V8 supercars - Nissan joins in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
doesnt matter either way... FORD all the way... cept im a Craig Lowndes fan... Lowndes all the way
Lowndes is a gun, and a top bloke too. I met him once, real easy going, down to earth bloke ! F**k I hope he defects to nissan ! lol.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lowndes is a gun, and a top bloke too. I met him once, real easy going, down to earth bloke ! F**k I hope he defects to nissan ! lol.
Yeah he's really nice, he's been in Lismore a couple times and everyone raves how nice and gracious he is to have photos and autographs. Anything to get out of that Holden bucket of sh*t lol. It aint the Holden winning, its Lowndes, same when vodafone was Ford he dominated with Whincup.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah he's really nice, he's been in Lismore a couple times and everyone raves how nice and gracious he is to have photos and autographs. Anything to get out of that Holden bucket of sh*t lol. It aint the Holden winning, its Lowndes, same when vodafone was Ford he dominated with Whincup.
I agree. He's by far the most complete racer in the field. I think he'll retire with as many Bathurst crowns as brocky.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. He's by far the most complete racer in the field. I think he'll retire with as many Bathurst crowns as brocky.
That was once thing that i always admired and thought was so great, was Lowndesy's friend Brocky having passed on, and Lowndes winning bathurst and being first named on the Peter Brock trophy. I heard he was going to switch formatts, but i hope he doesnt leave.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Wouldnt say he is the most complete. He was a gun back in the day although I reckon Skaife shades him and Brocky shades everyone. He hasnt won a championship for over a decade which is a shame. I'd say he is one of the best endurance racers though and on his day one of the most dangerous drivers.

Remember he was last champion when he was in his mid 20s which is very disappointing for someone of his calibre. Im hoping he beats whincup this year. He's been driving in his shadows usually

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldnt say he is the most complete. He was a gun back in the day although I reckon Skaife shades him and Brocky shades everyone. He hasnt won a championship for over a decade which is a shame. I'd say he is one of the best endurance racers though and on his day one of the most dangerous drivers.

Remember he was last champion when he was in his mid 20s which is very disappointing for someone of his calibre. Im hoping he beats whincup this year. He's been driving in his shadows usually
Probably right. I guess I look through biased eyes with Lowndes. Skaifey was a gun too but he's just not that approachable, on the same day I met Lowndes I offered skaife my best wishes (being a Holden fan) and he walked right by me, didn't even smile.
He comes across as a entitled ass, to be honest.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably right. I guess I look through biased eyes with Lowndes. Skaifey was a gun too but he's just not that approachable, on the same day I met Lowndes I offered skaife my best wishes (being a Holden fan) and he walked right by me, didn't even smile.
He comes across as a entitled ass, to be honest.
Im not rumour mongering, but i've heard it aswell, few people have said he ignored them and wouldnt sign an autograph or anything. Having never met him i cant judge, but i've always disliked him.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading, under the rules.. all cars have to be 4 door, and will race with the rear wheel drive.. and 5 litre engines.. can anyone confirm what model nissan? some say the r35, but is that confirmed?

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And something about.. 7 other manufacturers including chrysler are joining? can anyone confirm that?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was reading, under the rules.. all cars have to be 4 door, and will race with the rear wheel drive.. and 5 litre engines.. can anyone confirm what model nissan? some say the r35, but is that confirmed?
Yes they definitely must be 5.0L rear drive sedans. All teams in 2013 will be using the "car of the future" platform. That means teams can put any bodyshell on it they want and Nissan WILL be using a GTR body obviously it will have to be customized to fit the platform.
The only other piece nissan can contribute is the engine which can be their own, but must be 5.0L and it's output will be capped as will the Holden and ford engines.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And something about.. 7 other manufacturers including chrysler are joining? can anyone confirm that?
I read that, AVESCO didn't want any more than 5 manufacturers in the field. With Nissan we have 3 Chrysler are almost certain to take part that makes 4 and I hear Mercedes is very keen also to take the 5th spot. Personally I'd prefer someone other than mercedes considering they have a controlling share in Chrysler. The potential for unfair testing information sharing is obvious. I'd like to see BMW. An M5 would be awesome !

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of Lowndes/Whincup's new cars... ugly colour lol

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough. You're right, they did look better with the silver.
Lol.. Ford is still better :P, though i think with Nissan joining there is going to some big competition. I heard the Kelly brothers are copping alot of sh*t from the other teams because they're gonna be with the Nissan team or driving or something.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol.. Ford is still better :P, though i think with Nissan joining there is going to some big competition. I heard the Kelly brothers are copping alot of sh*t from the other teams because they're gonna be with the Nissan team or driving or something.
I can only imagine. The other teams have had it their own way for waaaay too long, they'd be crapping themselves over the inclusion of another team, especially a team like Nissan with the backing of a technical giant like NISMO.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet we'll get the same b1tching and whinging what happened last time Nissan was in. I wonder if they're usin the R35.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I bet we'll get the same b1tching and whinging what happened last time Nissan was in. I wonder if they're usin the R35.
Word is the bodyshell is going to be an R35 GTR. As per regulations the structure, brakes, driveline and suspension will be provided to them as the "car of the future" but Nissan will be able to put their own engine in it however it must be a 5.0L V8.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nissan wasting no time in V8 race

NISSAN'S V8 Supercar guinea pigs say they've got a headstart on Holden and Ford, rolling out their first car chassis just weeks after the manufacturer declared it would join the series.

Kelly Racing, who will run four cars for Nissan when the Japanese motor giant breaks the Holden-Ford duopoly on the series next year, say they have already developed the bare essentials for their first V8 racer.

Driver and team owner Todd Kelly said panels and aerodynamics needed to be added now to make a complete car.

"We've actually got our first complete chassis off the jig now, which I'm pretty sure is a fair way in front of any other team," Kelly said.

"To build the cars and change manufacturers is a big job so we've hooked into it pretty early.

"Then you put your complete manufacturer-specific panels on top of that."

Nissan remains tight-lipped about what car model will provide the body panels for the 2013 V8 entry.

But the new mid-sized Nissan Altima to be unveiled in the United States in the first half of this year remains the most likely option.

Its specifications are comparable with a Commodore or Falcon and a V8 engine would be able to be dropped in with few problems.

Senior Nissan executives spent last weekend at the opening V8 round of the season in Adelaide, getting a feel for what is to come when their cars line up on next year's grid.

V8 Supercar boss Tony Cochrane says he expects a fourth manufacturer to declare its hand to join the series soon, with Chrysler the most likely.

But he also remains confident the series can attract five manufacturers by 2014.

"We've been in discussion with a number of manufacturers for some time and we remain in discussion with a number of manufacturers," Cochrane said.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/03/05/nissan-wasting-no-time-in-v8-race/

Status
Not open for further replies.