Wanted Kennelers with Long Memories

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story TT. My Dad always said Kevin Ryan was one of the toughest players he had ever seen including when he was at the Dragons. Kevin Ryan was one of the foundations of the greatest era of the Club's history from 70's, 80's, 90's and early 2000's. Those days are becoming a distant memory and don't see signs of them re- emerging. Again thanks TT for the story.
Kevin Ryan's nick name was Kandos. Well before cement .

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
My memory is about 3 meters long, is that long enough for ya?

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this - my memory is crap - im 60 - but sometimes i remember things like this - good to know someof the memory is in good nick
I am also 60 all i remember is Keith Page was my first autograph , had to hide it from my dad so he didn't burn it lol.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was at the game at belmore oval when ken Irvine took north Sydney off the field. Don’t remember Kevin Ryan taking Canterbury off the field. Referreemight of been Laurie bruyeers.
Separate occurrences, same ref, the Bears walk off was a couple of years later though. Hence why I think 1967/68 and KR had a running dispute with Page up close to half time. Vague memory, it may have been that the KR refused to bring the team back out after oranges.

Always a Bulldog
This what I am talking about... The Bears and the Bulldogs have great history together and it should continue.

They are fucked as a footy club these days but have a perfectly good home ground not being properly utilised. Let’s build our new home ground at North Sydney Oval to honour this great history.

BBQ, at my place for all Kenellers as soon as it’s announced. Everyone is to bring a slab of thier favouite and wear a name tag, except @Tassie Devil..(Please wear a fluorescent yellow shirt and beanie, so the AFP know its you...)

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I liked the photo of Dennis Fitzgerald getting speared on debut !

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This what I am talking about... The Bears and the Bulldogs have great history together and it should continue.

They are fucked as a footy club these days but have a perfectly good home ground not being properly utilised. Let’s build our new home ground at North Sydney Oval to honour this great history.

BBQ, at my place for all Kenellers as soon as it’s announced. Everyone is to bring a slab of thier favouite and wear a name tag, except @Tassie Devil..(Please wear a fluorescent yellow shirt and beanie, so the AFP know its you...)

It's interesting that you feel you need to tell me what to wear.

That's my usual get up tbh

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's interesting that you feel you need to tell me what to wear.

That's my usual get up tbh
I was gunna say “so everyone can you you coming” but I knew you would see that as some kind of sexual innuendo and refrained...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We played our first game against them 25/4/1935. We should also play ANZAC day every year for that reason.

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We played our first game against them 25/4/1935. We should also play ANZAC day every year for that reason.
Far out- what a history. Two clubs which were great. This is a great thread guys.