Opinion We aren't losing by enough.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Stick with me here ...

Blowouts put pressure on coaches and force boards to terminate coaches.

Put simply we are not losing by enough to force change. We need a few 40-50 point hidings in succession in order to really ram it home. The early big losses could be excused or attributed to "new team", "rebuild", etc etc .. but in current rounds not a chance.

We need some mid to lower end sides to give us a hiding.

As it stands we are dead last now and Titans well ahead of us on For and Against.

Spoon is a foregone conclusion.

Round 1 LOST BY 34
Round 2 LOST BY 20
Round 3 WON BY 14
Round 4 LOST BY 36
Round 5 LOST BY 2
Round 6 LOST BY 8
Round 7 WON BY 12
Round 8 LOST BY 8
Round 9 LOST BY 12
Round 10 WON BY 6
Round 11 LOST BY 22
Round 12 LOST BY 2
Round 13 LOST BY 24
Round 14 LOST BY 26

Unfortunately I can't see a run of mid 20 point losses forcing change at all.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Cause when teams play us they aren’t motivated to go all out. They just have to play at a average level to beat us by 20.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Changed me.

I don't watch any more. There was a time when I'd sit through any game, no matter how poor we played. Over that now.

Been following them since I could be carried to a game by my father, in 1949. Love the Berries/Bulldogs; but can't get enthused enough to sit through any more of this shit, so just don't bother to watch.

Currently listening to a lecture by Prof.Brian Cox, and couldn't care less about the impostors that have stolen my team.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won’t get beaten by big margins because teams are resting their best players against us
They all know how crap we are and can still win with a second tier team
It’s fucken embarrassing

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They know it’s an easy win without having to try to hard, coming up against us is a game off, they don’t try an still pump us loll. What a circus act we are..!! Full of clowns that is .

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh the board, especially those who have so called Bulldogs DNA shouldn't be accepting the position we are in. They need to accept a better coach is in the interest of the club regardless of whether we lose by 1 or 51. If Pay goes into the off season as coach they have lost me and many others.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tbh the board, especially those who have so called Bulldogs DNA shouldn't be accepting the position we are in. They need to accept a better coach is in the interest of the club regardless of whether we lose by 1 or 51. If Pay goes into the off season as coach they have lost me and many others.
Tend to agree.. huge potential for them to be called out as hypocrites after bagging DibShit and CastleCrashers over the Des saga.

They need to just come out, sack Pay, admit the fuckup and cop it on the chin, and salvage what we have left of the season with a new coach trying to get the best out of this team.

The longer they drag the chain, the deeper a hole they dig coming into next years elections.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Changed me.

I don't watch any more. There was a time when I'd sit through any game, no matter how poor we played. Over that now.

Been following them since I could be carried to a game by my father, in 1949. Love the Berries/Bulldogs; but can't get enthused enough to sit through any more of this shit, so just don't bother to watch.

Currently listening to a lecture by Prof.Brian Cox, and couldn't care less about the impostors that have stolen my team.
It’s this kind of messages we should be sending to the board (or media to amplify it)

That’s actually pretty sad to hear

I’ve been following the dogs since 1991 which no where as long as you and I’m seriously considering not watching another game until/unless Pay is removed or his contract expires

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They need to just come out, sack Pay, admit the fuckup and cop it on the chin, and salvage what we have left of the season with a new coach trying to get the best out of this team.
Especially considering they didn't appoint Pay should be an easy thing for them to do. They are partly to blame for extending the contract though.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
The more we lose the easier it is to sack pay. We need a good flogging every week.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just sack the fucking board they’re not doing what needs to be done and sack the coach the board and coach are doing the same thing as the previous ones and nothings changing
WE NEED FUCKING CHANGE NOW!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just sack the fucking board they’re not doing what needs to be done and sack the coach the board and coach are doing the same thing as the previous ones and nothings changing
WE NEED FUCKING CHANGE NOW!!
Surely they are not far off a vote of no confidence by the members. Problem is... who would replace the current board.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Surely they are not far off a vote of no confidence by the members. Problem is... who would replace the current board.
Dunno.... still annoys me Price is there in the shadows, probs wearing his Warriors shirt right now.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you know the old saying if the product is no good don’t buy the board will get the message vote with your wallet

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I got a theory that Anothoy Griffin Comes now Until Flanagan is allowed back then make him head coach and griffin his assistant

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A new coach by itself will make no difference. The boys are trying hard, they just dont have the ability. After all the players we lost it's a reserve grade side. For me the results are not unexpected this year. But I'd expect us to do something about it for next year.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The decision by the board to re-sign Pay earlier this year was a statement by them that results this year don't matter to them. If we lost by 60 every week he'd still be there. Next year is a different proposition though.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot believe the naff Nuffield who accept the squad is no good and cannot win. We have some great talent together with present and past origin players and plenty with first grade experience. What I cannot stomach is the persistent lack of grey matter in the players they are recruiting. Napa was a good recruitment and then we need desperately a couple of centres. But no we keep buying second rowers and fullbacks. For heavens sake! “It’s where we’re at” Pay just does not have it for a coach. Where he should be at is out the door.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick with me here ...

Blowouts put pressure on coaches and force boards to terminate coaches.

Put simply we are not losing by enough to force change. We need a few 40-50 point hidings in succession in order to really ram it home. The early big losses could be excused or attributed to "new team", "rebuild", etc etc .. but in current rounds not a chance.

We need some mid to lower end sides to give us a hiding.

As it stands we are dead last now and Titans well ahead of us on For and Against.

Spoon is a foregone conclusion.

Round 1 LOST BY 34
Round 2 LOST BY 20
Round 3 WON BY 14
Round 4 LOST BY 36
Round 5 LOST BY 2
Round 6 LOST BY 8
Round 7 WON BY 12
Round 8 LOST BY 8
Round 9 LOST BY 12
Round 10 WON BY 6
Round 11 LOST BY 22
Round 12 LOST BY 2
Round 13 LOST BY 24
Round 14 LOST BY 26

Unfortunately I can't see a run of mid 20 point losses forcing change at all.
Agreed 100% I don’t want it to happen but it’s the only way the attention and pressure goes on the coach I’ve said it before we need a few 50 + losses for it to make them realise

For memory the pressure was on Chris Anderson when he was at the roosters and a 52-0 flogging by manly was his bullet