• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I have to vote on this useless shit if I'm in hospital and will the greedy ***** fine me for not voting,?
IIRC they come around and collect votes for longer-term patients.
Either that or ask you to fill in postal votes.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Albo loses this referendum is there a chance his party will back stab him and let the Asian dude take over Wong?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It usually has to go a lot further than that. Natboy and a few others here have a history of it that resulted in many warnings and bans already.
Today is the first I've read this thread for months...it's too depressing all round. Yes and No.

It wasn't me so just to clarify that lol but saw there had been a sin bin ban.

I don't Report or call for bans for harrassment etc...it just makes the problem worse and the grudges/payback deeper, if anything, so doesn't really help clean up the trolling, baiting for anyone targetted on here.

Bulldogs for Top 8 2024 :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He wouldn't know either. Too many candidates. But he'll blame me anyway and that's cool. Happy to take the limelight while the real person continues to plan payback in the shadows.

Bwahahahaha......
The Illuminati lizard people always get blamed for everything....

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep - thats a fair enough statement. But then you run the risk of another govt coming along and removing it.

Which given the outright lies some parts of govt have peddled during all of this, anything is possible.
But another govt coming in can change the composition of the Voice as well, so there is no assurance of consistency across governments anyways.

If it’s legislated (rather than pet of the constitution) and then removed by a subsequent government, the public can have their say by voting that government out.

This Voice is bound to be a legal and administrative cluster f**k if it gets through.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
But another govt coming in can change the composition of the Voice as well, so there is no assurance of consistency across governments anyways.

If it’s legislated (rather than pet of the constitution) and then removed by a subsequent government, the public can have their say by voting that government out.

This Voice is bound to be a legal and administrative cluster f**k if it gets through.
Yep. But the bit you forgot is that the government can get rid of anything like the voice unless it's in the constitution.

So I'm not sure what your argument is as you end up in the same place for both your 1st and 2nd paragraphs. The only difference is that there must be a voice of some sort if it's in the constitution.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. But the bit you forgot is that the government can get rid of anything like the voice unless it's in the constitution.

So I'm not sure what your argument is as you end up in the same place for both your 1st and 2nd paragraphs. The only difference is that there must be a voice of some sort if it's in the constitution.
I was replying to your assertion that there is a difference between having the Voice legislated vs having the Voice ingrained in our constitution in that subsequent governments can get rid of it if not in our Constitution - that’s what I thought your point was.

My point is that, whilst there may be a difference in form between between having the Voice legislated vs having the Voice ingrained in our constitution, there does not necessarily have to be a difference in substance as any subsequent government can dilute it to their liking. So, a “Voice of some sort” can be a completely toothless tiger, even if in the Constitution.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I was replying to your assertion that there is a difference between having the Voice legislated vs having the Voice ingrained in our constitution in that subsequent governments can get rid of it if not in our Constitution - that’s what I thought your point was.

My point is that, whilst there may be a difference in form between between having the Voice legislated vs having the Voice ingrained in our constitution, there does not necessarily have to be a difference in substance as any subsequent government can dilute it to their liking. So, a “Voice of some sort” can be a completely toothless tiger, even if in the Constitution.
Wasn't my point, was someone else's. And yes, this is then subject to the electorate.

And I'll go back to what I said yonks ago. There is visibility on what the Voice asks parliament if it's in the constitution. So u know what you are voting for if that's what decides your vote. If it's not in the constitution, it's just a legislated thing and subsequent govts nix it, then where is the visibility on how givts are trying to help first nations?

Imv anything that creates more visibility in government is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.