U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

America, a nation that is both obsessed with itself while
being utterly oblivious to itself and all at the same time...

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just like those at the Capitol :tearsofjoy:.

Everything is spun. This week it was Cruz demanding an investigation into Biden over classified documents but when it emerged that Pence had the same thing ‘Mike is a good guy and friend of mine so it’s OK’, Whether it’s Trump, Biden, Pence or the Fairy Godmother it’s more reflective of a broken system than any specific side being more corrupt than the other.

As for news it’s all down to confirmation bias so whether you lather yourself up on Fox or CNN, it’s all spun for ratings and revenue and the sooner everyone understands that the better.
I’m honestly getting tired of it all anyway.
If you actually talk with staunch right wingers/Catholics they won’t disagree with you and have more harsh words about republicans and Cruz liek characters. Different reasons obviously but they know they’re all talk and won’t get anything done. You dislike republicans coz of their values and morals/politics etc, the actual conservatives dislike them because they’re all fake and are too scared to have a backbone to actually be conservatives. This includes trump to a certain extent too.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't call Daily Mail "MSM". They're fringe at best.

Funny thing is, when I first heard this story it was on ABC and they said that the cops were all black. I will admit that I was surprised that ABC admitted that.

All that said, I think the reason they mention the race of the officer is because they think it's a potential race crime. And in this case it obviously isn't.

But I agree, they shouldn't be mentioning the race. At minimum it's misreporting. But it could also influence future juries.
Potential being the key word. I think we both agree they should wait for the facts before screaming modern day lynching and racism from cops. Cnn had to apologise for the riots of Charlottesville for pushing a fake story that the black man shot by cops was based purely on racism, left out the guy was a crip, trying to take a cops gun.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Just like those at the Capitol :tearsofjoy:.

Everything is spun. This week it was Cruz demanding an investigation into Biden over classified documents but when it emerged that Pence had the same thing ‘Mike is a good guy and friend of mine so it’s OK’, Whether it’s Trump, Biden, Pence or the Fairy Godmother it’s more reflective of a broken system than any specific side being more corrupt than the other.

As for news it’s all down to confirmation bias so whether you lather yourself up on Fox or CNN, it’s all spun for ratings and revenue and the sooner everyone understands that the better.
All due respect coz I value your opinions but let me give you an alternative spin. Its pure chicken and egg. What comes first? The politicians views or the people that support those politicians?

Politicians have and always will shape their ideology to their constituents. And politicians manipulate their constituents ideology in directions that best serve their political purpose. Politicians aren't moving away from a successful support base so the question then becomes, how have the views of the rank and file shifted into idiocy. And more importantly, how do you move those views back to the mainstream?

I know you think this is only a minority and you think Australia is immune from this - but the same people that started this ideology have the capability to send the same messages to Australia. Are we any smarter from the rank and file Yank? You and I probably are but others?

The system isn't broken - its doing the same thing today it was doing when Obama was elected. Its just that in a democracy, even shithouse views get oxygen. And the politicians and media are playing to those views.

One of the drawbacks of democracy.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m honestly getting tired of it all anyway.
If you actually talk with staunch right wingers/Catholics they won’t disagree with you and have more harsh words about republicans and Cruz liek characters. Different reasons obviously but they know they’re all talk and won’t get anything done. You dislike republicans coz of their values and morals/politics etc, the actual conservatives dislike them because they’re all fake and are too scared to have a backbone to actually be conservatives. This includes trump to a certain extent too.
You got some of that right except the reason I ‘dislike Republicans’. The way you framed it is ‘they have values and morals and you don’t’ - which is neither fair nor true. Maybe that’s not what you meant but that’s the way it came out. Yes, I’m not conservative, that’s true, but nor am I radically liberal. There’s a sensible centre where I see merit and also disagree with both sides. Some people call that fence sitting but it’s not to me, I just don’t see how people can be so one sided/eyed and refuse to believe there’s nothing the other team offers. Politics forever has been built on compromise and deals. Now it seems (courtesy a lot of sewer media) that outrage sells so we end up with the AOG’s and MTG’s of the world and I don’t agree with either them beciase their positions are so extreme. If we drop the outrage and get back to working together, it’s possible to get stuff done. I don’t think that’s naive.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You got some of that right except the reason I ‘dislike Republicans’. The way you framed it is ‘they have values and morals and you don’t’ - which is neither fair nor true. Maybe that’s not what you meant but that’s the way it came out. Yes, I’m not conservative, that’s true, but nor am I radically liberal. There’s a sensible centre where I see merit and also disagree with both sides. Some people call that fence sitting but it’s not to me, I just don’t see how people can be so one sided/eyed and refuse to believe there’s nothing the other team offers. Politics forever has been built on compromise and deals. Now it seems (courtesy a lot of sewer media) that outrage sells so we end up with the AOG’s and MTG’s of the world and I don’t agree with either them beciase their positions are so extreme. If we drop the outrage and get back to working together, it’s possible to get stuff done. I don’t think that’s naive.
Yeah I definitely did not mean you yourself have no values or morals bro. But what I was saying is, for example the far right dislike the republicans because they won’t enforce certain things like banning completely lgbtqi ideology from schools, whereas you would dislike republicans because they say they’ll do it and rarely ever do and if they do it’s like de santis’ which only affects kids Upto grade 3 atm.

