Unfair for Bulldogs fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyk13

New Pup
Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to say that I think this year has been pretty unfair for the Canterbury Buldogs fans who watch matches on TV. I think all but 1 match they have played this year have all been telecast on Foxtel so people (like me) who don't have Foxtel and rely on Channel 9 for their games have been missing out!!! Who agrees?

troyk13

New Pup
Reaction score
I wanna also point out that almost every Rabbitohs game have been shown on Channel 9 this year since they have played on either friday nights or sunday arvos!!!

DOGG STIEL

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have also been rorted by the NRL giving us so many Saturday night 5:30pm matches which traditionally get the worst crowds in the NRL each weekend on average.

troyk13

New Pup
Reaction score
I also live in Adelaide so it's not like I can go to their matches and support them every week anyway.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
You can view the whole match on bigpond video. Usually on the site within a day or two.

bdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have also been rorted by the NRL giving us so many Saturday night 5:30pm matches which traditionally get the worst crowds in the NRL each weekend on average.
the only good thing about the 5:30 time slot is the u 20's match is on before it on pay t.v

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can view the whole match on bigpond video. Usually on the site within a day or two.
That doesn't help the poor bloke when he wants to watch the game on tv the night of that game. We have been blessed with Channel 9 games for the past however many years, we have had 3 already out of a possible 7 this year so that is not a bad conversion rate considering the type of season we were expected to have.

Still, surprised that Dogs Parra wasn't a Channel 9 game, or Dogs Dragons or even Dogs Manly for that matter!

My point is, we can't have a Channel 9 game every week. For instance how on earth was Nth Qld vs Melbourne not a Channel 9 game?

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
That doesn't help the poor bloke when he wants to watch the game on tv the night of that game. We have been blessed with Channel 9 games for the past however many years, we have had 3 already out of a possible 7 this year so that is not a bad conversion rate considering the type of season we were expected to have.

Still, surprised that Dogs Parra wasn't a Channel 9 game, or Dogs Dragons or even Dogs Manly for that matter!

My point is, we can't have a Channel 9 game every week. For instance how on earth was Nth Qld vs Melbourne not a Channel 9 game?
Nothing can be done about it. Unless he/she gets Foxtel, or goes to their local pub/club. (Assuming he/she is over 18).

Royy

Previously roy18
Reaction score
the only good thing about the 5:30 time slot is the u 20's match is on before it on pay t.v
Yeah I like watching the u 20's games. I think there's an u 20's game on Sunday too.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the souths, roosters and tigers games were all channel 9

considering we arn't world beaters anymore, i think its more then fair

why net get foxtel ? if you can't afford it, why not go to a club/pub ?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Piss off the 2 games on Fridays too, in Qld if the Dogs are playing fridays we get stuck with the Qld teams games first.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The person can't go to a pub cos they are in Adelaide, and not everyone can afford Foxtel or even can get Foxtel in their areas. Either way, we've had a reasonable amount of Channel 9 games so far this year.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im used to it as i cant get cable where i am currently. There have been 2 matches on commercial TV this year, Souffs and Tigers. If we get higher on the table, we may get more televised matches.

I watch the matches after they are completed through nrl.com (which is fed by the Bigpond website), and listen to them on ABC radio.

Khanzeera

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we used to get more channel 9 games, we didnt have such a shyt team when we did.

hth

Khanzeera

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
and i'm sure souths games will start disappearing from channel9 once they realise how shyt souths r.

SawnOffShotgun

Fully Reloaded
Reaction score
Some how need to get ride of the rights for footy on foxtel, and play it all on free tv. Sheesh. Not sure how that would happen though, and what legalities are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.