Opinion Update on Signings

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Very excited about the way the roster is building. We have some of the best backs in the comp, we are very underrated in that department, which I like. The world knows we are 2-3 quality props short and without addressing that we most likely won't make the 8 in 24, however we are looking stacked everywhere else. Even in the halves, some genuine options and genuine competition. Hoping BBO can recapture some form as that will create some nice headaches.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very excited about the way the roster is building. We have some of the best backs in the comp, we are very underrated in that department, which I like. The world knows we are 2-3 quality props short and without addressing that we most likely won't make the 8 in 24, however we are looking stacked everywhere else. Even in the halves, some genuine options and genuine competition. Hoping BBO can recapture some form as that will create some nice headaches.
We also have genuine competition for spots now, particularly in the spine. This is a major advantage and something we’ve been missing for a while.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t know much about this bloke, but a few members here on TK have mentioned him from time to time. Thought I’d share this about his current status.

STEADY EDDIE’S A CHEEKY DEVIL

He is the former Penrith Panther who has knocked back an NRL deal to work as a concreter.
Hulking Queenslander Eddie Blacker has rejected a development contract with the Cowboys to ink a deal as a semi-professional with Hostplus Cup side Norths Devils.
At 195cm and 116kg, Blacker is a man mountain who was part of Penrith’s NRL squad this year, playing one game for the Panthers against the Cowboys in round 25.
The Cowboys recently offered Blacker a chance to be part of their squad for the 2024 season, but the 23-year-old has opted to juggle work as a concrete with his football duties for the Devils.
Blacker, who has played two NRL games, including one for the Dragons in 2020, has not given up hope of playing NRL again and wants to fight his way back through the Queensland Cup system at Norths.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
we have very different definitions of stacked

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Love the positivity brother!

This roster on paper is actually exciting unlike the dark years under Pay and Tbaz. There isn't much deadwood left, it's just a question how they come together and play as a team.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

This roster on paper is actually exciting unlike the dark years under Pay and Tbaz. There isn't much deadwood left, it's just a question how they come together and play as a team.
Our back 5 could be a massive asset next season. Even if we don't get props that offer a big improvement. We have options for the halves which will no doubt be discussed in depth over the off season. Our second row is looking pretty good. A few more props will be put on the market between now and the end of the trade period. We'll improve the stocks at some stage.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our back 5 could be a massive asset next season. Even if we don't get props that offer a big improvement. We have options for the halves which will no doubt be discussed in depth over the off season. Our second row is looking pretty good. A few more props will be put on the market between now and the end of the trade period. We'll improve the stocks at some stage.
Compared to the sloths in Perham and Alamoti we had this season..it's a massive improvement.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why Pangai Junior is still listed as a player on the Bulldogs site team list.

I have been checking for and noticed players like Burns, Thompson, Pele ect were still listed. They added some of the new signings like Taaffe and Crichton and Salmon. Now they have added all the new signings and taken out all the unsigned players except for Pangai Junior. Not sure whats going on but it seems strange they didn't take his name out with the others.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why Pangai Junior is still listed as a player on the Bulldogs site team list.

I have been checking for and noticed players like Burns, Thompson, Pele ect were still listed. They added some of the new signings like Taaffe and Crichton and Salmon. Now they have added all the new signings and taken out all the unsigned players except for Pangai Junior. Not sure whats going on but it seems strange they didn't take his name out with the others.
I wouldn't pay much attention to the Bulldogs site its shite!

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Would you call Waddell deadwood?

Asking for a friend :tearsofjoy:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone see Weidler say in his article that Gus an hour before meeting with RFM was with an off contract player at a similar standard. Wonder who it could of been