U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
a sensible person would then look at Twitters censoring of a reputable news organisations breaking story today and wonder whether Twitter is simply trying to ensure a particular outcome at the election in three weeks time.
Let’s assume for a minute that what you say is true. You honestly think other private companies like the Murdoch press don’t try to influence elections in favour of right wing governments? They are private companies, for the most part they can do whatever the fuck they want.... with very little government regulation. That’s the beauty of capitalism. Best system in the world. USA! USA!

Sometimes it seems you can’t even figure out whether you are anti communist or anti capitalist.... lol.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wow, this place goes quiet for a few days, I look away for an evening and most of a day and boom, eight new pages. Nice to see this thread is back in business.

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Let’s assume for a minute that what you say is true. You honestly think other private companies like the Murdoch press don’t try to influence elections in favour of right wing governments? They are private companies, for the most part they can do whatever the fuck they want.... with very little government regulation. That’s the beauty of capitalism. Best system in the world. USA! USA!

Sometimes it seems you can’t even figure out whether you are anti communist or anti capitalist.... lol.
Having an ideological bias within a news room is well understood and everybody knows this. CNN is left, MSNBC is left, FOX is right etc.

What is not understood and what has NEVER been done is the censoring of information during an election campaign and what has also never happened is that the control of information and communication has by and large fallen into the hands of 3 - 4 companies who appear to selectively be picking and choosing which news and information they allow to 'trend' and which they choose to 'disallow'.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Having an ideological bias within a news room is well understood and everybody knows this. CNN is left, MSNBC is left, FOX is right etc.

What is not understood and what has NEVER been done is the censoring of information during an election campaign and what has also never happened is that the control of information and communication has by and large fallen into the hands of 3 - 4 companies who appear to selectively be picking and choosing which news and information they allow to 'trend' and which they choose to 'disallow'.
Social media is still media. Why split hairs about one but not the other..... and it’s hardly censorship if the platform asked the post to provide evidence and the post refused to do so. But if you would like to see these stories published on social media, you could always start your own platform. You could call it Dawg’s Breakfast... USA! USA!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Social media is still media. Why split hairs about one but not the other..... and it’s hardly censorship if the platform asked the post to provide evidence and the post refused to do so. But if you would like to see these stories published on social media, you could always start your own platform. You could call it Dawg’s Breakfast... USA! USA!
Why did the platforms ask one of the most well known and established papers in America to provide it's evidence but failed to do so for multiple other stories broken by NYTIMES, CNN, MSNBC throughout the last 4 years?

I know you're only defending this position because social media is an advantage to democrat / left leaning voters. Particularly Twitter which is probably the hardest left leaning of all the platforms.

At the end of a day as a society (including all types of voters) we have created an issue whereby the flow of information is now largely tied to 3-4 companies. Twitter, Facebook, google and maybe one other. If these companies don't do the right thing or allow information to flow, they can influence the outcome of an election. This is not a good outcome for any democracy.

Regardless of whether anyone is right or left leaning, if we believe in democracy, we should not be thrilled with the idea of 3-4 largely unregulated companies with the ability to influence political outcomes.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine being such a fighter for feminism and equal rights that coz a female is conservative catholic and doesn’t hold made up definitions of progressives shes sudddenly a threat to democracy and must be evil.
And thennnn imagine discriminating against Catholicism whilst championing tolerant of all religions and call people islamophobes if they question a muslims motives in congress.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Loll even fake news apparently has a limit on fake news. Pelosi accusing this guy and cnn of being republican apologists?????? Lolllllllll

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Biden handled his Town Hall better than Trump. He handled everything with skill. Trump was just Trump. Said some stupid things like he usually does.

What I give to Biden ahead of everything else was his tact when asked if he made a mistake when putting in a policy that resulted in more African Americans in prison. Without skipping a beat he said, "yes"

That kind of thing gives him lots of points over Trump trying to explain how his screw ups are not his fault.

Looking forward to the 2nd debate.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine being such a fighter for feminism and equal rights that coz a female is conservative catholic and doesn’t hold made up definitions of progressives shes sudddenly a threat to democracy and must be evil.
And thennnn imagine discriminating against Catholicism whilst championing tolerant of all religions and call people islamophobes if they question a muslims motives in congress.
I missed you, sweetie

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Biden is cooked also no one in America cares about conjob 19 virus

Trump will win for sure.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t even. Full on bans me for half a year. You did it to yoursefffff
I can't even remember who reported you, just that I tried to downplay it to keep you here as I knew I'd miss the banter.

Fortunately Dawgfather stepped up in your place.

Side note, I told everyone that you ran away to start a convent for gay kids.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s back... And to think 2020 was all doom gloom! Welcome back..the place hasn’t been the same without you. How was your journey of self-discover? Did you discover your inner sensitivity..the one yearning to be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.