But look outrage media is definitely on both sides. The difference though, msm objectively speaking is filled with way more left wing propganda and up till.

Speaking of Have you seen the new “civil war” between Steven crowder and daily wire? It’s pretty pathetic lol.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All due respect coz I value your opinions but let me give you an alternative spin. Its pure chicken and egg. What comes first? The politicians views or the people that support those politicians?

Politicians have and always will shape their ideology to their constituents. And politicians manipulate their constituents ideology in directions that best serve their political purpose. Politicians aren't moving away from a successful support base so the question then becomes, how have the views of the rank and file shifted into idiocy. And more importantly, how do you move those views back to the mainstream?

I know you think this is only a minority and you think Australia is immune from this - but the same people that started this ideology have the capability to send the same messages to Australia. Are we any smarter from the rank and file Yank? You and I probably are but others?

The system isn't broken - its doing the same thing today it was doing when Obama was elected. Its just that in a democracy, even shithouse views get oxygen. And the politicians and media are playing to those views.

One of the drawbacks of democracy.
Fair comment.
Let me be clear that I didn’t say Australia was ‘immune’ to lunacy. What I said was there’s no evidence it’s becoming mainstream and I think the average Aussie is smarter and pays more attention than the average Yank. I’ve been lucky enough to travel the world for 25 years for work (well, except a couple recently - there was this virus going around, you might have heard about it). Of all the lessons I’ve learned on the road it’s that we’re not that far apart from one another on most things. What gets in the way is ego and a lust for power - shit parts of humanity. For many years I thought the internet was doing good in terms of educating about other parts of the world. The average Yank’s knowledge of other places had actually increased between the mid 90’s and by the end of the naughties. As sewer media exploded around that time though it crated a vessel for haters, exploiters, scammers and keyboard warriors and once crossed into politics it was all over. Look at sewer media in 2012 (Obama/Romney) - almost non existent. By 2016 (Trump/Clinton) we had Cambridge Analytica exploiting messaging and by 2020 (Trump/Biden) - well we all know what a shit show that turned out to be.

So getting back to your point, yes, I think these tools put pressure on pollies because their base can change their views on things much faster than before and when fuelled by misinformation well that’s one Molotov cocktail ready to be lit and lobbed. Not pretty.

The good news (hopefully) is despite the ongoing and perhaps (in some ways) spreading of lunacy - the people I talk to (progressive and conservative) mostly say ‘enough - everything went too far, we need fo pull back and get back some decency’. Of course if Orange gets elected again that all comes crashing down. So far it looks like that’s unlikely but I said that in 2016 too. They need their oxygen starved and whoever wins in 2024 needs to be more moderate and get on with moving the country forward and putting the shit show of the last 5 years in the rear view mirror.

Hopefully that has a knock on effect globally too.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I definitely did not mean you yourself have no values or morals bro. But what I was saying is, for example the far right dislike the republicans because they won’t enforce certain things like banning completely lgbtqi ideology from schools, whereas you would dislike republicans because they say they’ll do it and rarely ever do and if they do it’s like de santis’ which only affects kids Upto grade 3 atm.

But look outrage media is definitely on both sides. The difference though, msm objectively speaking is filled with way more left wing propganda and up till.

Speaking of Have you seen the new “civil war” between Steven crowder and daily wire? It’s pretty pathetic lol.
Fair enough.

Yeah that’s definitely part of the problem not just left v right but moderates v extremists, including within the same party. I see the solution as a matter of oxygen - starve the lunatics and it gravitates back toward a sensible centre where compromise can be made and things actually get done.

I don’t know that MSM is biased left - Fox and contemporaries certainly ain’t! Really depends on what the viewer wants to see/hear in many cases.

No haven’t seen Civil War but not sure I have the stomach for it - will have a quick look with the barf bag on standby :-).

