News Vale Carl Webb 1981-2023 sadly passes away

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just seen up on Nrl nine Facebook page

Rugby league is in mourning after the death of former Queensland and Broncos star Carl Webb at age 42.

Webb died on Thursday night following a four-year battle with motor neurone disease.

It is understood he died after a fall at his home
Probably couldn't lift his arms quick enough to break the fall very sad.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is it from a fall though?? Not trying to be disrespectful, yet unsure how he could even get to that position. Unless it was under the guidance of someone else
He seemed to be walking sort of ok.

Maybe he couldn't break his fall, as his hands etc were useless.

My Dad couldn't walk in the end, but was able to use his hands.

MND affects people differently

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is it from a fall though?? Not trying to be disrespectful, yet unsure how he could even get to that position. Unless it was under the guidance of someone else
The problem is you lose muscle control, so you need help standing, showering, toileting... but because your muscles don't work it's a lot of weight for a helper to hold (cause you have to carry the whole load).. I know with my mate, he was 6'4" tall and even though in the end he was mostly skin and bones he was still heavy to hold up in a standing position, because their whole body flops around... and I'd imagine Webb still weighed a decent amount

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mnd progression can be very rapid.. lost someone close a couple of years ago.. was only 38. He caught a cold but he didn't have the ability to cough up the phlegm.. horrible horrible stuff
Not sure if I explained that very well.. he had well developed mnd at the time when he caught the cold.. but when you're that sick things can go downhill very quickly

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RIP Carl. Will always remember that tackle of him on top of Bailey.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He seemed to be walking sort of ok.

Maybe he couldn't break his fall, as his hands etc were useless.

My Dad couldn't walk in the end, but was able to use his hands.

MND affects people differently
That’s horrible, sorry u had to witness ur dad go through this disease. I don’t know enough about it, assumed all people went through same stages.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rip Carl

Condolences to his family friends and fans. 42 is way too young to go.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was genuinely fearsome in his day.
To be ground down by MND would be a horrible way to to.
Rest easy big fella.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's horrible to hear. I was aware he had MND but didn't realise he was this bad.. RIP.. Thoughts go out to his family. He was a great impact forward that died way too young. He'll be missed..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was genuinely fearsome in his day.
To be ground down by MND would be a horrible way to to.
Rest easy big fella.
Players genuinely feared playing against him too, I remember he once got the better of SBW in a tackle, something that you didn't normally see.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sad fact.

There are about 2000 people in Australia with MND.

Every day 2 people are diagnosed with it & 2 people die from it.

I am no expert on it, but I think it has something to do with weed killer (round up)

My Dad was an avid gardener & used round up, like it was water.

Lots of Football players have gotten it. And they train & play on grass. Which would have had weed killer on it.

Don't know if the members on here, who knew someone who died from MND we into gardening or played a sport on grass.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad fact.

There are about 2000 people in Australia with MND.

Every day 2 people are diagnosed with it & 2 people die from it.

I am no expert on it, but I think it has something to do with weed killer (round up)

My Dad was an avid gardener & used round up, like it was water.

Lots of Football players have gotten it. And they train & play on grass. Which would have had weed killer on it.

Don't know if the members on here, who knew someone who died from MND we into gardening or played a sport on grass.
Wow...I wasn't aware of this. I hope it's not the case. If it's that obvious, then something needs to be done about it.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Players genuinely feared playing against him too, I remember he once got the better of SBW in a tackle, something that you didn't normally see.
I don't think there's a kenneler amongst us, who, both in their prime, would put their body in front of him, on either side of the ball.
Genuinely scary footballer.
I remember him absolutely owning Luke Bailey in SOO with that shitty Q shaved in his head.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Round 4 game next year between the Broncos & Cowboys will be dedicated to Carl Webb & they will be raising money for the Carl Webb foundation.

This is a nice way for his family to remember him as he was one of the greats … and cult status in the game…condolences to the family.