• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are missing the point of living in a democracy. You are privileged enough to vote how you see fit. Not how someone wants you to vote. Vote No vote yes tick your name off and don’t vote. At least you get a chance to vote.
You speak that we live in a democracy, yet the yes buffoons want to vote away your democratic rights! The voice fiasco is about giving a group a seat at the table that is not voted in but the constitution mandates it.. how is that a democracy speaking? This is undemocratic and divisive at its core.. full with danger.. that’s why the No vote will win… the yes campaign is basically insulting people calling them stupid. Tell ya nothing and vote yes you buffoons

come on @N4TE don’t be fooled by the yes campaigns Trojan horse.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Can you stop spreading nonsensical misinformation, please? Honestly, the lies coming out from the No side are shameless and a national embarrassment.
I suppose this fact is a lie too:

There have been 44 referendums in our nations history. Only EIGHT have been successful.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I know you joke but that's exactly what they want, no voters are automatically "racist".
Well we're kind of protected from that as a lot of Aboriginal people are voting no, and campaigning for no. I simply bring up good old Warren Mundine anytime someone questions why I'm voting No.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yes voters are racist.
They're claiming a racial group can't speak up for themselves so we need to appoint a special group to do so on their behalf!

That is a definition of racism right there.

Because you're Arabic and I'm white maybe you should sit back and let me fo all the speaking.
I know what I'd best for you, better than you know yourself!
No, we are claiming Indigenous people in remote communities aren't being listened to when it comes to solutions abut problems affecting their communities, so giving a direct pipeline to government to make sure their input is heard might be helpful.

If the No side is all about rationality as you guys keep saying, why do you keep attempting to obfuscate by misrepresenting the issue, lying and insulting the yes side?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I suppose this fact is a lie too:

There have been 44 referendums in our nations history. Only EIGHT have been successful.
Err, no... that's a fact. What you think this has to do with your previous post, I have no idea.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not sure why you're upset at me. It was you that said it.
Look at his avatar, fam. That should tell you all you need to know about his motivations. Sad that some are treating this as a joke. Really shows the depth of their sincerity and compassion.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you stop spreading nonsensical misinformation, please? Honestly, the lies coming out from the No side are shameless and a national embarrassment.
There is misinformation being spread from both sides - the Yes side as much as the No side. That needs to be acknowledged.

It’s now time, if not done already, for everyone to remove what they individually think is noise and emotion, focus on facts and vote according to what they individually believe.

If the Yes vote is elected, so be it. If the No vote is elected, so be it. We have to respect democracy and move on.

Given what has happened over the last few days in the world, this referendum, whatever side you are on, should at a minimum be a reinforcement of how fortunate we are for living in a country like Australia and being able to have our say.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Latest polling shows that 2/3 of people under the age of 34 support the voice, while only 1/4 of people over 55 support it. Once again, opinion on an issue seems to be split along generational lines. That's quite the discrepancy.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There is misinformation being spread from both sides - the Yes side as much as the No side. That needs to be acknowledged.

It’s now time, if not done already, for everyone to remove what they individually think is noise and emotion, focus on facts and vote according to what they individually believe.

If the Yes vote is elected, so be it. If the No vote is elected, so be it. We have to respect democracy and move on.

Given what has happened over the last few days in the world, this referendum, whatever side you are on, should at a minimum be a reinforcement of how fortunate we are for living in a country like Australia and being able to have our say.
Well, misinformation can be anything that doesn't align with one's perception of truth.... but I'm yet to see evidence of anyone on the yes side making up fairytales about no voters trying to supress their votes and fix the referendum.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey, look at that. Referendum conspiracies to watch out for:

Number 2

Votes in pencil will be literally rubbed out
"The AEC provides pencils as they do not smudge when a ballot paper is folded, they can be stored and re-used from one event to the next, they don't run dry in tropical locations and they are cheaper than other implements."
That's the AEC's down-the-line response as to why pencils are provided at voting centres.
But you can always bring your own pen for peace of mind, and use that.
The AEC also points out that polling officials are never alone with ballot papers.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hey, look at that. Referendum conspiracies to watch out for:

Number 2

Votes in pencil will be literally rubbed out
"The AEC provides pencils as they do not smudge when a ballot paper is folded, they can be stored and re-used from one event to the next, they don't run dry in tropical locations and they are cheaper than other implements."
That's the AEC's down-the-line response as to why pencils are provided at voting centres.
But you can always bring your own pen for peace of mind, and use that.
The AEC also points out that polling officials are never alone with ballot papers.
This referendum is turning into statement from the heart vs statement from the bottom... and the bottoms are winning. Way to go, straya!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
There's a positive about all of this.

Generally speaking, unlike the US, the conspiracy nutters do not have guns.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Latest polling shows that 2/3 of people under the age of 34 support the voice, while only 1/4 of people over 55 support it. Once again, opinion on an issue seems to be split along generational lines. That's quite the discrepancy.
Always the case! Most people in there younger years are more liberal but as they get older and realise the world is real and not fairy land they become conservative (Obviously not everyone I'm talking about how it's been for years).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Always the case! Most people in there younger years are more liberal but as they get older and realise the world is real and not fairy land they become conservative (Obviously not everyone I'm talking about how it's been for years).
The young can be a little too idealistic, that is true.... but it's also true that older people can become jaded and put problems with workable solutions in the too hard basket. Some of those solutions may actually help to make society a better place.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

A key claim by Anthony Albanese about significant support for the proposed Voice to Parliament among Indigenous people has been rubbished by a shock new poll.

The Age newspaper has published research showing the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in favour of the Voice is sitting at just 59 per cent.

While that represents a clear majority, it is dramatically lower than the 80 per cent figure repeatedly cited by the Prime Minister and the official Yes campaign.

This tells us that the Yes vote has declined at much the same rate as [in] the general population over the last year.

Piece by piece the cookie crumbles.

Always a Bulldog

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interestingly, I know a Kiwi conservative who has gone from the right to central to central left in retirement after working his life as a business owner!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

A key claim by Anthony Albanese about significant support for the proposed Voice to Parliament among Indigenous people has been rubbished by a shock new poll.

The Age newspaper has published research showing the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in favour of the Voice is sitting at just 59 per cent.

While that represents a clear majority, it is dramatically lower than the 80 per cent figure repeatedly cited by the Prime Minister and the official Yes campaign.

This tells us that the Yes vote has declined at much the same rate as [in] the general population over the last year.

Piece by piece the cookie crumbles.
Always a Bulldog
Misrepresentation of stats. The No vote from non Aboriginal and Aboriginal people is very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.