Wakeham ?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis can at least do some things to a competent level.

Wakeham has absolutely nothing in the locker.

Called it early regarding Wakeham. I’ll await some apologies.
Agree about Wakeham. I said the same thing about him earlier this year and got roasted by a fair few monday night quarterbacks on the kennel. Great halves have natural instinct, vision and skill. I've been following the Dogs since 1976 and I've seen enough of Wakeham to know he'll never be a great half like Mortimer or Sterling. Great halves don't need to be spoon fed by a coach. Unless TB is the world's first alchemist if we persist with Wakeham at best he will just become another below average half throwing nothing passes to flat footed forwards and kicking bombs on the last tackle. It makes more sense for TB to focus on making a young gun like Avo into a half, at least he has speed, a runnning game and natural skills which Wakeham and Lewis do not.

Last edited:

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely useless, embarrassing and have I said useless??

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Next year definitely make or break for him will need to carve up for mounties first

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All most people wanted was for Wakeham to get a chance to show what he can do.. He didn't get many chances early but when he has had his opportunities, he hasn't looked good enough for FG.

He doesn't run the ball, doesn't have much of a step or isn't too fast and isn't a bad defender but is still an easy target for the opposition. His kicking game is average also. I think he's a decent organiser, has vision and can pass but he'll be in Reserves next season.

Having said all of that, Lewis isn't a FG half either.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
He has ability, not sure what the fuck you lot are expecting when he plays a game here and there in one of the worse sides in the NRL while his confidence has also been smashed to bits. He has got the job done in the lower grades and while playing for Fiji and I'd much rather persist with a bloke with ability that's struggling to transition to firstgrade than a bloke the size of a fucking forward with no skill.

he is shihouse.. full stop

does'nt look like a footballer , does'nt move like a footballer, Wankman is not a footballer

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Go watch his games for Fiji, the kid has plenty of ability, needs development time and some decent coaching.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Showed today he's got nothing. Cogger passed to no-one AGAIN when we were in the opposition 20m but he should have got more game time (unless he was injured ?). Yes we bag Lewis and I agree he's not good enough either but at least he can kick long and can come up with some decent tackles. If we start with Wakeham next year (while Green is still recovering) we're at a huge disadvantage from game 1. Might have to start with Lewis and Avo (unless we can get Burton early)

Now for the start of the season we're already without 3 players from our starting 13 in Oka, Green and Thompson How F..ked !
I agree. I don’t want Lewis long term, but has to be there next year. Lewis with Avo then Burton & Avo. We have no other choice. Hopefully Barrett can teach him to psss.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't keep getting chances to prove he is shit like they did with Princess.

Both are a waste of money and spots.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Only if apologies are issued about Pay and the thought that Holbrook wasn't a better option than Pay

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Stop it
Stop defending a player who will never make it

Wankman is on par with reynolds as a shit half
I'm not defending a player that will never make it, I'm defending a young kid that's struggling to transition to NRL footy. Have you actually seen him play in the lower grades or for Fiji in a role he's far more comfortable in? Or are you purely basing it off his scattered appearances?

He might very well not make it like so many other kids that done well through the grades yet struggled to step up to NRL footy...but we don't know that for sure yet. Baz was the one that gave the final okay on his extension so he's obviously willing to invest his time in him, he also doesn't break the bank so if a better option becomes available we can still make a play for them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hes been thrown into alot of tough games too.
Yup. He defenitely hasn't made the most of his opportunities and has been poor, but he hasn't exactly been blooded into firstgrade in ideal fashion. You need to protect young players and give them roles they're comfortable with so they can find their feet..that didn't happen with Wakeham.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was Thompson injured too? You can't be talking about the Tamou "eye gouge" that (even he said) wasn't.
Thompson is very likely to be suspended for a few weeks

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Wakeham has been underwhelming but he is a dead set rocks and diamond kid with more rocks atm. One should probably wait t'ill Barrett has some time with any halves before a concluding judgment... In saying that he is looking like a dead set hooker atm.