V8 supercars - Nissan joins in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone else excited about this ? I've always been a Holden fan in the supercars, but I'm a massive Nissan fan in general. In fact, apart from a Subaru forester, every car I've owned has been a Nissan. Pulsar, S15 200SX, Pulsar SSS, X Trail and currently a D40 Navara !
Considering they will be using the "car of the future" like Holden and ford and only providing their own engine, I think they might be able to take it to the holden and ford. Technologically NISMO should be able to provide a far better engine than a 2 valve / cylinder, pushrod dinosaur.
Agree? Dissagree?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm excited, as it gets rid of 4 Holdens from the grid!

R

Rustynut

Awww. Not nice. I'm still a Holden fan ! At least for another year.
I don't drive either of the cars but competition is good I think
But everyone blew up last time when the fords and Holden's got smashed last time

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this one... I think I prefer it to be Holden vs Ford (go Holden) but will be interesting to see how they go especially with the backing of NISMO

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't drive either of the cars but competition is good I think
But everyone blew up last time when the fords and Holden's got smashed last time
I agree, competitions good. The reason everyone blew up last time ("you're all a pack of *******s") was because of the perception that the nissans had an unfair advantage ie: twin turbo, inline six, 4WD, 4WS.
In 2013 they'll all be in the same frame with the same suspension, same rear end, same gearbox and same brakes. The only difference will be the engines, drivers and bodyshell.

R

Rustynut

I agree, competitions good. The reason everyone blew up last time ("you're all a pack of *******s") was because of the perception that the nissans had an unfair advantage ie: twin turbo, inline six, 4WD, 4WS.
In 2013 they'll all be in the same frame with the same suspension, same rear end, same gearbox and same brakes. The only difference will be the engines, drivers and bodyshell.
Ok got ya
So what guidelines are on the engines, I assume ford/ Holden/Nissan have different types of engines?

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes please

[video=youtube;BAGYrNRXBVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAGYrNRXBVo[/video]

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
why you posting a skyline? its v8 supercars isnt it?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will be a R35 GTR bodyshell though. And before anyone says is the GTR a V8 ? There is a V8 R35 skyline on sale in Japan and Nissan will be announcing a "unnamed" sedan for sale in Australia to coinside with the 2013 supercars season.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok got ya
So what guidelines are on the engines, I assume ford/ Holden/Nissan have different types of engines?
The engines all have to be 5.0 litre V8 but each team can build and design their own. The max HP will also be capped, that means it'll be more about how it gets there. That's why I think Nissan will have an edge, for sure they'll go, multi valve, OHC, variable valve timing and lift, variable intake plenum and all that good modern stuff ! Reliability may be an issue initially but I'm sure they'll work it out !

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
across the board, i am not a fan of rice rockets at all

in regards to the touring car championship though, i'm looking forward to nissan and chrysler both being part of the comp

it was mentioned by someone involved with the governing body (i think?) that they will probably cap the comp at 5 manufacturers

who is likely to be a leading manufacturer for 5th, seeing how nissan are confirmed and chrysler are apparently just a matter of when, not if

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
across the board, i am not a fan of rice rockets at all

in regards to the touring car championship though, i'm looking forward to nissan and chrysler both being part of the comp

it was mentioned by someone involved with the governing body (i think?) that they will probably cap the comp at 5 manufacturers

who is likely to be a leading manufacturer for 5th, seeing how nissan are confirmed and chrysler are apparently just a matter of when, not if
I've heard. Mercedes Benz is quite interested, they began talks with Chrysler (they have a controlling share in Chrysler) and are still interested in having a Mercedes product compete.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
might be a little high brow for us bogans lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
might be a little high brow for us bogans lol
You're right, a little high brow for YOU bogans. Lol. But trust me they're keen they've been providing the pace cars for the V8s for a while, just so they can have a presence in the series. Remember, this is MB Australia. It's not like the German board feel as though they have to compete in the Australian V8 supercar series.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Nissan race the R35 Super GT which has a hand-built 4.5L V8 and this races in France GT League.

But unfortunately the R35 GTR will not be the car in next years V8 series, Mark Skaife said that. The car has to be a 4-door sedan and the body shell will of course be a Nissan.

As far as the V8 engine goes, Ford Holden and Nissan will be using the same generic V8 engine that is built in America by Chevrolet

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nissan race the R35 Super GT which has a hand-built 4.5L V8 and this races in France GT League.

But unfortunately the R35 GTR will not be the car in next years V8 series, Mark Skaife said that. The car has to be a 4-door sedan and the body shell will of course be a Nissan.

As far as the V8 engine goes, Ford Holden and Nissan will be using the same generic V8 engine that is built in America by Chevrolet
Incorrect. Every team can build their own engine. There are standard criteria though. Must be V8 must be 5.0 litres and the max HP and Nm is capped.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
doesnt matter either way... FORD all the way... cept im a Craig Lowndes fan... Lowndes all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.