Venting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok this is probably the longest thread I've ever written but I need to vent. Belmore was built up to be such a epic day with our season slowly going downhill with inconsistency. This is the time when we should have started our run to finals top 8 and even top 4.... But noooooo.... We came out looking like a rabble and just wasn't up for the challenge against a very average sharks side. (Des to blame for choosing the wrong halves combination? We will never know)

Ok we get over the Belmore game and say this was a hiccup which everyone knows shouldn't have been with the occasion. We kick off with roosters and they are all over us the first 14min. 22 unanswered points later and this could look like a cricket score. Like seriously wtf is going on behind close doors. The players just didn't seem interested and our so called massive front rowers got trampled on. I am sick to death hearing we are the biggest forward pack in the game bla bla bla when we get dominated up front almost every time we play anyone in the top 8. Yes we came back and scored 28 unanswered points. Yes I was happy and thinking this could change. But at the back of my mind I knew the roosters wouldn't just fold. There to good of a team to just give up.

My whole point is let's be real this season. Our coach is the so called best in the business and he can't even get his players to play a full 80min. There lack of enthusiasm and hunger just isn't there. There are glimpses of it during the game but that's just not good enough. This will all fall on deaf ears but we need change and now. I don't care if we lose every game for the rest of the year but I want things to be reshuffled. People are bagging out Perret. To be honest yes it was him that made the mistake of leaving the ball instead of tapping it dead but it should have never gotten to that point in the first place. Sitting down on the bench 3 of our starting front rowers for the last 15min and leaving a exhausted licha out there is just bad coaching on all levels.

Lafai needs to spend time in NSW cup and never come back till he is absolutely dominating there. Perret should be partnered with loko ( yes his untested but seriously he can't be worse then lafai) even if these changes are not going to happen we need some answers into why a international forward pack and representative players are just not playing to potential. I might be sounding like a sook but seriously we are the dogs of war and we have a side that can take out the comp. we struggle to win well against bottom 8 sides and get dominated by top 8 sides. Our position on the ladder speaks for itself and I've had enough of this supercoach crap. We need answers and need them now.

My question to you guys is what do you think we need to do? What changes need to be made? If no changes can be made this late in the season do you guys even think we will make the top 8?

My answer is yes we can make the top 8 but we need to dominate from kick off to the finishing siren against a Broncos outfit next week and continue from there. I'm so filthy with my team right now and it takes a lot for me to get to this point.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My comment, remember last year, bulldogs lost 7 out of last 9 games including the thrashing from reserve grade titans side in round 25, similar pathetic performances at the back end of the season and boom!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My comment, remember last year, bulldogs lost 7 out of last 9 games including the thrashing from reserve grade titans side in round 25, similar pathetic performances at the back end of the season and boom!
yeh but we had the points to cover us for the losses, this time we dont. If we do what we did last year we wont make the finals

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the way this season is going it looks like the 7th and 8th spot in the finals will be based on for and against, with our run home its going to be near impossible for us to get there on wins alone, and with big losses our season is now well and truly on the line

Boormdogs

New Pup
Reaction score
CB Doggies, I agree with you questioning what is going on behind closed doors. It has to come back to the coach. In des's first year to the grandfinal and all is good. Then a crappy year, followed by another crappy year, but somehow they find heart in the finals and Ed make the gf, but now another crappy year. Our roster is one of the best in the league and yet they play with no heart. Perret should go that was a school boy effort, Rona and Thompson should be no 1 wingers. But even so, perret isn't alone in playing badly. To me the biggest indication if des and his ineptitude, yes ineptitude, is that trex was in our team week in week out yet was one of the worst forwards in the comp, but des still picked him and picked him just to c trex cost us game after game including the gf. To me des has to go, I don't rate him a supercoach, he doesn't strike me as a man motivator, I think he is incompetent given the players he has to work with. I'm not sure if Jim dymock is around, but I would much rather c him given a shot than persist with underachieving. Hopefully he would have the balks to sack underachieving players and promote a positive culture rather than the sooky soft culture des has created. I've been supporting the dogs for 39 years and the only other time I have seen the same crappy lackluster efforts was towards the backend of masons time when he single handedly destroyed the culture of the club, like he dies at every club he plays for. Short answer: sack des, and sack perret. Longer answer: they won't sack des cause of his rep, but des needs to get some balls and sack perret to show that players are accountable for their stuff ups and maybe that will show others to pull there socks up and focus properly. I'm with you, very angry at slack arse effort after slack arse effort

