Opinion We ain’t as bad as people and fans think

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said it last week, we will put in a good showing at Melbourne (36-18 and got the Storm worried) and beat The Cows next week to register first win.

Though we will not hit our straps until round 10-12.

IF we beat cows we will avoid the spoon.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The team and in particular the pack is fucking awful!!!
It would be close to the weakest team in 1st grade in 50 years.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I said it last week, we will put in a good showing at Melbourne (36-18 and got the Storm worried) and beat The Cows next week to register first win.

Though we will not hit our straps until round 10-12.

IF we beat cows we will avoid the spoon.
So you think last night was a good performance?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely we're going to get better as the season goes on (when the season is out or reach), but the massive difference we're looking for is going to come from our 2022 recruitment - JAC, Burton + we need much more. We needed to be more competitive against the Knights in the second half and the Broncos game was a disgrace. Games/results like this will put us in contention for the wooden spoon, no need to sugar coat it.
However there is no way we can "recruit" our way to top 4 or maybe even top 8 it has to come from within.

We will have to compete with other clubs for quality players and certainly have to pay more than top clubs that can offer premierships, finals and rep selection.

Also the club can't generate big TPAs either.

Every season I'm sick of hearing "next season".

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
We have definitely gone backwards since last year, defensively guys aren't turning up for each other for 80 minutes.

Barrett didn't have to push Penrith out of a slump like this. And he couldn't do it with Manly, I seriously question if he has the kahoonas to tell players have much they have been f***ing up, his approach of being every players mate has created a soft culture.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't expect to win but I expect some sort of defensive structure. I think it's the worst I've ever seen a Dogs team defending.
Defence will come on the back of defending a score... Defence is an attitude thing as we know and it is extremely difficult to constantly show up when u have nothing to defend apart from your pride which is already shot to bits.

In all honesty not scoring a point in 3 consecutive games was more of a worry than any defensive lapse so im pleased our attacking confidence is somewhat back and last night seemed like we are turning a corner, i mild one.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We have definitely gone backwards since last year, defensively guys aren't turning up for each other for 80 minutes.

Barrett didn't have to push Penrith out of a slump like this. And he couldn't do it with Manly, I seriously question if he has the kahoonas to tell players have much they have been f***ing up, his approach of being every players mate has created a soft culture.
Kinda agree...but who the hell can he say that too when there's (generally) nothing much to pick from.

He could try Doorey, Smith, Deitz, Ava tho so there are some skiny options to try.

What an abysmal Top 30...but Baz needs to own up as well. It's not good enough and he needs solutions to play at least basic footy.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are absolutely crap, embarrassing, no passion, lack lustre , frustrating, and in a huge rut with players not up to the Task it’s clear to see, but TBAZ has taken the job, now he needs to recruit a few more Players on top of the Fox and burton amd then show what’s he’s got .. 22 is do or die for him..!! I will give him until round 4 next year to pass judgement.

only my opinion, hate or not , it is what it is.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cowboys will destroy us next week if they play like this..

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cowboys will destroy us next week if they play like this..
They are destroying the tigers atm score 28-6 with 3 mins to go first half! Looks like we will remain last!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is my argument although I believe some players should be dropped and replaced here is why I think the dogs ain’t as bad as people think!

Round 1 - We played knights as a completely new team with the refs not giving us one penalty that whole game and in wet weather football at the knights home ground. When it’s wet weather it’s anyones Game

Round - 2 played the panthers the best team in the comp in wet weather football and played with another slight changed dogs side with a 70% full stength team if you guys remember we only had a penalty 70mins of the game

Round 3 - this one I haven’t got a excuse for just played bad

Round 4 - played arguably the second best team in the comp in rabbits and after 15 mins of the game the ref was giving Souths all the calls

Round 5 - we played storm and showed we have improved slowly with some players coming back again possibly the third best team in the comp

So basically we played 3 teams in the top 4 and the other 2 we had all the calls against us and in wet weather football! So we shouldn’t blame Trent yet as we haven’t played the other teams yet we play cowboys this should be a test to see where the dogs are at
We will really see how bad we are if we lose against the cowboys next week

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We got flogged by the broncos... It is exactly how it seems..