Opinion Very Interesting Game Tonight …

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not meant to be a whinging about ref’s thread, it’s not a ref bashing or conspiracy theory thread … it’s simply something I wanted to discuss with k members before tonight’s game.

I was filthy after our first game against Manly with Flanagan coping 10 for barely touching Turbo, I don’t know if we go on to win that game or not if he hadn’t been binned, but it definitely heavily turned the momentum in Manly’s favour, 3 try’s while he was off if I remember correctly.

I then voiced my frustration on the K here after the ridiculous Preston sin bin that gave Souths the momentum to go on and put 50 on us.

I mentioned that I thought it was time our club stood up and called out the ref’s or we’d continue to get hammered by them, here we are now the most penalised club this year, plus I think (not 100% sure) that our clubs had the most amount of players binned.

I understand CC’s no blame concept, and I fully understand what he’s trying to do there.

But now that a club has stood up and heavily called the referees out, it’s going to be interesting to watch how this game plays out tonight.

How will the referees respond after the allegations from the Warriors CEO last week, was there allegation of cheating, bias, and that his club is the most disadvantaged by the ref’s in the game, Fittler has recently come out and actually said their CEO could face legal implications over what was said.

The question is, are the referee head honcho’s pissed off about what he said, so they come out and absolutely hammer them, or are they wary about being called out and looking to make them all happy again and give them piggy backs all game.

I don’t know how the Warriors CEO can come out and say they are the most disadvantaged club by the referees when we’re the most penalised club in the comp, plus they were recently gifted 2 points the last game against us with that ridiculous try thats been a no try because of obstruction in every game since then, and every game before that call.

If we get micro ref’d tonight and Warrior get all the favours, or we have players binned and they don’t, someone at the club needs to stand up and ask some serious questions.

I feel it’s a tricky situation for the referees tonight after being called out, how do you see it playing out ?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Well warriors have received more penalities and had less penalities awarded against them compared to the Bulldogs. So really if the Warriors win the count it would be just business as usual. NRL was lucky that the Warriors played the Bulldogs next.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's way too much time wasted talking or worrying about refs on here. We are what our record says we are. The vast majority of the calls against us are warranted because we're an ill disciplined team with some sloppy defenders.

Obviously we've had some howlers against us but I don't go into games worrying about the refs, I worry about how we play and the opposition. Thankfully the coaches and players have the same mentality.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be looking with considerable interest to see who gets the first penalty (inc set restarts) tonight. So far that is the best predictor (70%) of whether we win or lose the game.

Always a Bulldog

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'll be looking with considerable interest to see who gets the first penalty (inc set restarts) tonight. So far that is the best predictor (70%) of whether we win or lose the game.

Always a Bulldog
Mate, after the Sponsor called the refs cheats and made the entire narrative out to be the Warriors are being robbed we are fucked.

The NRL will put another team on the Gold Coast before allowing that to be the perception.

Prepare to be on the end of an absolute hiding by the refs.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After last nights game you can’t say it is a conspiracy against any team the refereeing is just piss poor across the board
They won't improve if they are above reproach, I can't blame them solely - if they weren't doing the bidding of their masters then they wouldn't be getting picked every week. Some of those calls by the bunker make absolutely no sense, long time footy fabs shouldn't be left scratching their heads at "interpretations" and Annesley needs to stop trying to defend the rubbish we see so many times a week, admit they fucked up and try to figure out how to do it better.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate, after the Sponsor called the refs cheats and made the entire narrative out to be the Warriors are being robbed we are fucked.

The NRL will put another team on the Gold Coast before allowing that to be the perception.

Prepare to be on the end of an absolute hiding by the refs.
No penalties or 6 agains 2nite.
Bank it

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's way too much time wasted talking or worrying about refs on here. We are what our record says we are. The vast majority of the calls against us are warranted because we're an ill disciplined team with some sloppy defenders.

Obviously we've had some howlers against us but I don't go into games worrying about the refs, I worry about how we play and the opposition. Thankfully the coaches and players have the same mentality.
Totly agree. Sure we get fucked by the refs every game, but it happens in every game. Lookat the sin bins last night. FMD.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Every fan just wants to watch their team play good hard footy and enjoy a good competitive game … but that doesn’t mean fans should just be in denial about this mission the referees are on at the moment, because there’s no hiding from the fact it’s ruining games.

Melbourne v Bronco’s last night …. Should have just been a great contest between 2 good footy teams, instead we have 17 penalties, 4 players sin binned and who knows how many 6 agains, instead of talking about a great contest it’s all about the referees again.

Imagine if coaches and players didn’t go into games worrying about the referees and this mission they’re on, they can’t afford to end up on the wrong side of it can they, so players are struggling to 100% focus on playing good footy because they’re constantly trying to play and tackle in a way that doesn’t get them 10 in the bin.

Although you can’t deny the biggest topic in the game right now is this mission the ref’s are on … I mentioned in the opening lines, this particular thread isn’t about ref bashing or worrying about them.

