Unite for dropbear

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our favorite eel is unfortunately back in hospital .is there any suggestions what we can do to try to help lift his spirit's and let him know we are thinking of him .
Since dropbear has come to the kennel he has been a true champion , and has always put others before himself and been a great addition to "our" family and a great representative of the eels .

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated if we can send him something anything to let him know we are thinking about him .
Get well dropbear

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm up for whatever is needed here

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lets see if we can get some Bulldogs players to visit him in hospital :P

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Our favorite eel is unfortunately back in hospital .is there any suggestions what we can do to try to help lift his spirit's and let him know we are thinking of him .
Since dropbear has come to the kennel he has been a true champion , and has always put others before himself and been a great addition to "our" family and a great representative of the eels .

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated if we can send him something anything to let him know we are thinking about him .
Get well dropbear
I hope he's get well soon, if I can do anything I will

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
send him a signed dogs jersey..naa i am kidding.

maybe a parra jersey..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok jimmypop has a signed parra jeresy donated to him to raise funds for his cause my suggestion us here and one eeyed unite under 1 name and bid on it .this way jimmy gets some needed funds and we can send drop a jersey .
Im started at $100
@Ecca your the tally man brother keep tabs lol

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, one problem with Raffles and we came up with the same issues re @ASSASSIN it can be seen as fundraising, and without the appropriate permits, those involved can be fined

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jimmypop would need to stipulate some rules regarding it too, with Ed's one that @coach was "Gifted" if I remember correctly, it was given @ random, and I did it, one chance per $5 donated,

It was a MAJOR pain in the Arse to do in absence of tickets etc., all $'s donated to Ed's gofundme page were in the draw

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I fully support any initiative to support the drop bear

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How much would it cost to buy him a few competition points?

I'll be happy to help with whatever. Just let me know the details.

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
What if while we are deciding what to do we sent him a kennel bag from the kennel store. We could maybe send it via Zee or Sir Col if they didn't mind. I'm not sure if we can 'donate' to the kennel store but we can donate to the kennel. It would need Nash to be willing to let us do it that way. That way a few of us can cover the cost of the bag and delivery.

I know DB isn't a dog's supporter but he is a Kennel member and the Kennel gear is more about us than the team. When he gets better he can go home and pack up his kennel bag ready for the phone call for his transplant. While he is in hospital recuperating he would just need to see his bag sitting in the corner to know we are all thinking of him and behind him.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if while we are deciding what to do we sent him a kennel bag from the kennel store. We could maybe send it via Zee or Sir Col if they didn't mind. I'm not sure if we can 'donate' to the kennel store but we can donate to the kennel. It would need Nash to be willing to let us do it that way. That way a few of us can cover the cost of the bag and delivery.

I know DB isn't a dog's supporter but he is a Kennel member and the Kennel gear is more about us than the team. When he gets better he can go home and pack up his kennel bag ready for the phone call for his transplant. While he is in hospital recuperating he would just need to see his bag sitting in the corner to know we are all thinking of him and behind him.
Will donate to this idea @helenac !
~c.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm in support of this,
If you guys get it running, can someone pm me details of where to donate and I'll do so,

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I really nice suggestion helenac. DB is a big part of this family and has said many times that he feels more welcome and accepted here with us than in many other places. I have never had the pleasure of actually meeting him face to face( but I do have a picture that he sent ): one day I certainly hope to; no, I certainly will do: that is how confident I am of his ability to beat this latest setback. His struggles are our struggles, family sticks together and faces problems head on together without question. The comment from helenac post is highlighted as proof of that.

Footy is important to him, like it is to us; just for a different team; but it is for his fellow human beings and the problems they are facing that he feels the biggest connection and considers most important in the overall scheme of things. He always speaks well of the people here and he is an intelligent man who has some fantastic views on life and speaks honestly and openly about his struggles, yet is always constantly looking for ways to make things better for others; hence his championing of donor awareness and support for guys like jimmypop and Assassin.I feel that just through talking and texting I have formed a pretty fair opinion of the type of person he is.Some of the responses from posters on the kennel make me feel that others here also have a pretty high opinion of him too.

I also love suggestions of others regarding a Parramatta jersey etc. something we could look at to present to him when we have our meeting at ANZ perhaps, down the track. Whatever we choose to do, DB will be appreciative and accepting.

Status
Not open for further replies.