Opinion Uncomfortable truths about today’s game

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Im confused, at what stage in your above reply did you answer my question ? ‍♂ ..

Never mind answering, it’ll just be more delusional he ducked, weaved, did 3 summersaults jumped in the air and then miraculously got the ball away for a try to be scored, when in reality he just passed the ball along the line.

Politics 101 .. answer all hard questions with another question, or alternatively, deflect the question by bringing up a completely different topic altogether .. [emoji848]

Sorry this didn’t get you to your 6th page, keep fishing [emoji476]
Check my other replies, Fam. I replied to your question… and no, he didn’t just pass the bell along the line… although that’s exactly what Reed did for his TA last night.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Check my other replies, Fam. I replied to your question… and no, he didn’t just pass the bell along the line… although that’s exactly what Reed did for his TA last night.
Mods just close thread. It’s ridiculous it got past the first page let alone onto page 6!!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi La Familiars,

Great win today, and I certainly don’t mean to rain on the parade, but your cognitive biases are on display and I can’t let it pass. I look through the comments On various threads and it’s the same old crap from you guys … Flano sucked, Preston is buy of the season, Reed worked so hard….well let me tell you, Flano wasn’t too bad, Preston was good, but not the best of our forwards and if this is what Reed produces when he works hard, he should probably consider taking a day off here and there. So without further ado, I present to you two key talking points that are being almost completely overlooked by you ham and eggers on the discussion boards.

1. Reed Mahoney was abysmal today. Two crucial errors, a penalty conceded and 10…. That’s right, 10 missed tackles. If the ‘gun ever produced a game that bad, you guys would go into a meltdown so nuclear you’d shut the server down. As if the errors, missed tackles and penalties weren’t enough, Reed stifled our attack all day long. You could offer him a choice between a date with a Miss World finalist at a three hatted restaurant and dinner with an octogenarian Fran Drescher impersonator at the local KFC and he still wouldn’t know how to take the best option. You could marinate a decomposing skunk in a vat of cat shit and it would stink less than Reed’s game today,

2. Preston was outplayed by Corey Waddell. Preston played well, don’t get me wrong, but much maligned Corey Waddell made more metres and took more his ups despite playing 20 less minutes and also made over twice as many post contact metres. He did make a few more missed tackles, but overall, if you take away Preston’s tries, which were both pretty much just opportunistic, right place at the right times tries resulting from Burton’s deft kicking and North Queensland’s tired and ordinary defence, Waddell had a bigger impact on the game.

Also, if anyone still thinks Nu Brown offers more to the team than a fully fit Joshy Reynolds, you must be giddier than RFM during his HIA assessment.

I will leave these salient points with you and trust they will generate the respectful concessions they are worthy of.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where’s the urgency from the rest of the team all the times someone makes a break and Flano is the only one backing it up?
Where’s the halfback who sets up tries? Looks threatening and tns do video sessions on ? Not Flanagan I bet coaches don’t do any home work on him

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Reed is so bad then please tell me how many Daly m points Flanagan has ? I bet Reed has more in one year then Flanagan has in 3 years

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi La Familiars,

Great win today, and I certainly don’t mean to rain on the parade, but your cognitive biases are on display and I can’t let it pass. I look through the comments On various threads and it’s the same old crap from you guys … Flano sucked, Preston is buy of the season, Reed worked so hard….well let me tell you, Flano wasn’t too bad, Preston was good, but not the best of our forwards and if this is what Reed produces when he works hard, he should probably consider taking a day off here and there. So without further ado, I present to you two key talking points that are being almost completely overlooked by you ham and eggers on the discussion boards.

1. Reed Mahoney was abysmal today. Two crucial errors, a penalty conceded and 10…. That’s right, 10 missed tackles. If the ‘gun ever produced a game that bad, you guys would go into a meltdown so nuclear you’d shut the server down. As if the errors, missed tackles and penalties weren’t enough, Reed stifled our attack all day long. You could offer him a choice between a date with a Miss World finalist at a three hatted restaurant and dinner with an octogenarian Fran Drescher impersonator at the local KFC and he still wouldn’t know how to take the best option. You could marinate a decomposing skunk in a vat of cat shit and it would stink less than Reed’s game today,

2. Preston was outplayed by Corey Waddell. Preston played well, don’t get me wrong, but much maligned Corey Waddell made more metres and took more his ups despite playing 20 less minutes and also made over twice as many post contact metres. He did make a few more missed tackles, but overall, if you take away Preston’s tries, which were both pretty much just opportunistic, right place at the right times tries resulting from Burton’s deft kicking and North Queensland’s tired and ordinary defence, Waddell had a bigger impact on the game.

Also, if anyone still thinks Nu Brown offers more to the team than a fully fit Joshy Reynolds, you must be giddier than RFM during his HIA assessment.

I will leave these salient points with you and trust they will generate the respectful concessions they are worthy of.
Is this a serious post or are you taking the piss? I found it amusing and had a little chuckle. I have no doubt it’s a gee up.

lukedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flanagan isn't Cronk but at least he took the line on a bunch, he's trying, that's all you can ask.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, ay…. He was pretty useless when he set up two tries and won us the game against Melbourne.

Waddell gave our middle bells for the first time this year. He deserves respect. Preston is good in his role, but we desperately need middle strength.
He didn't fucking win us the game against Melbourne haha, you call 4 passes back setting up a try? But let's say he did, one good game a season means you don't have it to be an NRL starting half. Come back with whatever reasoning and excuses you want because you've always got an answer for everything, but you're wrong

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He didn't fucking win us the game against Melbourne haha, you call 4 passes back setting up a try? But let's say he did, one good game a season means you don't have it to be an NRL starting half. Come back with whatever reasoning and excuses you want because you've always got an answer for everything, but you're wrong
He created the overlap on both occasions.

1 good game is all Reed has had for us this season lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Is this a serious post or are you taking the piss? I found it amusing and had a little chuckle. I have no doubt it’s a gee up.
10 missed tackles Fam… come on, that’s not good. And Waddell was immense for us.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because JMK dominated and the more the dolphins fail, the more keen he will be to come back to us when we realise Reed is crap and start shopping him around.
There you go again what's this us business, you are not one of us you are definitely one of them, stop pretending.to be a Bulldogs fan when It's quite clear to everyone on this forum that you are a Dolphin Troll.
1680543091933.png
FLippergun