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok this is probably the longest thread I've ever written but I need to vent. Belmore was built up to be such a epic day with our season slowly going downhill with inconsistency. This is the time when we should have started our run to finals top 8 and even top 4.... But noooooo.... We came out looking like a rabble and just wasn't up for the challenge against a very average sharks side. (Des to blame for choosing the wrong halves combination? We will never know)

Ok we get over the Belmore game and say this was a hiccup which everyone knows shouldn't have been with the occasion. We kick off with roosters and they are all over us the first 14min. 22 unanswered points later and this could look like a cricket score. Like seriously wtf is going on behind close doors. The players just didn't seem interested and our so called massive front rowers got trampled on. I am sick to death hearing we are the biggest forward pack in the game bla bla bla when we get dominated up front almost every time we play anyone in the top 8. Yes we came back and scored 28 unanswered points. Yes I was happy and thinking this could change. But at the back of my mind I knew the roosters wouldn't just fold. There to good of a team to just give up.

My whole point is let's be real this season. Our coach is the so called best in the business and he can't even get his players to play a full 80min. There lack of enthusiasm and hunger just isn't there. There are glimpses of it during the game but that's just not good enough. This will all fall on deaf ears but we need change and now. I don't care if we lose every game for the rest of the year but I want things to be reshuffled. People are bagging out Perret. To be honest yes it was him that made the mistake of leaving the ball instead of tapping it dead but it should have never gotten to that point in the first place. Sitting down on the bench 3 of our starting front rowers for the last 15min and leaving a exhausted licha out there is just bad coaching on all levels.

Lafai needs to spend time in NSW cup and never come back till he is absolutely dominating there. Perret should be partnered with loko ( yes his untested but seriously he can't be worse then lafai) even if these changes are not going to happen we need some answers into why a international forward pack and representative players are just not playing to potential. I might be sounding like a sook but seriously we are the dogs of war and we have a side that can take out the comp. we struggle to win well against bottom 8 sides and get dominated by top 8 sides. Our position on the ladder speaks for itself and I've had enough of this supercoach crap. We need answers and need them now.

My question to you guys is what do you think we need to do? What changes need to be made? If no changes can be made this late in the season do you guys even think we will make the top 8?

My answer is yes we can make the top 8 but we need to dominate from kick off to the finishing siren against a Broncos outfit next week and continue from there. I'm so filthy with my team right now and it takes a lot for me to get to this point.
It needs to be said. You speak as a true Bulldog supporter, not wanting to bag out any one player or coach, but just frustrated at the inability of the sheer talent we have to achieve a simple, good 80 minute game.

Sure, we must make changes; but I fear that the ingrained defeatist attitude runs too deep to turn around our season for 2015. Yet, again I have to look to "next year" as a better one for the Dogs. How long can we accept this as our status quo?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with everyone and I swear I havnt been so frustrated and pissed off over a loss in ages. I think it was just a build up through the year but me having to tell myself excuses like injury and soo. But cmon all that is dusted now and yes we still have injury but don't tell me we don't have the talent across the park to hurt other sides. It's all about attitude and heart and commitment. That's all us supporters wana see not for 60-70 or even 79mintues. I want the whole 80min is that to much to ask for.

On a side note I deep down think our season is over. But I just can't help but think we still have a chance. If we lose against Broncs then I'm prepared to say it's over. Let's hope they come out hungry next week and show the comp we ain't pretenders.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got Knights with no Mullen, Titans and Warriors with no Johnson. I hope we will get those games and one of the other ones left. If we can play like we did last night I think we can still make the 8. The Roosters came flying out of the blocks last night and scored a few tries from kicks. We still managed to come back and if that touch judge made the right call on that winger going out, momentum wouldn't have been so strongly in the roosters favor.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too many plodders being selected after bad efforts.. Lafai, Perrett, Kasiano & T Rex have all had terrible year(s) yet none have been dropped

Complete opposite style to Mcquire whos dropped some of the biggest names at Souths over the years: Burgesses, Luke, Asotasi, etc etc

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's what I've been saying... The coac holds all the responsibility. Yes the players do also but for example. Manly.... They dished out crap all hear but managed some nice wins when the pressure was off tooves. It all begins with the guys in charge... Without Moses our attacking is non existent. I must also say I love graham but his been average at best this year with the time his had.

