Warriors home final sells out in 11 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
NRL finals fever has hit New Zealand with public tickets for Friday's semi-final between the Warriors and Sydney Roosters at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium selling out in just 11 minutes.

The public allocation of tickets was snapped up on Tuesday morning following the Warriors' shock win over Melbourne on Sunday, with tickets reserved for Warriors and Roosters members now the only seats available.

There were still more than 600 seats available at Mt Smart Stadium for Roosters members wishing to travel across the Tasman for the match.

Members tickets will be on offer until 10am (AEST) on Wednesday, when all remaining tickets will be released for public sale.

It means the 26,000-capacity Mt Smart Stadium is sure to be full for Friday night's game.

The NRL have said there was similar excitement in Brisbane with more than 13,000 tickets sold in the first 20 minutes of public sales for the Broncos' match against minor premiers Melbourne at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night.

© 2008 AAP

--------------------------------

Trust there to be 600 available tix for the Rorters members section. I know it's across the tasman but ffs they prob wont be able to fill that 600 up let alone a home finals game at sfs

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All Aboard!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nice to see so many bandwagoner Kiwi Rugby League fans are coming out of the woodwork.

Shame they couldn't make a regular season game in the last three or so years when they average roughly 10k a game. Which is woeful and shocking. Especially for a one country team.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL. Where have they been for the rest of the season?
That place should be full every week, not just when they are a few games away from the GF.

K

KL

lol that is like expecting full houses in melb every week guys.

it is rugby land, they live and breath rugby. rugby league in New zealand is as popular as AFL in newcastle

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol that is like expecting full houses in melb every week guys.

it is rugby land, they live and breath rugby. rugby league in New zealand is as popular as AFL in newcastle
Crowds like this, and others they have had show that there is an interest in the game.

They averaged nearly 25k for their first two seasons when they came into the comp in 1995. That was 13 years ago. Obviously a bit of the novelty factor has worn off, but to fall that far is alarming. It was Rugby country then when that many people turned up every second week.

Again, it shows that the interest is there. I still think they should have played 3 games in 4 different cities each year as they are the NZ Warriors and that way they could spread the game throughout the country more instead of things getting stale in Auckland.

But they signed an extremely long term deal at Mount Smart so that can't happen.

K

KL

just like the raiders.

big crowds when they are winning, **** crowds when they are back on the bottom.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Warriors bandwagoners are the best of their kind lol...

Although I do believe they are getting more and more fans each year.. but still theres always the bandwagoners.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Beat hell out of them warriors.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Look at all of the Bandwagoners!!!!!!!!! LMFAO. Where were they during the season.....?

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Thats great stuff!
I hope the Warriors smash the Roosters.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
My Uncle is going. He nearly had a heart attack though, he booked his plane ticket and hotel and couldn't get a ticket... but it's all sorted out now.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look at all of the Bandwagoners!!!!!!!!! LMFAO. Where were they during the season.....?
For the past couple of years they've always had quite good crowds, winning or losing, unless it is completely SH1T whether, or the All Blacks are playing at the same time in the same city.

tzy

Bulldog til i die
Reaction score
i bet theres some some titanic hangovers down there after both wins (all blacks and the warriors) nice to see storm mortality

also nice to see wikki get another home game

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
Go WARRIORS!! I'm pumped! I hope Pricey's men smash those b1tches!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.