Opinion Unpopular Opinion

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People have short term memories. Des destroyed our cap with back ended deals and neglected our juniors. I know we made the finals but he put us in this situation since he left.
Let's give the Des-troyer a fair chance to finish off the club...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's give the Des-troyer a fair chance to finish off the club...
Bro Des was kicked out at the end of 2017. I agree he was a fk face dog ****. But we can’t keep saying 6 seasons later that it’s still Des’s fault ffs. Common man.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro Des was kicked out at the end of 2017. I agree he was a fk face dog ****. But we can’t keep saying 6 seasons later that it’s still Des’s fault ffs. Common man.
Employed by Greenturd he was the original sinner...
Then the Andersons and Co came in with their super plan clearing 6 of the top players.
You can destroy a house in days, it takes months to rebuild !

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Employed by Greenturd he was the original sinner...
Then the Andersons and Co came in with their super plan clearing 6 of the top players.
You can destroy a house in days, it takes months to rebuild !
It’s been 6 years of rebuilding … even the tigers alre laughing at us

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s been 6 years of rebuilding … even the tigers alre laughing at us
We first had a Des-troyer the two unlicensed builders in the form of Pay and Barrett :tearsofjoy:
Let's hope we soon will turn the corner !

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Putting this out there, Des top 4 finish two seasons ago, would have finished top 8 if their board didn’t sabotage the season with the divide jersey.

As long as he coaches and doesn’t worry about salary cap or junior pathways he would get us back to finals in a couple of seasons easily.

On top of that there won’t be any coombaya connection BS there will be results and the team will become closer through winning together. He’d have us going about our business behind closed doors and he’d call out the refs.
Unpopular opinion? I think you overshot and arrived at out of your brain bonkers opinion.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Des starts off as a category 1 coach and leaves category 5. Like a cyclone he leaves behind a trail of destruction.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure bring back Des, while you're at it lets invite the Andersons back as well. What could go wrong?
The Andersons would work really well with Gus.
Aperantly you don't need pass an IQ test to post on TK

Gen F2 GTS-R

Waterboy
Reaction score
The last coach to lead us to finals footy, put some respect on his name!
We only finished in the top 4 once (in 2012 - his first year) during his tenure. Our finals record under him was unsatisfactory (2013, 2016 eliminated in week 1, 2015 eliminated in week 2 after scraping through v a hapless Dragons in week 1) and we limped into the 2014 GF due to coming up against numerous wounded opposition sides during that finals series.

Don't go talking him up as some sort of messiah. He got paid extremely handsomely for his service and the legacy he left behind is a dead set embarrassment.

Reactions: DDR

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We only finished in the top 4 once (in 2012 - his first year) during his tenure. Our finals record under him was unsatisfactory (2013, 2016 eliminated in week 1, 2015 eliminated in week 2 after scraping through v a hapless Dragons in week 1) and we limped into the 2014 GF due to coming up against numerous wounded opposition sides during that finals series.

Don't go talking him up as some sort of messiah. He got paid extremely handsomely for his service and the legacy he left behind is a dead set embarrassment.
pffft you talk a good game now but you were absolutely loving finals footy year in year out just as every other fan was.

Swap it in a heartbeat for the garbage we've seen since.

Gen F2 GTS-R

Waterboy
Reaction score
pffft you talk a good game now but you were absolutely loving finals footy year in year out just as every other fan was.

Swap it in a heartbeat for the garbage we've seen since.
Of course we were all loving it at the time. Who doesn't get a high from a short-term sugar hit?

You would be well aware that the garbage we've since is a direct consequence of the way in which the administration of that time went about their business. Long-term, sustainable, ongoing success was never on Hasler's / Greenberg's / Dib's agenda - they were chasing that 1 premiership to hang their hats on.

I'm not sure how old you are, but I grew in the 1980s and witnessed multiple premiership trophies making their way to Belmore. Success was on repeat - merely making the finals wasn't acceptable back then and it sure as hell shouldn't be acceptable now.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course we were all loving it at the time. Who doesn't get a high from a short-term sugar hit?

You would be well aware that the garbage we've since is a direct consequence of the way in which the administration of that time went about their business. Long-term, sustainable, ongoing success was never on Hasler's / Greenberg's / Dib's agenda - they were chasing that 1 premiership to hang their hats on.

I'm not sure how old you are, but I grew in the 1980s and witnessed multiple premiership trophies making their way to Belmore. Success was on repeat - merely making the finals wasn't acceptable back then and it sure as hell shouldn't be acceptable now.
Short term sugar hit, 5 years in a row we made the finals. Half a decade!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The narrative started because he doesn't have DnA!

It's the same fake narrative of blaming Wayne Bennett because the Knights turned to shit after he left.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
End of season 2006 is when our window closed with the great team of the early 2000's

2007 - 6th
2008 - 16th
2009 - 2nd
2010 - 13th
2011 - 9th

Missed finals for 2 seasons in a row with a lot of inconsistency post 2006.

Then as soon as a proven coach comes in makes some key signings we make finals 5 years in a row.

All I am saying is why haven't we gone in the direction of hiring a proven experienced coach with runs on the board?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Andersons would work really well with Gus.
Aperantly you don't need pass an IQ test to post on TK
I dont think so.. Gus needs money.. Andersons dont have it.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't see the blatant quality difference between our 2017/18 roster and our 2019/20 rosters. You think there's only 500k difference = deluded. If you look at the losses and gains there is a lot more than 500k difference. Thanks. Your opinion/fact (if that's what you think it is?) is wrong and it's like talking to a brick wall. FWIW I honestly can't be fucked anymore which is why I never want you to reply to me again (honestly please). I'm not even talking about now, I more so mean in future.
You’re the one talking about $500k not me, I put the value at $3m and I’ve listed how I get to that figure many times,

If you don’t want me to respond to your posts then stop posting nonsense and I won‘t have to correct you.

Always a Bulldog

Gen F2 GTS-R

Waterboy
Reaction score
Short term sugar hit, 5 years in a row we made the finals. Half a decade!
Making the finals where half the teams qualify is no major achievement.

We made the top 4 ONLY once during his tenure - his first season in charge at that. We got progressively worse during his tenure.

It wasn't good enough, given the budget and resources at his disposal.

To think otherwise is to accept mediocrity.