WADDELL. PELE

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t understand how on God’s green earth, guys like Waddell continue to play 1st grade on big minutes every week. And players like PELE who actually make a difference only get 10mins a game WTF is going on, it’s like we have a school mentality where we are only picking favourites, seriously it’s F*#%ING LUDACRIS, Does anybody on this forum know what’s going on with the team selections it’s really becoming increasingly frustrating.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t understand how on God’s green earth, guys like Waddell continue to play 1st grade on big minutes every week. And players like PELE who actually make a difference only get 10mins a game WTF is going on, it’s like we have a school mentality where we are only picking favourites, seriously it’s F*#%ING LUDACRIS, Does anybody on this forum know what’s going on with the team selections it’s really becoming increasingly frustrating.
Because Waddell is fit and Pele isn't, not hard to work that one out. Pele is hopeless, will never ever be fit enough to contribute.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
PELE redlines pretty quick that’s why they take him off.. those square things they wear in their jersey below the neck take their heart rate.. I’m guessing why he played reserves on Sunday.
You’re correct about Waddels

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because Waddell is fit and Pele isn't, not hard to work that one out. Pele is hopeless, will never ever be fit enough to contribute.
So you rather have a fit player in the field that would absolutely struggle to make a 1st grade squad anywhere else. Then have a player like Pele who actually is a DAMAGING PROP and puts a dent in the opposition defence ?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you rather have a fit player in the field that would absolutely struggle to make a 1st grade squad anywhere else. Then have a player like Pele who actually is a DAMAGING PROP and puts a dent in the opposition defence ?
Pele needs to get much fitter. He is damaging in attack but he needs to be able to back up in defence.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pele doesn't make any other 17, why are you acting like he does? He's fucking useless if he cant even hold his own in defence for more than 5 minutes.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pele doesn't make any other 17, why are you acting like he does? He's fucking useless if he cant even hold his own in defence for more than 5 minutes.
A players job is to show potential. A coach is job is to get the best out of that potential for the best part of 80 mins, no matter how hard headed the player is.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was hopeless in reserve grade
Well that’s not good fkn lol. I didn’t see the game. I don’t know then bro, I’ve seen some promising signs from him. I need a bit of light these fkn bulldogs are fkn with my emotions lol

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
no point having a player in the team who can only play 10-15 minutes each spell it's a waste of an interchange and spot on the bench

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well that’s not good fkn lol. I didn’t see the game. I don’t know then bro, I’ve seen some promising signs from him. I need a bit of light these fkn bulldogs are fkn with my emotions lol
He setup a try with a great run but he was a ghost in defence, was struggling to even get back the 10.

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pele in his limited minutes is a lot more effective and influential then a lot of others on the field full-time. He may need to work on his fitness but has the potential to be the destructive game changing forward ie fifita/Kasiano type player we desperately crave.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He setup a try with a great run but he was a ghost in defence, was struggling to even get back the 10.
He just needs to put in at training bro. Hopefully he has it in him. Coming back from the broken arm so quick was a good sign. He has a rare combo of size and speed. If was can get him to defend effectively for 20mins at a time he is an ideal impact benchy IMO. I haven’t given up on him yet

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fitness is about application more than anything else. If Pele puts in the work he’ll be able to play big minutes. Hopefully he follows Max King’s example and not TPJ

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fitness is about application more than anything else. If Pele puts in the work he’ll be able to play big minutes. Hopefully he follows Max King’s example and not TPJ
Genetics and mindset also play a part. Not all man were created equal. Some have bigger tanks than others.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I keep saying Waddell shouldn't be re-signed despite some solid games this season. He wouldn't make most other teams 17.

Pele has a lot of ability. Can make great impact but can't do it for longer than 10 minutes. If he could, Ciraldo would play him longer. It's why Cronulla gave up on him. I don't know how he can't improve his fitness to play at least 25 minutes after all of these years but it's the only thing stopping him from playing more.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A players job is to show potential. A coach is job is to get the best out of that potential for the best part of 80 mins, no matter how hard headed the player is.
We aren't developing these types of players well enough.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's why a team like us can't afford to run with TPJ type players.