Unbelievable

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Keyboard warriors?
Mate we been a joke for years.
All I wanted to see this year was some improvement. Wasnt expecting to make the 8 before round 1. We copped injuries so expectation were further lowered. Hung in there even with the losses looking to the bigger picture.
But its not too much to have expected some improvement the last 6 weeks. We had 2 byes and we still produced nothing. Today we got slaughtered by the Knights, absolutely insulting to the fans that Gus and Ciraldo pedal delusional comments thinking fans know no better.

If we cant improve in any area the last 6 weeks, if we cant show any improvement the last 5 years than what confidence should I have looking to the future.
I cant name 1 junior spine player this club has developed the last 7 years. 2nd string Cogger training in the Panthers system isnt 1 of them.
I have zero confidense that we will return to where we belong.
I have seen nothing in the way of action to give me hope that we are on the right track.
All Ive heard are words.
None of the cup guys are anywhere near ready eg Rajab, KO etc so thats a ways off.
We are talking 5 years before even Top 4...if we are lucky.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
None of the cup guys are anywhere near ready eg Rajab, KO etc so thats a ways off.
We are talking 5 years before even Top 4...if we are lucky.
Unfortunately we got no luck and luck has got nothing to do with it :upset:
I believe the same WD, we are years off and thats only if we are on the right track.
Dont know if I have it in me to hang in there.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunately we got no luck and luck has got nothing to do with it :upset:
I believe the same WD, we are years off and thats only if we are on the right track.
Dont know if I have it in me to hang in there.
The poor playing style. The inept coaching. Constantly being told there's no good players to sign or they're too expensive. The huge losses.

Bloody hard to hang in there.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s unbelievable that we can be so fucking shit after all this time of being shit.

I never turned the game off before halftime before this season. So far I’ve done it many times this year. Why watch such putrid, pathetic excuses for footy players?

Well another weekend and the same thing. At least I can do something I actually enjoy instead!

Fuck you ya useless **** of a team.
It would be better if we had all Thursday night games, so we don't have to worry all weekend how bad Sunday is going to be.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 12 yo a dogs supporter. I distract him now with other sports.
When I was his age in the 80s, I had it so much better- it was a golden era for the dogs

We should all have a duty of care not to expose our kids to the shit dished up yesterday

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anybodies kids on here still go for dogs??.
No. Son and granddaughters not interested. Wife and daughter now follow the Swans.

They all sympathise for me, but the Dogs mean nothing to them, and haven't for years.

My wife is annoyed with the team because of my language when I watch the games.

I would be healthier if I didn't follow the Dogs.

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We were at the footy yesterday and stayed for the whole game.

I didn't boo but not due to any strong moral reason as I was either stunned in silence at what I was watching or vomitting at the time (apologies to anyone sitting anywhere near me).

All the young ones go for the Dogs. Our family is entrenched and has been for many, many years. I've always told the young ones that supporting the team through thick and thin will bring a greater level of joy when they do eventually achieve glory. I remember how ecstatic I felt back in 1980 and I wanted them to feel that one day as well. I can't remember feeling as wrecked as I felt last night so I imagine they are doubting my words.

We will stay strong but I have a feeling I'll be going to the footy alone in the coming weeks and I won't be forcing anyone to come with me. They probably don't want to see the old man have a medical episode anyway.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My 12 yo a dogs supporter. I distract him now with other sports.
When I was his age in the 80s, I had it so much better- it was a golden era for the dogs

We should all have a duty of care not to expose our kids to the shit dished up yesterday
A lot of Primary kids in the area support other teams, they gravitate to winners - this club is literally referred to as the “boodogs”, how far we have fallen… we used to be winners even when we weren’t winning.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I turned it off as soon as their half scored the first try I knew then a smashing was on the cards

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No. Son and granddaughters not interested. Wife and daughter now follow the Swans.

They all sympathise for me, but the Dogs mean nothing to them, and haven't for years.

Sad but true.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

My kids just tip toe past me watching our weekly putrid performances…my son always says “at least the All Blacks win aye dad” and my daughter always says why can’t we support uncle Bens warriors? [emoji23]

My wife said last night “think it’s time you switched league teams cos the bulldogs are teaching them loser mentality “

Whilst I agree with the current loser mentality there’s no way I stop supporting a team I’ve backed since I was a boy…!

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ciraldo has no idea .
I get we have some inexperience but working with what we have got he has made some poor positional choices.

Drop Perhem move averillo back
Slot kiraz back to Centre and bring up Declan Casey.

Move Burton back to six and bring Kyle back in to half with Reynolds at 14. (We were winning some games and looked much better with this set up)

Drop Okunbor all together and play Waddel at 11

Like I said working with what we have available.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

My kids ( 13 year old son and 10 year old daughter) follow us but have questioned why I started following.
My wife has told me to go watch the games elsewhere due to the frustration and anxiety the performances cause me!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My kids just tip toe past me watching our weekly putrid performances…my son always says “at least the All Blacks win aye dad” and my daughter always says why can’t we support uncle Bens warriors? [emoji23]

My wife said last night “think it’s time you switched league teams cos the bulldogs are teaching them loser mentality “

Whilst I agree with the current loser mentality there’s no way I stop supporting a team I’ve backed since I was a boy…!
Amen brother, you ride the highs and lows…

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wouldn’t we all lol I’ve doubled in age last few years

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the club hired Des as head coach I was not impressed. He was Manly, he represented Manly, he lived and breathed Manly and I was uncomfortable that he was our coach. I thought at the time he was brought in to saboutage the club and alienate the fan base, and after 2014 the rubbish he was ingraining into the players I was convinced that the NRL was allowing this to happen because they wanted a team in Perth, too many Sydney clubs and Greenberg had previously planted the seed. I was mocked as being a conspiracy theorist. After 9 years, 3 full time and 2 interim coaches and untold rollover of players and still going backwards no one on this planet will convince me that this is not the NRLs (V'landys) ultimate plan. The reason it has not come to fruition (yet) is that we are a stubborn fanbase and will not give up our team so easily.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s unbelievable that we can be so fucking shit after all this time of being shit.

I never turned the game off before halftime before this season. So far I’ve done it many times this year. Why watch such putrid, pathetic excuses for footy players?

Well another weekend and the same thing. At least I can do something I actually enjoy instead!

Fuck you ya useless **** of a team.
It really is pathetic! I turned it off before half time, and I won't be watching another game this year. I'm done.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe this is why we are so harshly officiated... the NRLol want us to fail hoping the fans turn away in droves and they can relocate the club.