• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Partisan? You calling me smelly cheese now? :p

You know me bro, no sneaky shit, no agendas, just sick of all the bullshit we have to deal with.
But you're aged partisan bro, the best. :innocent:

I'm good with people voting whatever for informed reasons. Or even not voting for whatever reasons including those who just couldn't give a fck. Just this place is a wack a mole for mistruths. So, you know me, if I'm bored we wack a mole.

All good.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
But you're aged partisan bro, the best. :innocent:

I'm good with people voting whatever for informed reasons. Or even not voting for whatever reasons including those who just couldn't give a fck. Just this place is a wack a mole for mistruths. So, you know me, if I'm bored we wack a mole.

All good.
Well at least I admit don't know enough about it and basically too busy trying to stay out of hospital to fully delve into it.

I'll just finish with if it gets through, I hope it's legit and we see changes for the better for our fellow Aussies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You keep coming back to libs like I am one bro, fuck both sides and again I'm surprised educated individuals fall for the left/right paradigm.

Being Assyrian (basically the Indigenous of the Mid East) and basically, a human with a heart, I feel for the people with need.

Everyone is trying to sway others to vote their way, I don't know enough about it plus I don't trust any government.

Straight out I'm donkey voting because it's a waste of time, don't trust or believe anything the government says and not to cross over into the conspiracy thread, I don't believe in voting and it's more of a selection than an election. If there was an option to pass on my "vote" to a complete honest professional then that would be my vote, not yes or no.

BUT

With your post I agree, libs are against it because Labor introduced it, just like Labor would be against it if the Libs introduced it.

That's why I don't respect government, its not about the people, it's about the dollars and control of the people
There’s no other way than blaming the Libs for Labor people unfortunately mate. The politics should be put aside here. It’s a bad policy and should fail

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Most remote Indigenous FNQ communities ‘more worried about day-to-day survival’ than Voice

The Voice referendum barely gets a hearing in Far North Queensland’s remote Indigenous communities, despite claims by Yes campaigners such as Noel Pearson

Some of the neediest Indigneous remote communities in Queensland’s Far North say that they neither understand nor care about the Voice, arguing that everyday challenges for survival, such as drinking water storage, are far more pressing.

Despite headlines trumpeting a recent push by Yes campaigner Noel Pearson, who has attracted support from regional bodies across Cape York and the Torres Strait, some community leaders there say that the referendum campaign has gained little traction on the ground.

“Why would I care?” asked one prominent community leader.
“The Voice isn’t going to make any difference.”

8e5b80e336a8ea704f3aba08f83b3972.jpg

Racist Indigenous leader Noel Pearson. Picture: Glenn Hampson

Cape York remote community leaders confront immediate concerns, such as squabbles between clans, chronic health problems and the logistics and funding for accessing basic services.

Marked by untamed wilds and big mining, the northern tip of Australia includes remote communities such as Mapoon, Napranum and Aurukun.

Some communities are inaccessible by road for months a year during the wet season.

Alcohol flows through supposedly dry communities here.

Riots in Aurukun in 2020 compelled 120 or more residents to hide in the bush, fearful of a so-called lynch mob of 80 people, some armed with tomahawks.
School attendance rates of 80 per cent in these parts are lauded as tales of success.
The five areas Australia is falling behind tiny town that Australia forgot
The Voice referendum is expected to be held in October.

Yet over three days in Cape York communities, across dozens of interviews, not one local resident identified the Voice to NewsCorp as a big discussion point.

A demoralised former local councillor of one community said: “I’ve dabbled in politics but I don’t even know what it’s about really.

“Ultimately, I feel it won’t make any difference.”

Dr Fiona Wirrer-George, a traditional owner from Napranum, south of Weipa, says the Voice narrative requires a way of thinking at odds with the everyday issues.

b957f0fe20f9b9ce839bdc47abf0ee85.jpg

Dr Fiona Wirrer-George is a traditional owner from Napranum, south of Weipa. Picture: David Caird

“A different kind of narrative preoccupies the mindset of Western Cape mob,” she says.

“I don’t think it (the Voice) is forefront. It should be.”

A children services worker said: “There are a history of programs put forward to support communities. People have just switched off a little bit.”

Another worker said: “Most of my clients are more worried about day-to-day survival.”

Closing the Gap statistics depict inherent hardships shared by many very remote Indigenous communities across the nation.

People in very remote communities collectively live almost 15 years less than the rest of the population.

Suicide rates are far higher, as are incarceration rates.

Opportunities suffer in the face of year 12 measures, which shows a 41.7 per cent rate of completion compared with the nation’s 96 per cent.

92fdc1fd16d8765d0e1146910d0ceaf2.jpg
1693346224959.png1693346225018.png1693346225061.png

Mum Lisa Tabulai with her son John Tabulai, 3. Picture: David Caird

Employment rates for 25-64-year-olds are at 35 per cent (compared with 62 per cent) while the number of 15-24-year-olds in employment, education or training is well under half the 67 per cent target set down by 2031.

