Vlandy’s you fat dog, what have you done?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t watch. I still watched every minute of Canterbury’s game yesterday. Big deal, it’s up to coaches and teams to recruit and train better, pretty simple

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So isn’t that the lesson?
Things can always get worse.
Take a deep breath…
Calls for calm are fine mate but you are not alarmed about the direction of the game under V’landys ? The game has pretty much survived and thrived for over 100 years with minimal tweaks. Some have worked some haven’t, but administrators in the past didn’t make wholesale changes off the cuff. This bloke has single handedly turned most games into one sided floggings. Created debacles were there have been 3 and 4 players in the sin bin and dozens on report. Then, when the noise gets loud in protest he suggests kick offs in reverse?? The bloke is off his chops..

Nasheed here,
Mfs wanna overlook the fact there was two golden point games Friday

The new plans of Losing team receiving the kick off and tv timeouts should even it up a bit in terms of momentum swings.
This is an example of a V’landys supporter. Stay on the Soufs forum where you belong. Dragons /Warriors game was the exception not the rule, although the Warriors have been in many close games this season. The other game was 2vs3. Outside the top4 mist contest end up one sided and boring to watch.

The kick off rule would also almost certainly destroy any chances of big come from behind wins. Even if a team is down by 8 with under 5 minutes to go the game would effectively be over. Short kick offs would become a teams only real hope and they are generally a lottery. Not only that but as others have mentioned, he is looking at bringing in a rule to help fix the negative outcome of a rule he brought in. Get rid of the rule causing the issues!.. He's too arrogant and almighty for that.
100% mate. This bloke could end up damaging the game permanently if he is not reined in. He does not represent or speak for 100+ years of rugby league, clubs and fans. The club bosses need to collectively have a say in all major game changes. Not just leave it up to old mate Dicktator…(correct spelling)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Calls for calm are fine mate but you are not alarmed about the direction of the game under V’landys ? The game has pretty much survived and thrived for over 100 years with minimal tweaks. Some have worked some haven’t, but administrators in the past didn’t make wholesale changes off the cuff. This bloke has single handedly turned most games into one sided floggings. Created debacles were there have been 3 and 4 players in the sin bin and dozens on report. Then, when the noise gets loud in protest he suggests kick offs in reverse?? The bloke is off his chops..
Not really a call for calm Baz but highlighting that some baying for blood were doing exactly the same of the last Chief too. And likely the next. It was only a year ago that many were saying V’Landys ‘saved’ the game.

Of course there’s problems and they will be reviewed at seasons end. I know the Dogs have had more than one discussion with V’Landys and Abdo about their concerns. No doubt other clubs are doing the same.

Changes were made to ‘speed the game up’ which have really only succeeded in the number of people turning games off. Two refs dumped purely for cost savings during Covid. The money will tell the story as always - no Origin in Melbourne or Sydney this year will hurt the coffers purely in terms of bums on seats.

But V’landys is not one to admit he was wrong so look for changes to be made with spin.

The ‘Innovation Committee’ really have their work cut out for them come October…

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PvL will likley change the kick off rule so the scoring teams kick off...

He is way too much of an ego maniac to admit an error, he'll just keeping fucking with the rules to try and balance back as much as possible

The end product won't even resemble the game we all grew up with

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really a call for calm Baz but highlighting that some baying for blood were doing exactly the same of the last Chief too. And likely the next. It was only a year ago that many were saying V’Landys ‘saved’ the game.

Of course there’s problems and they will be reviewed at seasons end. I know the Dogs have had more than one discussion with V’Landys and Abdo about their concerns. No doubt other clubs are doing the same.

Changes were made to ‘speed the game up’ which have really only succeeded in the number of people turning games off. Two refs dumped purely for cost savings during Covid. The money will tell the story as always - no Origin in Melbourne or Sydney this year will hurt the coffers purely in terms of bums on seats.

But V’landys is not one to admit he was wrong so look for changes to be made with spin.

