We are competitive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
so we lost the game but at least we compete against a top team, the job description now is to get the win against gold coast and book the finals appearance and then see how we go, if we play south sydney again hopefully finucane and hodkinson dont ruin it, and hopefully a referee is picked who knows how to spot an isaac luke forward pass

i think if we get a finals win in week 1 and then put in a worthy performance in week 2 then it is a par season

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meh I've written the season off over our style of play

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our kicking game isnt good enough imo. Reynolds and Hodko always put up easy kicks we very rarely cause any trouble in the opposition half.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Our kicking game isnt good enough imo. Reynolds and Hodko always put up easy kicks we very rarely cause any trouble in the opposition half.
yeah we dont force enough competes, the chase is also to blame sometimes they are too deep

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
so we lost the game but at least we compete against a top team, the job description now is to get the win against gold coast and book the finals appearance and then see how we go, if we play south sydney again hopefully finucane and hodkinson dont ruin it, and hopefully a referee is picked who knows how to spot an isaac luke forward pass

i think if we get a finals win in week 1 and then put in a worthy performance in week 2 then it is a par season
We are doomed then, Hokko and Finucane will ruin it and no ref sees forward passes against us.

Hate to do it but I'm done for this season. We are just making up the numbers.

Nrgizer

Waterboy
Reaction score
we have no points in us, we have no repeat sets to build on pressure, all we have is grind and hope that our defence holds off for 80 minutes. It's looking pretty grim for the finals.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is the best I'm hoping for at this stage. We have serious problems in our attack, you can't expect to grind teams out every week if you can't score a big enough lead, 14 points was never going to be enough against Souths or any of the top 8 most weeks.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SOO true, whereas every other team seems to put up kicks that put pressure on our back 3 every time they are anywhere near our half. Shame cause the boys tackled their arses off, for a stupid kick from Hodko to fcuk us sideways.....thought that is what origin was meant to teach him!

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh, our game plan is great when we stick to it. It may not be exciting to watch but we controlled the game superbly for 65 mins. If we can play like that in the semis, we'll give it a shake. We've just gotta get teams into the arm wrestle. No one does is better.

Hok really let us down tonight. He was poor from the word go. But that kick out on the full was unforgivable. **** that was school boy shit.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree. I thought we were the better team tonight. We got penalised out of the game in key moments. Even though we lost the boys will take some confidence from that performance.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah we dont force enough competes, the chase is also to blame sometimes they are too deep
Yeah, never seems to be a 50 / 50 chance like when other teams put up the bomb. Or the kick is too deep and results in a 20m restart with a set of 7. And we never seem to get repeat sets either.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, never seems to be a 50 / 50 chance like when other teams put up the bomb. Or the kick is too deep and results in a 20m restart with a set of 7. And we never seem to get repeat sets either.
Grubber would help for repeat set, you know maybe 1 every 10 games!!! I'm sick to death of our 5 the tackle being a bomb to midgets

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive been saying how bad hokko has been for weeks and copping shit from some ,he is garbage i hate to say it but he offers nothing,id rather ben hunt any day

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are competitive, yes that might make us win 7 in a row, might make us get into top 8, but we aint winning the comp with what we have shown in last month or so.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can play a grinding game which is very semi final type football. We just dont have the attack clicking at the moment to put points on. Kasiano is a loss even though he has some mistakes in him but the fact he bends the line and offers an offload can really push some second phase play. Perrett needs to start trailing behind the ruck to make a break. Eastwood I think needs to be the man to offer an offload for someone. Think Hodko needs to hit Morris at depth to give space to move. I will never write them off as I never have for 30 years of support. Just feel we need alot of things to go our way. Ref decisions have not helped either. Tonight was an example of the referees changing momentum with very poor decisions

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ive been saying how bad hokko has been for weeks and copping shit from some ,he is garbage i hate to say it but he offers nothing,id rather ben hunt any day
I still can't believe he got picked for SOO, let alone win it.

I'd trade our whole back line apart from Lafai for Hunt.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grubber would help for repeat set, you know maybe 1 every 10 games!!! I'm sick to death of our 5 the tackle being a bomb to midgets
Yep, a grubber in behind the line to at least get the opposition in 2 minds. But when we do try to grubber in that 1 game from 10, 9 times out of 10 it bounces of the other teams legs and into their arms.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was happy that we where competitive but we just lack the firepower to score points.

Status
Not open for further replies.