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Fair comment.
Let me be clear that I didn’t say Australia was ‘immune’ to lunacy. What I said was there’s no evidence it’s becoming mainstream and I think the average Aussie is smarter and pays more attention than the average Yank. I’ve been lucky enough to travel the world for 25 years for work (well, except a couple recently - there was this virus going around, you might have heard about it). Of all the lessons I’ve learned on the road it’s that we’re not that far apart from one another on most things. What gets in the way is ego and a lust for power - shit parts of humanity. For many years I thought the internet was doing good in terms of educating about other parts of the world. The average Yank’s knowledge of other places had actually increased between the mid 90’s and by the end of the naughties. As sewer media exploded around that time though it crated a vessel for haters, exploiters, scammers and keyboard warriors and once crossed into politics it was all over. Look at sewer media in 2012 (Obama/Romney) - almost non existent. By 2016 (Trump/Clinton) we had Cambridge Analytica exploiting messaging and by 2020 (Trump/Biden) - well we all know what a shit show that turned out to be.

So getting back to your point, yes, I think these tools put pressure on pollies because their base can change their views on things much faster than before and when fuelled by misinformation well that’s one Molotov cocktail ready to be lit and lobbed. Not pretty.

The good news (hopefully) is despite the ongoing and perhaps (in some ways) spreading of lunacy - the people I talk to (progressive and conservative) mostly say ‘enough - everything went too far, we need fo pull back and get back some decency’. Of course if Orange gets elected again that all comes crashing down. So far it looks like that’s unlikely but I said that in 2016 too. They need their oxygen starved and whoever wins in 2024 needs to be more moderate and get on with moving the country forward and putting the shit show of the last 5 years in the rear view mirror.

Hopefully that has a knock on effect globally too.
Yeah - think I've heard of the virus. Spent 6 months of my life putting shite on Rodzy because if it. Been good times.

Bro - 25 years and you clearly state this is a thing in the last 7 years? TBF, reckon I've only met 4 of them that I'd call truly out there. None of these four know each other. Yet they spout verbatim the same stuff. And in the case of two of them, known both for a long time and they were run of the mill chicks. Yet 7 odd years later they changed.

And I know both of them got there stuff from reddits. Not mainstream media. They told me.

Small sample size yeah. But strikingly similar ideology changes. At the same time. Creepy shit.

TBH, I'm a George Orwell fan. 1984 was a great book. Ideologies can be created with the right tools. Look at cargo cults - perfect example. Goodies from the sky. Current loonies - 'evidence' as to why and how they have marginalised.

So - imv - the 'spreading of the lunacy' is a clever state run disinformation campaign. Most of the naughties to build the methodology using current online tools. Hit the 10's and we start to go big on it. And even better, when the pollies see there are votes to be had, as long as its innocent enough to not truly be considered unamerican, they'll happily ride that pony. The psychology on this is staggering. Take Qanon. Is this a person? A program? A random screen tag? Who knows. but powerful shit.

You can go with its a cracker theory. Neither of us have much evidence to show a truth. So I go with the risk aversion side of things. If I'm right, it can be stopped and reversed much more simply than if its an organic thing.

If its truly organic, then the only way to stop it is with more social information engineering. And that is suddenly becoming the motherfcker of all rabbit holes.

Feeling very rational tonight. Lolz...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't remember if there's an Aussie thread and I don't care but am I going to be able to grow 6 whole marijuanas at home :fearscream:

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Trump wants to ban all transtesticals now too if he gets back in office

He’s insane …. No way he gets back in

Tony Abbott would be shorter odds … if he takes time out from praising sex offenders

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely this isn’t real life lol. I just love how these lgbtqi idols though always manage to align with Satan. And having Pfizer sponsor the event just adds the icing to the cake lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely this isn’t real life lol. I just love how these lgbtqi idols though always manage to align with Satan. And having Pfizer sponsor the event just adds the icing to the cake lol.

Ozzy did it better

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Putrid performance of a putrid song. Days of Noah mixed with Sodom and Gomorrah.

But yeah, Luciferianism and Satanism is just a crazy conspiracy theory....

Ephesians 6:12

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This really shouldn’t be a political thing but it is. Explain how the hell a man like this is able to be locked up with females and children? Considering his filthy crime.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This really shouldn’t be a political thing but it is. Explain how the hell a man like this is able to be locked up with females and children? Considering his filthy crime.

**** needs to be shot 15 times in the face. I really don't care that it's mentally retarded. You hurt a little one, you die.

Status
Not open for further replies.