Opinion Wakeham

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi Lachlan. What a moronic post. Cost us the game..... Crichton who couldn't mark his man, an unfair sin binning and some very harsh 6 again calls on the 5th tackle cost us the game. So how many missed tackles by Wakeham led to tries?
He got ten in the sin bin for being a fuckwit then previous to that first set 3 tackles in after they had 10 mins sin bin he threw a forward tap on when he should of kept it , we lost 5 mins and the game REMEMBER

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He got ten in the sin bin for being a fuckwit then previous to that first set 3 tackles in after they had 10 mins sin bin he threw a forward tap on when he should of kept it , we lost 5 mins and the game REMEMBER
Lmfao

Youre seriously criticising him for a tip on that just missed

Lmfao

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lmfao

Youre seriously criticising him for a tip on that just missed

Lmfao
No experience , no idea of the situation ,you don’t get it the prick from Cronulla was in the bin we had 3 tackles left and we lost field position ,ring a bell 10 minutes , we never scored thanx to him ,he’s green and he’s not there ,yeah !

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No experience , no idea of the situation ,you don’t get it the prick from Cronulla was in the bin we had 3 tackles left and we lost field position ,ring a bell 10 minutes , we never scored thanx to him ,he’s green and he’s not there ,yeah !
You must have two dicks mate..........you can’t get that stupid pulling one,yeah

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not to make a comparison. But I think cooper cronk was around 23 when he first played half for the storm. I think he only switched to half when orford left. I reckon there are heaps of halves who were not dominating at 20yo. There are also flops like ash Taylor and Brooks who started their careers on fire but have been rubbish for years. Wakeham may develop he may not, but at least give him 20 games to see what he can do.
Yeh true. I remember Thurston’s first couple of years 2002 & 2003 in and out of first grade until it really clicked for him in 2005. Sometimes when they dominate in the lower grades it takes them a good 30-50 games in FG before they start dominating. And sometimes they turn out to be duds. But regardless, 6 games in FG is no where near enough to judge a player, especially when he’s shown some good things. Off the top of my head I can remember at least 3 try assists he’s already done in 6 games.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh true. I remember Thurston’s first couple of years 2002 & 2003 in and out of first grade until it really clicked for him in 2005. Sometimes when they dominate in the lower grades it takes them a good 30-50 games in FG before they start dominating. And sometimes they turn out to be duds. But regardless, 6 games in FG is no where near enough to judge a player, especially when he’s shown some good things. Off the top of my head I can remember at least 3 try assists he’s already done in 6 games.
Those 3 try assists are also from his already existing natural game. The kid likes the short ball for a good line runner. He'd be perfect for someone like kikau.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see him build and learn. One of My favourite players coming through, hopefully a one club player and brings us a premiership in the future!

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
change up the gameplan. Let Foran and Wakeham have total control of the rucks, fuck the forwards off receiving the ball first.
Let the halves control the team and you will see a.more dangerous dogs team. Then we can see if Wakeham is cut out for it. I think he is, and will be even better if Pay lets him play rest of the season to.gain more confidence.
Its impossible for him to be worse than Lewis the shittest half ever in my opinion. Even Trex was a better half than Lewis

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Thurston would have been in the FG team but we had a big body called Anasta there. Everybody could see the potential with Thurston, but Anasta was considered a can't miss prospect.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thurston would have been in the FG team but we had a big body called Anasta there. Everybody could see the potential with Thurston, but Anasta was considered a can't miss prospect.
The club tried to move Anasta on to keep Thurston but Anasta had a year left on his contract and would consider it, only to go to the Roosters one year later.
There was no doubt everyone knew Thurston was going to be very good.
That's my point with Wakamen, if he is going to be "very good" we would all know by now.

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Really? Consider the playing strengh at the club in 2002 & 2003.
Everybody knew Thurston was very good even very early in his career including 2002 & 2003.
Wakeman ain't no Thurston vis-a-vis 2004 believe me.