• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sometimes I get a call from the gender equality agency and they ask what policies I have in place to ensure gender equality.. I say no policies, I pick the best person for the job, no matter their gender, race, size etc.. if we have 100% women or 100% men so be it.

ITs the same with the voice debate. We don't need more red tape. each issue should be considered regulated or legislated on its own merit by people voted to represent, voted by a majority of the people.. Not a voice that needs to be appeased each time an issue is considered.

VOTE NO to retain our democratic process, to reduce red tape, to have an equitable system. VOTE NO

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Misrepresentation of stats. The No vote from non Aboriginal and Aboriginal people is very different.
I'll post where this comes from later today. It's makes very very interesting reading. For example, the highest NO vote % is amongst people who identify themselves as coalition voters. And that is the highest % of any voters demographic yes or no, including the group that identify as conservative.

So the opposition spoil campaign will win through with, as shown previously, the most nonsensical arguments. Lol.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll post where this comes from later today. It's makes very very interesting reading. For example, the highest NO vote % is amongst people who identify themselves as coalition voters. And that is the highest % of any voters demographic yes or no, including the group that identify as conservative.

So the opposition spoil campaign will win through with, as shown previously, the most nonsensical arguments. Lol.
I think the No vote wins too. The fallout may take years to recover. I understand people voting No but celebrating Aboriginal people not getting a voice will not look good or be received well by Aboriginal people

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

See the comment above yours as case in point lol

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Even the local poll here on the kennel has a blowout victory in favour of the NO campaign. EVERY poll says its a homerun victory to the No campaign.

I think the YES campaign people including yourself should be preparing your concession speech.... let me help you write it...

YES we are the imbeciles
YES we wasted your money and we love wasting resources
YES we should have used this money to upgrade the dams
YES we got tripped up in our own lies
YES we tripped over our own feet
YES we are a bunch of misery guts drunks
YES we are sorry to have wasted your Saturday voting
YES you told us so
YES we are undemocratic
YES we love red tape
YES we have bubblebaths with 3 chihuahuas and this is how to discipline these dangerous dogs
YES we should have voted NO

To the people who Voted NO, you won in a landslide despite our grubby YES campaign

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think the No vote wins too. The fallout may take years to recover. I understand people voting No but celebrating Aboriginal people not getting a voice will not look good or be received well by Aboriginal people
Yep... so many No supporters on this forum alone are celebrating as if they are about to win a footy grand final, That must be a real kick in the teeth for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, especially given this Voice was a specific request made in the Uluru Statement from the Heart, not the tokenistic brainchild of some "woke" politician, as some would have us believe.

The No camp says the referendum is divisive. But it doesn't get much more divisive than gleefully celebrating the impending rejection of a request made by the Indigenous community with a view towards reparations and improved outcomes.

Not saying for a minute all, or even most No voters are racist. Many are confused, others don't believe it's the right solution. But there have been a number of blatantly racist arguments made on this thread alone. Racist attitudes are 100 per cent propping up the No vote. And it is those racist people (along with rusted on conservatives that just want to see anything to do with Labor fail), who will ultimately refuse to "win" with dignity. I don't think the defeat of the referendum will be a good look in itself.... but to have people cheerleading it. That's just embarrassing.

Having said all that, polling has gone from 60 per cent support for the Voice to 40-45 per cent support nationally.... and appears to have dropped by 15-25 per cent in the Aboriginal/ Torres Strait Island community. That is partly due to the spoiling tactics of the No campaign, but it is also indicative of a pretty spectacular failure in messaging from the Yes side. There's no doubt the No side has run a more effective campaign, and during the post mortem, Albo and the Yes campaign should do some serious navel gazing.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep... so many No supporters on this forum alone are celebrating as if they are about to win a footy grand final, That must be a real kick in the teeth for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, especially given this Voice was a specific request made in the Uluru Statement from the Heart, not the tokenistic brainchild of some "woke" politician, as some would have us believe.

The No camp says the referendum is divisive. But it doesn't get much more divisive than gleefully celebrating the impending rejection of a request made by the Indigenous community with a view towards reparations and improved outcomes.

Not saying for a minute all, or even most No voters are racist. Many are confused, others don't believe it's the right solution. But there have been a number of blatantly racist arguments made on this thread alone. Racist attitudes are 100 per cent propping up the No vote. And it is those racist people (along with rusted on conservatives that just want to see anything to do with Labor fail), who will ultimately refuse to "win" with dignity. I don't think the defeat of the referendum will be a good look in itself.... but to have people cheerleading it. That's just embarrassing.