This was a simple question to k members …

Do we feel the ref’s will be impartial tonight or will the emotion of publicly getting called cheats and told they’re bias get the better of them, and if it does get the better of them, which way do we feel the hammer will swing.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every fan just wants to watch their team play good hard footy and enjoy a good competitive game … but that doesn’t mean fans should just be in denial about this mission the referees are on at the moment, because there’s no hiding from the fact it’s ruining games.

Melbourne v Bronco’s last night …. Should have just been a great contest between 2 good footy teams, instead we have 17 penalties, 4 players sin binned and who knows how many 6 agains, instead of talking about a great contest it’s all about the referees again.

Imagine if coaches and players didn’t go into games worrying about the referees and this mission they’re on, they can’t afford to end up on the wrong side of it can they, so players are struggling to 100% focus on playing good footy because they’re constantly trying to play and tackle in a way that doesn’t get them 10 in the bin.

Although you can’t deny the biggest topic in the game right now is this mission the ref’s are on … I mentioned in the opening lines, this particular thread isn’t about ref bashing or worrying about them.

This was a simple question to k members …

Do we feel the ref’s will be impartial tonight or will the emotion of publicly getting called cheats and told they’re bias get the better of them, and if it does get the better of them, which way do we feel the hammer will swing.
The refs and rules, sin bins, crackdowns, six agains etc have absolutely ruined the game and is driving fans away but that's a problem for the whole code, not just us. Either way the players and coaches have to accept that's the way it is right now and try and adjust as much as possible.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone have the penalty and six again counts from the Titans vs Parra game last Sunday night (Magic Round)? I can't recall many/any six-agains being called and didn't seem that anyone was talking about the refereeing after the game.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I bet the warriors will get the first penalty within the first 2 minutes putting us on the back foot.
Then if we don’t crack and we end up scoring first, one of our players will be sent to the bin.
Watch this space!

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Both teams last night were pushing the boundaries in the ruck so much that there were times I wondered if the ref still had control of the game. There were some bad refereeing decisions in that game but both teams were breaking the rules repeatedly. It's not all on the refs is my take.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont buy into the "cheating refs" that seems to be the topic of conversation.
The biggest problem, apart from our common mistakes, is the bunker.
They seem to adjudicate on everything from a hundred miles away. Even then they seem to get it wrong.
Might be time to revert to the old system of one referee.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is not meant to be a whinging about ref’s thread, it’s not a ref bashing or conspiracy theory thread … it’s simply something I wanted to discuss with k members before tonight’s game.

I was filthy after our first game against Manly with Flanagan coping 10 for barely touching Turbo, I don’t know if we go on to win that game or not if he hadn’t been binned, but it definitely heavily turned the momentum in Manly’s favour, 3 try’s while he was off if I remember correctly.

I then voiced my frustration on the K here after the ridiculous Preston sin bin that gave Souths the momentum to go on and put 50 on us.

I mentioned that I thought it was time our club stood up and called out the ref’s or we’d continue to get hammered by them, here we are now the most penalised club this year, plus I think (not 100% sure) that our clubs had the most amount of players binned.

I understand CC’s no blame concept, and I fully understand what he’s trying to do there.

But now that a club has stood up and heavily called the referees out, it’s going to be interesting to watch how this game plays out tonight.

How will the referees respond after the allegations from the Warriors CEO last week, was there allegation of cheating, bias, and that his club is the most disadvantaged by the ref’s in the game, Fittler has recently come out and actually said their CEO could face legal implications over what was said.

The question is, are the referee head honcho’s pissed off about what he said, so they come out and absolutely hammer them, or are they wary about being called out and looking to make them all happy again and give them piggy backs all game.

I don’t know how the Warriors CEO can come out and say they are the most disadvantaged club by the referees when we’re the most penalised club in the comp, plus they were recently gifted 2 points the last game against us with that ridiculous try thats been a no try because of obstruction in every game since then, and every game before that call.

If we get micro ref’d tonight and Warrior get all the favours, or we have players binned and they don’t, someone at the club needs to stand up and ask some serious questions.

I feel it’s a tricky situation for the referees tonight after being called out, how do you see it playing out ?
It wasn’t the warriors ceo it was their major sponsor ceo

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They won't improve if they are above reproach, I can't blame them solely - if they weren't doing the bidding of their masters then they wouldn't be getting picked every week. Some of those calls by the bunker make absolutely no sense, long time footy fabs shouldn't be left scratching their heads at "interpretations" and Annesley needs to stop trying to defend the rubbish we see so many times a week, admit they fucked up and try to figure out how to do it better.
We’ll that’s thing people don’t realise half the calls are from the bunker not the on field referees but they cop most of the criticism..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have the penalty and six again counts from the Titans vs Parra game last Sunday night (Magic Round)? I can't recall many/any six-agains being called and didn't seem that anyone was talking about the refereeing after the game.
Titans 3 penalties - Parra 7 .. No 6 again ..

Titans 26 - Parra 24 …

Parra extra 4 penalties & 1 sin bin .. which was pretty much the difference in the end ..