The ‘Innovation Committee’ really have their work cut out for them come October…
Yeah mate, I know you get it but sometimes swift and direct action avoids long term pain. Look at us for example. There was procrastination with coaching appointments with us after Dean Pay was appointed. Dean is a Bulldog great and deserved to be part of the coaching staff, but he wasn’t ready for the top job. Many of us, me included bought into a Bulldog in charge as we licked our wounds after Des-truction..But he wasn’t up to it and as a club we hung onto him way too long while other possible coaches came and went out of the market.

By the time the club realised they had fucked up all the good options were gone. So, we settled on Barrett based solely on the fact he was apparently responsible for coaching attack to the best attacking side in the Como..

We are in a world of pain Dink, the football team is a fucking mess, we have no top shelf 9, 7 or 1 and although we get Burton and JAC next year it won’t be enough. What must Thompson be thinking? Who are the gun forwards we desperately need and why will they now come to us?

Then throw in the massive floggings we are on the end of partly thanks to V’landy-Ball and things look even bleaker for a circuit breaker.

There needs to be a massive play made by the club/board/sponsors to shift our moment and it needs to happen veryvery soon, or what we now think is the bottom may soon look like the shallow end of the pool.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFL Implemented: 1966–67 Northern Rugby Football League season.

A four-tackle rule was introduced in December 1966.[21] The rule ended unlimited tackles, a by-product from the introduction of the play-the-ball in 1906.[19][21] The sport's administrators were concerned that teams were becoming obsessed with retaining possession, as it was possible to keep the ball for long periods, to the detriment of the game being an exciting spectacle.[34] A match between Hull Kingston Rovers and Huddersfield was a catalyst for this significant change; after Huddersfield kicked off, they were only able to touch the ball twice during the whole of the first half of the game.[34] Rugby Football League secretary Bill Fallowfield devised and proposed the four-tackle rule with Australian authorities supporting the change as they were experiencing similar concerns for the game in Australia and wanted to improve the game's flow and pace.[34][35] The change had a significant impact on the style of play and helped to create a product suited to television.[35]

Interesting reading, it looks like V'landys has taken the game backwards by 50 - 60 years. Pull your head in V'lad and p!ss these dumb rules off.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I cringed when people said last year V'landys "saved Rugby League".. He did fuck all.. As if it wouldn't have survived without him. It's survived for 100 plus years and is the second biggest comp in Australia but it needed V'landys to save it? Yeah right! It was all sensationalist media reporting to slurp V'landys and even now despite him destroying the sport, not one negative word is written about him and there aren't even articles about how concerning the blowouts are.

Instead all they do is praise those that won and hammer the teams that lost and pretend that nothing is wrong. They carry on as if the game has never been more entertaining when in reality hundreds of thousands of fans have completely lost interest and hate what the sport has become.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am so done with Vlandys and Rugby League. I am venting on here and bagging players and Barrett. I've taken a step back to break things down and our sharp drop off in results and competitiveness is mostly attributed to VLANDYS GARBAGE RULE CHANGES. Break down the stats before and after the rule changes, we went from a team finishing 12/11th to wooden spooners instantly and we can't even get close to teams on the scoreboard any more.

Ever since this fuckwit changed the speed of the game to the likes of which we've never seen we haven't been able to compete or grind it out with teams. I am going to take a step back from bagging the coach/players.

The way I see it now: part of us as a club getting back from this crisis we find ourselves in also hinges on Vlandys being hounded out of the game! never to return!

fuck vlandys

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People do know others vote for the changes. People like Wayne Pearce etc

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I dont understand the refereeing of the games as well, manly up 36 nil Souths up 16 nil and still giving them soft 6 again calls? What is their go? Its like they want blow outs? Cany they see its bad for the game?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
have to spend bigger money to get whats required now days, we are not seen as a club players now want to play for like previously in the better years where finals footy were a given.