Ps... If we are honest with ourselves one player that won roosters the game in the last 10min was hargraves (however you spell his name)... He absalouty terrorised our forwards and des decides to sit down our starting pack lol.... That lol was a pathetic lol if you wanted to know

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
If Lafai was dropped a lot earlier this year he wouldn't be playing like a total ****ing useless ****

he obviously has the talent we all saw it last year so drop the ****ing retard already des and give him a wake up call

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we need to sign a big name player in the offseason for fullback

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many plodders being selected after bad efforts.. Lafai, Perrett, Kasiano & T Rex have all had terrible year(s) yet none have been dropped

Complete opposite style to Mcquire whos dropped some of the biggest names at Souths over the years: Burgesses, Luke, Asotasi, etc etc
Kasiano did you watch last night

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Its not like our reserve team are going any good to get players back into form, the club needs to threaten their pay not their play to get them playing better lol.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with everyone and I swear I havnt been so frustrated and pissed off over a loss in ages. I think it was just a build up through the year but me having to tell myself excuses like injury and soo. But cmon all that is dusted now and yes we still have injury but don't tell me we don't have the talent across the park to hurt other sides. It's all about attitude and heart and commitment. That's all us supporters wana see not for 60-70 or even 79mintues. I want the whole 80min is that to much to ask for.

On a side note I deep down think our season is over. But I just can't help but think we still have a chance. If we lose against Broncs then I'm prepared to say it's over. Let's hope they come out hungry next week and show the comp we ain't pretenders.
I honestly believe Hasler's conservative game plan is hurting us but we lack a long distance and short kicking game......this is why we are always on the back foot and we hardly get quality possession in the oppositions red zone. We also lack another quality winger and centre. We have not evolved. Other teams have and we have failed to keep up.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last night Moses had 3 try assists. If we manage to make the 8 and Reynolds is fit I bet Des drops Moses and puts Reynolds back into the side.

Sadly we're very far off those top teams like Nth Qld, Broncos and Roosters in terms of form.

Previous years have shown those form teams get to the GF and win and history shows inconsistent teams like us will eventually face issues like fatigue (from having to get there the hard way) and it is near impossible to win it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yeh but we had the points to cover us for the losses, this time we dont. If we do what we did last year we wont make the finals
At the moment we are hanging in there by the skin of our teeth and thankfully, or luckily, whichever way you want to look at it , so far this weekend other teams are helping us stay in the eight at least for another week. We are not helping ourselves with our constant switching off during games, trying to defend a lead with twenty five minutes to go is a nonsense and our for and against is a worry with the table so congested. We are conceding so many easy points and other than the thirty minutes of scoring in last nights game have showed no real urgency ourselves in attack.The top three teams are just rolling along and putting a bigger gap between them and the rest of the eight. The Sharks for heaven's sake are now in fifth spot four points ahead of us and their for and against is worse than ours.
I don't want to give up on the boys just yet but they are just making it so difficult to have any real confidence in them turning the disappointing performances this year around. Stranger things have happened I guess but it will not sit well with me if we limp into the finals to just become cannon fodder for the other, better performing sides.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In saying that Broncos are playing very average and manly are playing manly football finally. I can honestly say I think manly will make the 8 if they keep up this recent form. Funny how confidence makes a massive difference. We need this win against the Broncs....then I think with that win we can continue but wow it ain't gona be easy with the way we been travelling..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Errr bit hard for him to partner with Loko... he's out with a knee injury again.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the moment we are hanging in there by the skin of our teeth and thankfully, or luckily, whichever way you want to look at it , so far this weekend other teams are helping us stay in the eight at least for another week.
Funny enough we shouldn't of made the 8 last year but the lower teams helped us out like they did this weekend. Warriors and broncos lost their last game which stopped both teams bumping us out of the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.