH cover, and isn't our dummy half answer.