Having said all that, polling has gone from 60 per cent support for the Voice to 40-45 per cent support nationally.... and appears to have dropped by 15-25 per cent in the Aboriginal/ Torres Strait Island community. That is partly due to the spoiling tactics of the No campaign, but it is also indicative of a pretty spectacular failure in messaging from the Yes side. There's no doubt the No side has run a more effective campaign, and during the post mortem, Albo and the Yes campaign should do some serious navel gazing.
Agree, neither side of the vote is an ideal situation.
Neither side are worthy of celebrating if realised.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is no celebrating as the NO side simple retains the constitution as it is. We don't win anything?? Its about now the post mortem and keeping people to account. The YES voters for their own good need to be told they are gullible for voting for what they don't know, Rent-a-crowd voters Wasting taxpayer money and wasting all our Saturdays instead of fixing the dam.

There is no fallout with the indigenous as most VOTED NO!.

The NO side has not run any sort of campaign, we just say explain your position and the YES imbeciles are fumbling over what it is?

The YES side have failed spectacularly, there was a facts sheet some time back that shown reasons to vote yes or no.. There were 5 valid reasons for NO and one shakey reason for YES but that reason was simply repeated and reworded 8 times on the page to make it look like there is more YES reasons, all of them shakey.. Calling your voter stupid.

VOTE NO!

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, if the No vote gets up, its not about celebrating aboriginal people not having a Voice. It’s about celebrating Australia not being stuck with a bureaucratic, ill-defined, unrepresentative body which will likely fail the aboriginal community.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There is no celebrating as the NO side simple retains the constitution as it is. We don't win anything?? Its about now the post mortem and keeping people to account. The YES voters for their own good need to be told they are gullible for voting for what they don't know, Rent-a-crowd voters Wasting taxpayer money and wasting all our Saturdays instead of fixing the dam.

There is no fallout with the indigenous as most VOTED NO!.

The NO side has not run any sort of campaign, we just say explain your position and the YES imbeciles are fumbling over what it is?

The YES side have failed spectacularly, there was a facts sheet some time back that shown reasons to vote yes or no.. There were 5 valid reasons for NO and one shakey reason for YES but that reason was simply repeated and reworded 8 times on the page to make it look like there is more YES reasons, all of them shakey.. Calling your voter stupid.

VOTE NO!
You try too hard. Nobody takes you seriously.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
sometimes I get a call from the gender equality agency and they ask what policies I have in place to ensure gender equality.. I say no policies, I pick the best person for the job, no matter their gender, race, size etc.. if we have 100% women or 100% men so be it.

ITs the same with the voice debate. We don't need more red tape. each issue should be considered regulated or legislated on its own merit by people voted to represent, voted by a majority of the people.. Not a voice that needs to be appeased each time an issue is considered.

VOTE NO to retain our democratic process, to reduce red tape, to have an equitable system. VOTE NO
The gender equality agency is a self reporting federal agency. They do not call anyone.

Lying again?

#PittieBullshit

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I went to an early voting centre today in Belmore. I pointed at one of the "Vote Yes" signs and I forcefully burst out laughing, intending to make a scene. And I did. People looked and me knowing what my vote was going to be.

And I voted no. And in the process that the I put my PEN to the paper, I had a big, sick grimace on my face, and I was thinking of you the entire time I was doing it.

I left that centre with a look of satisfaction on my face :grinning:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I went to an early voting centre today in Belmore. I pointed at one of the "Vote Yes" signs and I forcefully burst out laughing, intending to make a scene. And I did. People looked and me knowing what my vote was going to be.

And I voted no. And in the process that the I put my PEN to the paper, I had a big, sick grimace on my face, and I was thinking of you the entire time I was doing it.

I left that centre with a look of satisfaction on my face :grinning:
So you made a public spectacle of yourself and demonstrated to everyone at the polling centre you’re either mentally unstable, or a bit of an asshole.

How proud you must be.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So you made a public spectacle of yourself and demonstrated to everyone at the polling centre you’re an asshole.

How proud you must be.
Oh so very proud namaste :grinning:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gender equality agency is a self reporting federal agency. They do not call anyone.

Lying again?

#PittieBullshit
Rubbish.. You have to do surveys everyone and they follow them up.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except my vote also counts! You don't need my vote? :grinning:

I'm going to vote this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Any last minute sales pitch before I sink the boot into your campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.