Opinion Update on Signings

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Btw I'll fight anyone that wants to slander King. Imagine calling me negative when there's posters on here slagging off our only competent middle forward that has showed borderline rep form in our stinky pack. Bruh.
He was playing well in the last couple of games and that was when the whole team really started to play like they couldn’t give a fuck. Wouldn’t shock me if we lost him and dumb ***** on here will say no loss and say Liam Knight is better

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was playing well in the last couple of games and that was when the whole team really started to play like they couldn’t give a fuck. Wouldn’t shock me if we lost him and dumb ***** on here will say no loss and say Liam Knight is better
Knight and Poasamsalami starting front row :sob:

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ruptured plantar fascia, took one week off for a fractured sternum, etc. King was run into the ground by the club and most of us called it last year when we failed to recruit a single quality prop to support him.
King is a fucking sexy motherfucker when he's fit. Could really use a big bopper next to him but anyone having a go about him being an issue has screws loose. He is a very good player, and now he's no longer a virgin, he will be even better.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Btw I'll fight anyone that wants to slander King. Imagine calling me negative when there's posters on here slagging off our only competent middle forward that has showed borderline rep form in our stinky pack. Bruh.
Kings a bitch! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Let's go brah! :tearsofjoy:

Fight me :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Meow haha

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your contributions are very good. Realistic, fair and not blind folded.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
King is a fucking sexy motherfucker when he's fit. Could really use a big bopper next to him but anyone having a go about him being an issue has screws loose. He is a very good player, and now he's no longer a virgin, he will be even better.
I didn't like his signing at first but he quickly proved me wrong. High workrate on both sides of the ball, decent metres and offered a point of difference with his offload. For whatever reason his offload disappeared this season, not sure if that was due to injury or due to instructions. Panthers props were never prolific offloaders so Ciraldo could've instructed similar over here.

Another thing that stood out is comparing Kings first 8 games to his final 15 games last season. He averaged 139 metres in his first 8 games compared to 90 metres in his remaining 15. Considerable drop in minutes too, 59 minutes to 48 minutes. Not mathing the rest but there was drop in tackles and increase in missed tackles. The eye test also told the same story with their being a clear drop in intensity. I used round 8 against the Sharks as that is where I think he further aggravated his sternum injury, foot would've been fucked most the season too from that point.

King is the least of our worries as long as he can stay fit, throw him in that Panther team and our fans are begging us to sign him. He is quality when fit.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't like his signing at first but he quickly proved me wrong. High workrate on both sides of the ball, decent metres and offered a point of difference with his offload. For whatever reason his offload disappeared this season, not sure if that was due to injury or due to instructions. Panthers props were never prolific offloaders so Ciraldo could've instructed similar over here.

Another thing that stood out is comparing Kings first 8 games to his final 15 games last season. He averaged 139 metres in his first 8 games compared to 90 metres in his remaining 15. Considerable drop in minutes too, 59 minutes to 48 minutes. Not mathing the rest but there was drop in tackles and increase in missed tackles. The eye test also told the same story with their being a clear drop in intensity. I used round 8 against the Sharks as that is where I think he further aggravated his sternum injury, foot would've been fucked most the season too from that point.

King is the least of our worries as long as he can stay fit, throw him in that Panther team and our fans are begging us to sign him. He is quality when fit.
Well said. Keep up the good and realistic posts. I like Max King. Talking of the offloads. King featured twice with a tip and offload in what I believed was our best try in 2022 Potterball when Averillo scored his second vs Eels. We scored some magic tries under Potter but that Averillo one where King involved twice so good. King probably in our top 3 last year behind JMK and Burton.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

100%, was playing busted due to necessity and other blokes like RFM who played an entire half as a starting prop without a hitup were giving him no support. I still think that display by RFM is one of the most fucked things I've ever witness happen on a football field.

Anyway, all hail our Virgin King.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lost Pele too didn't want to invest. Wanted to find another quick fix. This isn't a rebuild. It's band aid upon band aid.
Yes we are too audio to discard some players. Perpetual rebuild.
Some are justified. Some I shake my head at.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dearden, May and AFB and we are back in 25
Totally agree this would be the best combination we could get. Dearden is more of a natural 7 (what we need) than Luai. Deardon would be a bit cheaper also hopefully leaving room for May. Even if we managed to nab AFB we need not one but 2 quality starting props just like the Panthers. One can't do it all on his own. Even a top prop like Fisher-Harris needs support. King's never gonna be strong enough

Last edited: