Opinion Very Interesting Game Tonight …

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn’t the warriors ceo it was their major sponsor ceo
My view has always been that the bunkers actually doing 70% of the refereeing via the mic’s, that’s what’s making it difficult for the on field ref’s to concentrate … they’ve become on field puppets ..

The day the referees get the mic’s of their heads will be the day the game starts getting refereed impartially again ..

Wasn’t the Bunker originally a Des Hasler idea ?

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dont buy into the "cheating refs" that seems to be the topic of conversation.
The biggest problem, apart from our common mistakes, is the bunker.
They seem to adjudicate on everything from a hundred miles away. Even then they seem to get it wrong.
Might be time to revert to the old system of one referee.
Well yes I’d agree. Everything minor gets reviewed by the Bunker. What bugs me more is the clangers. Ie occasions, often in lead up play, there is clearly a very questionable decision or clanger made by the ref, directly impacting stoppage/ play on, try/no try, possession & the Bunker does not seem to have the power to intervene or call out the clanger. Eg perhaps Walsh’s shoulder charge on Olam no try, should have been penalty to Storm (?) Was not even discussed. Clear Falcon by a player, was called a knock on etc

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reffs will ruin the game.. they have to much control add we’ve all seen. It’s not about the best team wining on the day… it’s about the reff deciding whom he wants to win and betting agency’s.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's way too much time wasted talking or worrying about refs on here. We are what our record says we are. The vast majority of the calls against us are warranted because we're an ill disciplined team with some sloppy defenders.

Obviously we've had some howlers against us but I don't go into games worrying about the refs, I worry about how we play and the opposition. Thankfully the coaches and players have the same mentality.
Yes yes and yes, nothing more to add..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kiraz, Averillo, Alamoti, Burton, King, Mahoney and Preston (7/13) would all make Warrior 13. On paper we should be at least competitive in this game. I'm tipping 1-12 Warrior but there should be a decent chance for an upset. Anything less isn't good enough. I couldn't give a shit about the referees, they're poor for everyone.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every fan just wants to watch their team play good hard footy and enjoy a good competitive game … but that doesn’t mean fans should just be in denial about this mission the referees are on at the moment, because there’s no hiding from the fact it’s ruining games.

Melbourne v Bronco’s last night …. Should have just been a great contest between 2 good footy teams, instead we have 17 penalties, 4 players sin binned and who knows how many 6 agains, instead of talking about a great contest it’s all about the referees again.

Imagine if coaches and players didn’t go into games worrying about the referees and this mission they’re on, they can’t afford to end up on the wrong side of it can they, so players are struggling to 100% focus on playing good footy because they’re constantly trying to play and tackle in a way that doesn’t get them 10 in the bin.

Although you can’t deny the biggest topic in the game right now is this mission the ref’s are on … I mentioned in the opening lines, this particular thread isn’t about ref bashing or worrying about them.

This was a simple question to k members …

Do we feel the ref’s will be impartial tonight or will the emotion of publicly getting called cheats and told they’re bias get the better of them, and if it does get the better of them, which way do we feel the hammer will swing.
By creating the thread are you not worrying about them?..I'd suggest if you're not your at least fuelling the fire for some who start worrying about this up to 5 days before a game!
Not bagging you just expressing my thoughts.
Will we get a fair shake? Idk but there will be fuck ups for sure it's a regular thing these days.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ll that’s thing people don’t realise half the calls are from the bunker not the on field referees but they cop most of the criticism..
Well, we are Fucked anyway because Sutton is in the Bunker (JUDGE), Little brother Sutton is touch judge (JURY) and Commings is the Reff (EXECUTIONER ) Verdict - GUILTY

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, after the Sponsor called the refs cheats and made the entire narrative out to be the Warriors are being robbed we are fucked.

The NRL will put another team on the Gold Coast before allowing that to be the perception.

Prepare to be on the end of an absolute hiding by the refs.
I have a gut feeling that's going to be the end result.

IF we are going to win this, we are going to need to start the game like we've been shot out of a cannon, and keep a lead big enough that the refs cannot influence the game.

