News Vale Troy Dargan (current Canberra Raiders player)

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Horrible news. His families Christmas will neve be the same.
It says he’s Canberra but you will remember him as a south’s player. He filled into nrl a couple of times and was a bit overwhelmed. This was just last couple of years too.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I pray that his family and friends have the strenght to make it through this.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Very sad news
Parra junior who was hailed as the next great half at parra
Was coached by a few friends of mine
Sad sad day RIP

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A tragedy. Taken far far too soon. RIP. Condolences to his family and friends.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
horrible news thoughts go out to his family and loved ones

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So apparently police are saying he was intoxicated and wasn’t wearing a helmet.
Still sad news RIP.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I mean I’m not happy a young bloke has died but speeding on a motorbike without a helmet and drunk is a sure way to go to an early grave. It never ceases to amaze me that people continue to do this. Even worse when they haven’t even ridden before. I mean wtf do you think it’s a game?

Frankly, it annoys me that a gofundme raised almost 30k (probably more now) for the family when it was clearly his own doing. Sure they have still lost a son etc, and want to repatriate him, but it shits me to tears when one of the first thoughts is “ we should make a gofundme”.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I mean I’m not happy a young bloke has died but speeding on a motorbike without a helmet and drunk is a sure way to go to an early grave. It never ceases to amaze me that people continue to do this. Even worse when they haven’t even ridden before. I mean wtf do you think it’s a game?

Frankly, it annoys me that a gofundme raised almost 30k (probably more now) for the family when it was clearly his own doing. Sure they have still lost a son etc, and want to repatriate him, but it shits me to tears when one of the first thoughts is “ we should make a gofundme”.
People make mistakes Uleh. In Bali, nearly every day there are foreigners riding motorbikes and scooters without helmets.
If we only feel sorry for people who died due to no choice of their own we would have lost our humanity.

Imagine if you got a call one day and it was from your son and he said ‘dad I’m in hospital. Did 5 lines and a bottle of Henny followed by an 8 ball of Perus finest while a Thai hooker bounced on my ass yo and I need help’

Would you say ‘screw you for doing dumb shit’ or would you help him?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very sad to hear and horrible for the family, especially around Xmas.. RIP.. It's been a tough year for the Rugby League community with lots of young men dying way too soon.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

A bit concerning this is what you get out of all of this.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Very heartless mate imo
Fmd back in bali 30 years ago we did this every night

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very heartless mate imo
Fmd back in bali 30 years ago we did this every night
I expected this and I’m sorry for his friends and family’s loss.

People are still doing it in Bali and other island nations, and it is baffling. It wasn’t smart back then, just as it isn’t now. Why do so many think they’re somehow impervious because they’re in a foreign country?! It’s even more dangerous as the road rules are often lax and other drivers are often less skilled. Even the morons that hoon up and down the streets in povo Sydney areas wear helmets usually.

Not only did he kill himself, he put others in danger. Yes it’s tragic, but I will never apologise for being critical of drunk driving. This is the reality of the situation and yet dumb people just think young guy died overseas we must donate. $70k raised for someone making terrible choices.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I expected this and I’m sorry for his friends and family’s loss.

People are still doing it in Bali and other island nations, and it is baffling. It wasn’t smart back then, just as it isn’t now. Why do so many think they’re somehow impervious because they’re in a foreign country?! It’s even more dangerous as the road rules are often lax and other drivers are often less skilled. Even the morons that hoon up and down the streets in povo Sydney areas wear helmets usually.

Not only did he kill himself, he put others in danger. Yes it’s tragic, but I will never apologise for being critical of drunk driving. This is the reality of the situation and yet dumb people just think young guy died overseas we must donate. $70k raised for someone making terrible choices.
Regardless of how it happened, the fact is he lost his life and it's a tragedy for his family. At Xmas time no less. So either way, this is a time to be respectful and mournful and nothing else..

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well
Regardless of how it happened, the fact is he lost his life and it's a tragedy for his family. At Xmas time no less. So either way, this is a time to be respectful and mournful and nothing else..
Well said

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To the detractor.. sadly they don't or are unable to think at all when drunk as mate.
I got done twice when I was 18 and 21 not proud of it at all but I would guess half the adults on the planet have driven drunk at some point.
Yes its wrong and against the law but he still shouldn't be crucified imo, the young bloke is gone forever and he certainly didnt deserve to die for this grave error.Thankfully he didn't harm anyone else.

RIP.