Opinion Video Ref or no video ref?

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The game needs to address the inconsistences in the bunker and their decisions and what they can and can't rule on. I for believe if they what them to contribute to the decisions, then it must be all decisions. FORWARD passes included. What I saw tonight has made me rethink if I want to watch the crap that is dished up every week since the NRL has F#ck with the rules. I'm pretty close to being over it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its odd they can't look at forward passes that lead to tries in the same play but can call back a tackle 4-5 tackles earlier for a non incident to penalise and sin bin a player plus turn possession over

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
May as well be done all upstairs. Everything looked at an checked an have no officials on field. The seem to make very bad decisions anyway. And the calls are messy to suit the given agenda an corruption.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are we seriously going to trust the bunker on calling forward passes?

Fuck off all the technology and just call the game for what it is.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just get sooo frustrated at the amount they miss. I can't afford anymore TV's.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we seriously going to trust the bunker on calling forward passes?

Fuck off all the technology and just call the game for what it is.
100%, even if they brought it in only for the howlers, they’d end up fucking it up and ruling flat passes forward.

Blow up the bunker

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bunker makes some really bad decisions. But if they got rid of it. They would have to stop showing replays. The fans would be in meltdown.

My thoughts:
The Bunker should be expanded to 5 independent judges. All seperate from each other without communicating at all.

Each official independently gives their decision. Try or No Try. Sinbin or no sinbin and yes forward pass or no forward pass.

Majority rules

The problem of one person making a decision is they can still have a howler.

Opening it up to a panel of 5 people reduces the howler risk.

The same panel of 5 should do every game of the round. Keeping rulings consistent.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bunker and the refs aren’t the problem, it’s the lack of accountability when they make blatant fuck ups week after week and continue to draw their 300k salary without even an explanation. Game officials have become a protected species. They are controlling the outcomes of games more and more and often through obviously wrong decisions and that naturally leads fans to scream Corruption.But it will be business as usual this week for Anisely,Sutton,Cummins etc, nothing to see here.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The game needs to address the inconsistences in the bunker and their decisions and what they can and can't rule on. I for believe if they what them to contribute to the decisions, then it must be all decisions. FORWARD passes included. What I saw tonight has made me rethink if I want to watch the crap that is dished up every week since the NRL has F#ck with the rules. I'm pretty close to being over it.
There have been so many changes to the rules in the NRL with the bunker now ingrained in the officiating that there is no way of going back to a time without it.
Once you had a ref and 2 linesman officiating a game.
Now you have chief officiator making decisions sitting in a room somewhere based on review.

Here is just one clusterfuk entrenched into the game because we have a bunker - milking.
Broncos/Raiders last night. There were a number of players refusing to play the ball. They were staying down on the field trying to milk penalties.
They are well enough to sit there on there knees faking it and putting on a show or the shake of the head saying come on ref but they wont play the ball. Just send them to the bin for 10 minutes for continually failing to obey a directive from the ref.
But no the NRL continues to allow it to happen.
You get an accidental light tap to the back of the head playing a contact sport at pace, lay down, the bunker will review it slow motion for the spectacle on the screen and player welfare and blah blah and you get a penalty. I bet if you slowed down every tackle, atleast a quarter or more the NRL could penalize a player on some trumped up charge. This is why players do it.
No bunker, no issue.

But thats just one example that the NRL has failed to deal with.

The bigger picture isnt even the tech, its the inconsistency and rules open to interpretation.
Ive thought for years the game has become too complex. Who'd want to be a ref?

Anyways, the NRL built it this way, there is no going back. There have been inconsistencies for years and we still seeing them every round.
I dont know what the answer to it is. But I dont get payed big dollars to sort it out.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The bunker makes some really bad decisions. But if they got rid of it. They would have to stop showing replays. The fans would be in meltdown.

My thoughts:
The Bunker should be expanded to 5 independent judges. All seperate from each other without communicating at all.

Each official independently gives their decision. Try or No Try. Sinbin or no sinbin and yes forward pass or no forward pass.

Majority rules

The problem of one person making a decision is they can still have a howler.

Opening it up to a panel of 5 people reduces the howler risk.

The same panel of 5 should do every game of the round. Keeping rulings consistent.
I'm open to this as long as decisions are transperant and don't take any longer than they currently do.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We did have replays before the bunker was introduced tho.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's the difference between an obstruction or a forward pass? Both are illegal plays and both affect the outcome of a play.

Therefore the Bunker NEEDS to be able to rule on Forward passes especially in try scoring abilities.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm open to this as long as decisions are transperant and don't take any longer than they currently do.
Absolutely it’s could be the same system. Everyone just independently makes the decision.

This way when the howler is made it has a redundancy of another 4 people.

It also has accountability on the person making the howler. Without them effecting the game outcome

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should just rule on tries nothing else but I’d consider a var type system on foul play

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Its just really crap viewing. The rules. The 6 agains. The penalties. The new rules. The bunker. The shit refs. Whole thing is a turd. I can’t even get out of first gear and its like round 6 already.