U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly. It took me 5 seconds to see that you completely screwed up the news reported on that site. You managed to mix two different people together to make one story.

They're two different people. The one who is current senior communications manager at Twitter is not leaving. The one who is reportedly leaving is the public policy director. It's also not confirmed if he is leaving as the report came from an anonymous source.
Correct. Nick Pacilio is not leaving Twitter. I had referenced the wrong name.

However, Carlos Monje is leaving Twitter to join Biden’s transition team (I had mistakenly said Pacilio was leaving).

Either way, my point is made, there are numerous links between Biden and Harris and Twitter.

a sensible person would then look at Twitters censoring of a reputable news organisations breaking story today and wonder whether Twitter is simply trying to ensure a particular outcome at the election in three weeks time.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

However, Carlos Monje is leaving Twitter to join Biden’s transition team (I had mistakenly said Pacilio was leaving).

Either way, my point is made, there are numerous links between Biden and Harris and Twitter.

a sensible person would then look at Twitters censoring of a reputable news organisations breaking story today and wonder whether Twitter is simply trying to ensure a particular outcome at the election in three weeks time.
Lol hey DUMB fuck were you wrong again??

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I literally wrote above that the censorship started taking place 2 years ago and your response is "if the censorship took place 2 years out from the election"

You're one of those people who doesn't listen to respond but instead waits until they have a chance to talk without actually listening.

Also, not corroborated. Twitter asked for evidence and NY Post did not provide evidence. Hence the fake news.
So you’re saying Twitter is censoring all mainstream news stories now are they? They are going to keep an eye on the tens of thousands of new stories every day, determine which are truthful and which aren’t and censor the ones that don’t pass twitters approval?

You have to be a hyper partisan to believe this kind of nonsense or incredibly naive. One or the other.
Given you’ve said you’re some sort of scientist I’ll take it on good faith that you aren’t naive, which leaves you as some sort of hyper partisan.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So you’re saying Twitter is censoring all mainstream news stories now are they? They are going to keep an eye on the tens of thousands of new stories every day, determine which are truthful and which aren’t and censor the ones that don’t pass twitters approval?

You have to be a hyper partisan to believe this kind of nonsense or incredibly naive. One or the other.
Given you’ve said you’re some sort of scientist I’ll take it on good faith that you aren’t naive, which leaves you as some sort of hyper partisan.
No idiot. That's not what he said. Learn how to read and comprehend moron

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I literally wrote above that the censorship started taking place 2 years ago and your response is "if the censorship took place 2 years out from the election"

You're one of those people who doesn't listen to respond but instead waits until they have a chance to talk without actually listening.

Also, not corroborated. Twitter asked for evidence and NY Post did not provide evidence. Hence the fake news.
When did Twitter suddenly become the arbiter of truth? Do all news outlets have to submit to an editorial process with Twitter and Facebook or risk having their articles banned? Or just the news outlets who publish damaging info about the democrat candidate?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
No idiot. That's not what he said. Learn how to read and comprehend moron
You missed a full stop at the end. But that’s the least of your worries after you sit down and comprehend the number of years on this earth whilst still being unable to form coherent arguments.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

And what is your answer to all the research that has been carried out that has found that social media platforms have constantly been used to advance Conservative support and that Conservatives believing Social Media is against them is fake?

[/URL]

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a reminder that humans are fallible. We always see patterns where there is none. That's why research is important.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When did Twitter suddenly become the arbiter of truth? Do all news outlets have to submit to an editorial process with Twitter and Facebook or risk having their articles banned? Or just the news outlets who publish damaging info about the democrat candidate?
Twitter and Facebook don't limit it to political stuff. They also block a lot of conspiracy articles and anti-vaxxing stuff.

And that's their right as social media entities.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
This is a reminder that humans are fallible. We always see patterns where there is none. That's why research is important.
Even when faced with evidence as clear as emails written to Hunter Biden and emails written by Hunter Biden himself, you can’t face up to the facts because you so desperately want a blue win in November.

I hope that all of Australia’s scientists aren’t as dishonest and partisan as you. We don’t stand a chance of being a smart country in the next decade if our scientists all nod in agreement with one another, rather than being able to calmly and rationally analyse evidence and facts and arrive at conclusions whether they fit your preconceived ideas or otherwise.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter and Facebook don't limit it to political stuff. They also block a lot of conspiracy articles and anti-vaxxing stuff.

And that's their right as social media entities.
Except they pick and choose when to enforce these rules as they have in this situation. 3 weeks out from an election, and with a news story that would be horribly damaging for Biden if Americans were allowed to read it/view it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

No. Twitter and Facebook are going to block things that they know to be highly likely to be Fake. And just like any platform, they are going to primarily focus on stuff that has a lot of responses. They're less likely to notice something that doesn't have a large impact on the social media spectrum. That's how exposure works. The larger the splash, the more likely you are to be noticed.

That's not bias or hyper partisanship. That's just how humans function.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
No. Twitter and Facebook are going to block things that they know to be highly likely to be Fake. And just like any platform, they are going to primarily focus on stuff that has a lot of responses. They're less likely to notice something that doesn't have a large impact on the social media spectrum. That's how exposure works. The larger the splash, the more likely you are to be noticed.

That's not bias or hyper partisanship. That's just how humans function.
Can you explain how emails written by Hunter Biden and received by Hunter Biden are fake?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even when faced with evidence as clear as emails written to Hunter Biden and emails written by Hunter Biden himself, you can’t face up to the facts because you so desperately want a blue win in November.

I hope that all of Australia’s scientists aren’t as dishonest and partisan as you. We don’t stand a chance of being a smart country in the next decade if our scientists all nod in agreement with one another, rather than being able to calmly and rationally analyse evidence and facts and arrive at conclusions whether they fit your preconceived ideas or otherwise.
"even when faced with evidence"

You still don't seem to understand what "evidence" is. Have you physically seen these emails on his computer. Or have you seen a reporter telling you that these emails are real?

It's important that we establish if you can tell the difference between "evidence" and conjecture.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
"even when faced with evidence"

You still don't seem to understand what "evidence" is. Have you physically seen these emails on his computer. Or have you seen a reporter telling you that these emails are real?

It's important that we establish if you can tell the difference between "evidence" and conjecture.
You’re saying the tens of thousands of emails are fake?

Are you saying the quotes emails released so far were just typed up by someone pretending to be Hunter Biden?

I suppose the photos of Hunter Biden with a crack pipe in his mouth are just photoshopped eh?

And you’re saying the little computer repairman in Delaware is telling porkies?

Are you’re saying the repairman never contacted senator mike Lee last year to warn him of the information found on this PC?

And the repairman never gave the hard drive to the FBI?

Attachments

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t you care that political elites are selling their influence off the back of their positions of power? And then the idea that many media organisations and journalists are simply turning a blind eye when it happens....all because they want a particular outcome at the election in 3 weeks.

This was ok. They were only cancer sufferers.

Status
Not open for further replies.