Are we capable of that against the Warriors? Well, I'd have to say no there.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By creating the thread are you not worrying about them?..I'd suggest if you're not your at least fuelling the fire for some who start worrying about this up to 5 days before a game!
Not bagging you just expressing my thoughts.
Will we get a fair shake? Idk but there will be fuck ups for sure it's a regular thing these days.
I get what your saying and it’s a fair comment.

My point with this thread is more around if we’d stood up earlier in the season, especially after the Preston sin bin, and been more vocal about getting hammered with these penalties & wrong calls, might it have changed the amount of we get, and don’t get?

K members here saying after the Warriors have stood up and called out the referees that they’ll now get the ref’s favour, if that’s the case why haven’t we spoken out earlier?

That what I mean when I say I’ll be interesting to see how the adjudicating will play out tonight.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can someone throw a jersey on big Willie and get him out there.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is not meant to be a whinging about ref’s thread, it’s not a ref bashing or conspiracy theory thread … it’s simply something I wanted to discuss with k members before tonight’s game.

I was filthy after our first game against Manly with Flanagan coping 10 for barely touching Turbo, I don’t know if we go on to win that game or not if he hadn’t been binned, but it definitely heavily turned the momentum in Manly’s favour, 3 try’s while he was off if I remember correctly.

I then voiced my frustration on the K here after the ridiculous Preston sin bin that gave Souths the momentum to go on and put 50 on us.

I mentioned that I thought it was time our club stood up and called out the ref’s or we’d continue to get hammered by them, here we are now the most penalised club this year, plus I think (not 100% sure) that our clubs had the most amount of players binned.

I understand CC’s no blame concept, and I fully understand what he’s trying to do there.

But now that a club has stood up and heavily called the referees out, it’s going to be interesting to watch how this game plays out tonight.

How will the referees respond after the allegations from the Warriors CEO last week, was there allegation of cheating, bias, and that his club is the most disadvantaged by the ref’s in the game, Fittler has recently come out and actually said their CEO could face legal implications over what was said.

The question is, are the referee head honcho’s pissed off about what he said, so they come out and absolutely hammer them, or are they wary about being called out and looking to make them all happy again and give them piggy backs all game.

I don’t know how the Warriors CEO can come out and say they are the most disadvantaged club by the referees when we’re the most penalised club in the comp, plus they were recently gifted 2 points the last game against us with that ridiculous try thats been a no try because of obstruction in every game since then, and every game before that call.

If we get micro ref’d tonight and Warrior get all the favours, or we have players binned and they don’t, someone at the club needs to stand up and ask some serious questions.

I feel it’s a tricky situation for the referees tonight after being called out, how do you see it playing out ?
well they definitely got every call

and we as usual definitely got fuck all

i cant believe how many penalties we were robbed for tonight, as usual nothing inside the 40 and almost nothing at all, warriors deadset slouched the fuck over us and were not once sent off for it despite repeated infringements in our 40 and their try line, burto taken out, reynolds taken out, tries taken off... this is deadset blatant as fuck

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After publicly critizing the refs. Warriors were never losing this game.
See the Refs treated the Warriors fairly.....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Or... We just got our asses kicked by a better team.

Again, it's not the refs fault we concede soft tries and allow players to make 30 metre runs after initial contact regularly.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We didn’t lose because the Warriors got a few 50 50s. We lost because they ran harder, tackled harder, kept a better defensive structure and had SJ. Also helped that they have an NRL standard FB. Blaming refs last night is a cop out. When it’s a tight one and the boys have put in, those 50 50 calls matter but not last night

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kiraz, Averillo, Alamoti, Burton, King, Mahoney and Preston (7/13) would all make Warrior 13. On paper we should be at least competitive in this game. I'm tipping 1-12 Warrior but there should be a decent chance for an upset. Anything less isn't good enough. I couldn't give a shit about the referees, they're poor for everyone.
Good tip

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Or... We just got our asses kicked by a better team.

Again, it's not the refs fault we concede soft tries and allow players to make 30 metre runs after initial contact regularly.
Agree. I actually thought we got a fair go for the most part from the refs in this game but warriors were much much better you could see they really wanted to win. After the Penrith loss they were super fired up.