utai rorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
NRL review panel charges Bulldogs' Utai
Monday, May 22, 2006 - 4:00 PM

Bulldogs winger Matt Utai faces a two-week ban for joining in a fight during his team's sometimes fiery 32-24 NRL victory over Cronulla on Sunday.

The NRL video review panel charged Utai with contrary conduct for his involvement in the fight between teammate Sonny Bill Williams and Sharks centre Phil Bailey at Telstra Stadium.

"About 58 minutes into the match, player Utai became involved in an altercation between two other players and threw a punch," the review panel noted.

"This action was contrary to the true spirit of the game."

Utai will be suspended for two weeks unless he successfully contests the charge.

""""""Meanwhile, Cronulla, the NZ Warriors and Penrith will be relieved their players escaped the video review virtually unscathed following controversial match incidents.""""""?"

""""""Cronulla halfback Brett Kimmorley was not charged after being involved in a lifting tackle with teammate Beau Scott on the Bulldogs' Reni Matua.

Scott was cited for a grade one dangerous throw over the tackle but will escape a suspension with an early plea.""""""""""

"""""""Warriors captain Ruben Wiki's shoulder charge on Wests Tigers' fullback Shannon McDonnell drew the ire of Tigers coach Tim Sheens but no charge resulted."""""""

"""""""And Penrith prop Matthew Cross will face no action over the incident that left his tackler, Parramatta fullback Wade McKinnon, needing plastic surgery for facial injuries."""""""

Eels captain Glenn Morrison had claimed Cross led with his elbow while running the ball into the tackle.

Source: AAP

love the no cronulla player will be suspender over renis tackle

RMGs

[RkO]
Reaction score
that is fukin disgraceful...there were far worse incidents than utai's and yet they all get off...judiciary can kiss my ass

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Didn't hear about it and i listen to the radio... So radio and TV must not have seen or thought much of it

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
ThatsNikkisTeam said:
Didn't hear about it and i listen to the radio... So radio and TV must not have seen or thought much of it

well two weeks to utai IS much

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
this is pathetic...how many third men have been involved in fights over the years and not one has been charged which is the right way to go, fkin pathetic nrl disgraceful decision!!!

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
i will have to watch the tape again, i didnt notice utai been involved in a fight...

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is bull****, every time i see the incident i think he should no of been suspended

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
This is ridiculous!! And to think that the tackle on Reni maitua was let off??? And all those other cases and no one is charged and they are worse than Utai's?????? Judiciary has some explaining to do imo.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I seen his involvement in it. But if anything the age old rule was the third man into a fight gets the bin. 2 weeks off ( or one if it wasnt for carryover points ) does not match any ten minutes in the bin. He has been dealt a harsher blow more than the two that actually instigated it ( SBW and Bailey )..

Russ

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If utai is to be charged then so should every other player that became involved in the incident.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
wonder if gordon tallis on the board had anything to do with it,,
he probebly went oner the tape with a magnafying glass

Evette

•°o.O Mz Maitua O.o°•
Reaction score
that is pathetic r u kidding me utai gets two weeks for only one punch and every other nrl player that did wrong during that week of play get nothing. i swear the nrl is gettin worse and worse each week. utai was definetly rorted

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
jimmy_the_greek said:
i will have to watch the tape again, i didnt notice utai been involved in a fight...
saw it last night utai probably got the best puch out of all them in.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Game Breaker said:
If utai is to be charged then so should every other player that became involved in the incident.
not all of them threw a punch.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well we are starting to play well so the NRL has to do somethingto break us, Utai was nearly close to his best so they rort him.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
any word yet on if he will fight it yet or just cop the early plea?

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Did Brett Finch get charged that time he came in swinging. I remember he got sin bined !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.