Overcrowded housing is said to be a starting point for displacement, while cycles of incarceration for young men have been likened to a “form of initiation”.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our weak PM is crying again. He’s pathetic. We vote no on the 14th October. Question for his supporters, should Albo go if the voice loses at the polls?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Albo will get rolled if this doesn’t pass through.
I’m voting = NO.
I really hope he does for the sake of the country but as long as he isn’t replaced with Bowen, Chalmers or Wong

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Our weak PM is crying again. He’s pathetic. We vote no on the 14th October. Question for his supporters, should Albo go if the voice loses at the polls?
I don’t think so Nat.. this is a vote about one’s opinion on the Voice, not a vote on whether we are satisfied with Albo as a Prime Minister.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t think so Nat.. this is a vote about one’s opinion on the Voice, not a vote on whether we are satisfied with Albo as a Prime Minister.
I agree that’s the way it SHOULD be but with the obsession/bias shown, the PM seemingly dedicating all of his time & energy to it and neglecting cost of living, not keeping election promises etc I wouldn’t be surprised if the internal knives came out like the old Rudd/Gillard/Rudd days

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree that’s the way it SHOULD be but with the obsession/bias shown, the PM seemingly dedicating all of his time & energy to it and neglecting cost of living, not keeping election promises etc I wouldn’t be surprised if the internal knives came out like the old Rudd/Gillard/Rudd days
Yep one thing the Labor Party loves is to backstab their leaders. Sheesh!!.

I guess we are going down the American path of Public Opinion Polls becoming so important. So I dare say if the Voice fails, or gets through, the next couple of opinion polls will be closely watched.

However personally, i don’t equate the outcome of the referendum with Albo’s performance, or lack of performance (depending on your point of view :D) as our PM.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I guess we are going down the American path of Public Opinion Polls becoming so important. So I dare say if the Voice fails, or gets through, the next couple of opinion polls will be closely watched.

However personally, i don’t equate the outcome of the referendum with Albo’s performance, or lack of performance (depending on your point of view :D) as our PM.
They all do. Scum of the earth can’t be trusted, even by each other.

Polls are often wrong but one thing I think Albo does well is make it a popularity contest by going to concerts, sport & drinking beers.

His job might be safe for now but I think he needs to be careful about ridiculing people with a different opinion. He’s not an activist in Newtown anymore and needs to be a bit more mature

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They all do. Scum of the earth can’t be trusted, even by each other.

Polls are often wrong but one thing I think Albo does well is make it a popularity contest by going to concerts, sport & drinking beers.

His job might be safe for now but I think he needs to be careful about ridiculing people with a different opinion. He’s not an activist in Newtown anymore and needs to be a bit more mature
I guess it comes down to what Abe Lincoln/ Lydgate said,

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

That’s of course if you are a South supporter. Then, the only people who never support you, are Dentists!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Lol. Reckon Hannibal is in more trouble than Albo at the moment. Hannibal just removed pre-selection for a whole range of moderate Libs (Ley being one of them). Now normally - a National Right leader would do everything he can to get more right wingers pre-selected except sometimes its better for your 'guys' to owe you favours. And Hannibal is either creating or collecting favourites at the moment.

So if I'm a betting man, reckon Hannibal might need more favours to survive this.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol. Reckon Hannibal is in more trouble than Albo at the moment. Hannibal just removed pre-selection for a whole range of moderate Libs (Ley being one of them). Now normally - a National Right leader would do everything he can to get more right wingers pre-selected except sometimes its better for your 'guys' to owe you favours. And Hannibal is either creating or collecting favourites at the moment.

So if I'm a betting man, reckon Hannibal might need more favours to survive this.
Is Hannibal the melted potato?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not an Albo supporter but... Nah, that's a pretty terrible suggestion. Even if that was the only thing he attempted as PM, its a referendum and the results of a vote by 26 million people isn't the fault of the PM. Otherwise we'd have to kick out every PM for every bill they raised that didn't pass. Which means that every 2 months we'd have a new PM.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that he's dedicating all his time to it. That would be quite entertaining if you're accusing him of spending all his time on this one motion, but also somehow spending all his time travelling overseas. Becomes a bit of a paradox.

But I agree on the cost of living thing. I don't think he's dedicating enough time or effort to that.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
my personal opinion is if the gruberment are hell bent of shoving it down your throat then it cant be a good thing
theres not enough actual true factual information displayed for both sides of the argument

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that he's dedicating all his time to it. That would be quite entertaining if you're accusing him of spending all his time on this one motion, but also somehow spending all his time travelling overseas. Becomes a bit of a paradox.

But I agree on the cost of living thing. I don't think he's dedicating enough time or effort to that.
Maybe 51% the voice, 49% climate change :grinning:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I want to vote yes, I know it will all ultimately be a fuck up and the only people who will benefit will be the aboriginal industry and those who "identify" as first nations people and no one else!
What a government says it will do, what it set out to do and what it ultimately achieves are always three totally different things...

Status
Not open for further replies.