when clubs like roosters rabbits have behind closed doors 3rd party deals and mega-money to throw around on the golf course,a club like the storm have bellamy then the top tier players will likely end up in those teams, clubs like knights who signed ponga manly with tommy turbo took a gamble on long term contracts for relatively unproven at the time players
the talent pool is limited aging players chasing a final long term big money contract are about all thats left in the marketplace

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah mate, I know you get it but sometimes swift and direct action avoids long term pain. Look at us for example. There was procrastination with coaching appointments with us after Dean Pay was appointed. Dean is a Bulldog great and deserved to be part of the coaching staff, but he wasn’t ready for the top job. Many of us, me included bought into a Bulldog in charge as we licked our wounds after Des-truction..But he wasn’t up to it and as a club we hung onto him way too long while other possible coaches came and went out of the market.

By the time the club realised they had fucked up all the good options were gone. So, we settled on Barrett based solely on the fact he was apparently responsible for coaching attack to the best attacking side in the Como..

We are in a world of pain Dink, the football team is a fucking mess, we have no top shelf 9, 7 or 1 and although we get Burton and JAC next year it won’t be enough. What must Thompson be thinking? Who are the gun forwards we desperately need and why will they now come to us?

Then throw in the massive floggings we are on the end of partly thanks to V’landy-Ball and things look even bleaker for a circuit breaker.

There needs to be a massive play made by the club/board/sponsors to shift our moment and it needs to happen veryvery soon, or what we now think is the bottom may soon look like the shallow end of the pool.
Not dismissing what you’re saying Baz but I don’t think we missed massively on coaching. Yeah, the Steelers are in the 8 but they’re hot and cold (Hook) and the Titans are struggling (Holbrook). I still believe the bulk of our problems reside in the squad more so than Baz. If we haven’t measurably improved by Round 10 2022 I will join the call for the axe to fall - but as baffled and disappointed as I am like any Dogs fan we haven’t improved (and actually regressed) this year - I definitely believe we have a morale problem as part of our bad roster balance (we should never have 15 off contract at once - probably 8-10 to leave). Manly are a good side but not 66-0 good. I think some players have already checked out and we just need to get to September, break out the bleach and give the joint a hell of a scrub. Hopefully the last September scrub for a while.

I don’t know where forwards will come from - but there’s opportunities - Marty Tapau being one and even though I don’t really want him, TPJ is another. I’m sure the club are not doing nothing about that.

The rules can’t be changed mid-season (well, with the Covid exception of set restarts last year) so interested to see how they spin any changes for 2022. Not sure if it’s just me but I reckon the number of set restarts is dropping and sin bins from high shots too. We’ll see.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not dismissing what you’re saying Baz but I don’t think we missed massively on coaching. Yeah, the Steelers are in the 8 but they’re hot and cold (Hook) and the Titans are struggling (Holbrook). I still believe the bulk of our problems reside in the squad more so than Baz. If we haven’t measurably improved by Round 10 2022 I will join the call for the axe to fall - but as baffled and disappointed as I am like any Dogs fan we haven’t improved (and actually regressed) this year - I definitely believe we have a morale problem as part of our bad roster balance (we should never have 15 off contract at once - probably 8-10 to leave). Manly are a good side but not 66-0 good. I think some players have already checked out and we just need to get to September, break out the bleach and give the joint a hell of a scrub. Hopefully the last September scrub for a while.

I don’t know where forwards will come from - but there’s opportunities - Marty Tapau being one and even though I don’t really want him, TPJ is another. I’m sure the club are not doing nothing about that.

The rules can’t be changed mid-season (well, with the Covid exception of set restarts last year) so interested to see how they spin any changes for 2022. Not sure if it’s just me but I reckon the number of set restarts is dropping and sin bins from high shots too. We’ll see.
Agree with most mate except for Fbaz.. He is fucking nowhere and although I am not calling for him to go (because it won’t happen until next year at the earliest) we need to make appropriate changes now to help the situation short and long term.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Found this online
Petition against VLANDYS