Vintage Australian ice cream/ lollies

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This thread has brought back some memories from the back of my old brain.

One of those memories is the purchasing of Scanlens Wacky Plaks in my school days in the 60's. These were packs of bubble gum with a funny (?) card inside.

One of these cards is shown - I went to a catholic school and the principal banned Wacky Plaks from the school because this card was so vulgar, maybe even obscene! Ridiculous!

Attachments

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

One of those memories is the purchasing of Scanlens Wacky Plaks in my school days in the 60's. These were packs of bubble gum with a funny (?) card inside.

One of these cards is shown - I went to a catholic school and the principal banned Wacky Plaks from the school because this card was so vulgar, maybe even obscene! Ridiculous!
I remember these. My uncle got some when I was young. I thought they were great, I couldn’t remember what these were called a while ago. You made my day.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remember these. My uncle got some when I was young. I thought they were great, I couldn’t remember what these were called a while ago. You made my day.
Thanks DA, making your day has made my day.

Another memory I have had is buying Nestle chocolate bars in the 60's, pre decimal, for I think, 3d, 6d and 2 shillings, and they contained cards with pictures of military planes. The packaging on the image rings a bell but I can't find anything online about these chocolate bars. Does anyone have a better memory than me about these?

Attachments

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look how much a set of these is currently getting sold for https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1253062...06yvSUbQGq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you remember these, early 80’s for me. Second ad looks a lot older, not sure of year. Last one - ad in 1971.

Attachments

Last edited: